Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by taylor
oh, ok, thanks. So we should be able to bring our carry-ons on board.
Since you will not be in BG1, do not reserve in the first two or three rows of E+. That overhead space is often (not always, but often) taken by BG1 passengers (and definitely filled by BG2) on crowded flights.
If you are not in BG2 (Silver, Gold, Credit cards and Premier Access purchasers), I expect that OH space would still be available nearby in the middle to rear of E+ when BG3 boards.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: aeroplan, delta, aa
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
Since you will not be in BG1, do not reserve in the first two or three rows of E+. That overhead space is often (not always, but often) taken by BG1 passengers (and definitely filled by BG2) on crowded flights.
If you are not in BG2 (Silver, Gold, Credit cards and Premier Access purchasers), I expect that OH space would still be available nearby in the middle to rear of E+ when BG3 boards.

got it. thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:01 pm

What is E+ like

Hi,

Flying from Tel Aviv to NYC with UA 777-200. I have an aisle seat in E-.
I am short so leg space isn't an issue but I am wondering if E+ is worth the money in terms of comfort and recline.

What are seats 16L/K like? Do they have personal screens with on-demand video? Are there no seats in front?
Same question regarding seat 32B and also the fact that they are close to the lavatories is that really bothersome?

For me an aisle seat is very important but I was told that with these seats it is the same as an aisle as I can get up whenever without disturbing anyone (there are no aisle seats available in these rows).

Also in terms of noise such as babies crying..I heard that some are given to parents with babies. So I don't want near that .
Thanks

Last edited by avital; Nov 9, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:23 pm

The only difference between UA E- and E+ is leg space.
Everything else is a matter of personal preference.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
E+ is like economy class used to be 25 years ago.

I am 6' and find E+ acceptable monetary value for a 12 hour international flight, as long as I take a sleeping pill.

However, I will not sit in E- for 12 hours.

Last edited by KDS777; Dec 3, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by avital
Flying from Tel Aviv to NYC with UA 777-200. I have an aisle seat in E-.
I am short so leg space isn't an issue but I am wondering if E+ is worth the money in terms of comfort and recline.

What are seats 16L/K like? Do they have personal screens with on-demand video? Are there no seats in front?
Same question regarding seat 32B and also the fact that they are close to the lavatories is that really bothersome? ...
See Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a pmCO 777 (ver 2: 2-class 50BF) for discussion of seats on this aircraft.

Originally Posted by avital
....Also in terms of noise such as babies crying..I heard that some are given to parents with babies. So I don't want near that . ...
The seats with bassinets are 16DEF, 31DEF -- more in the referenced thread
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Almost empty E+ section on today's flight from ORF to EWR (1222), UA would not allow E- passengers change seats. A few folks paid on board to move up to E+.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an archive thread, the active thread is
UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Consolidated]

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 1, 2024 at 1:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.