Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: DL Plat, CO/UA Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Morning all. Question for you. I have an EWR-PUJ flight on miles planned for later this week. Sadly I've now lost all United status after flying Delta the past few years. I'm interested in purchasing E+ seats for my flight, but was wondering if they reduce the cost during OLCI or is it the same as prior? In other words, should I wait until check-in or just spring for them now if I'm planning to?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:55 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by squa89
.... I'm interested in purchasing E+ seats for my flight, but was wondering if they reduce the cost during OLCI or is it the same as prior? In other words, should I wait until check-in or just spring for them now if I'm planning to?
Traditionally the cost has remainder the same but UA is known to be going toward dynmaic pricing, so that could applied in this case. But at best that means the price could go up or down. Given the seat choices will be more limited later and price differences likely only to differ by 10-20%+- there seems to be little value in waiting and greater risks in waiting.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Benjh
Hi all,

Am I right in thinking *Gold don't get E+ at all?
There's no discount, no nothing? FYI I'm gold with TK.

Thanks,
Ben.
You are correct there
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:43 pm
Suspended

What E+ seat would you recommend on A737-800 with row numbers 7-8, 10-15, 20-21? Note that seats 21C and 21D are no longer available (which seems to me the best seats).
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
What E+ seat would you recommend on A737-800 with row numbers 7-8, 10-15, 20-21? Note that seats 21C and 21D are no longer available (which seems to me the best seats).
This is the 738 with E+
Bulkhead (row 7) is good
Row 20 has extra leg space but no recline if that matters
I would avoid the window seat Row 21 -- small arm rest and in some case shorter seat cushion.
The rest are pretty much the same.

We need a new thread for this version to match the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nomy-plus.html and not drag this thread OT.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
Can't select seat on 2nd half of continuation flight

I have a flight booked with a connection
(MEL-SYD-LAX, if it matters). A one-stop same-flight # flight.
On the United site, I cannot upgrade/pick a seat in E+ for the 2nd leg (SYD-LAX) of the flight at all. I click on the 1st leg, and I can pick any seat, and when I hover over a seat, it says, e.g. "22C, $9". At the bottom it also says, "E+ available from $9", then when I pick the tab for the SYD-LAX leg, it amazingly still says at the bottom "E+ available for $9", but when I hover over any individual seat, it just says "22C" and won't let me select any seat. Lots of seats available.
I have a third leg on my trip. I can select E+ seats there for a different price, and when I move from that 3rd leg tab to the SYD-LAX tab, the price at the bottom is stuck on the price from the third leg.

Has anyone else seen this? Can I use this somehow to get the $9 price for SYD-LAX?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyernick
Can't select seat on 2nd half of continuation flight.
Has anyone else seen this? ...
Seating issue for direct flights are common. Call and have it fixed. If they have trouble, ask for the flight to be broken into two segments.
Originally Posted by flyernick
... Can I use this somehow to get the $9 price for SYD-LAX?
Suspect you will find no such luck
Old May 15, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
flying BOS-ORD-MSY on 6/3. the BOS-ORD leg (UA659) has an equipment change to a 763 in EWR and .bomb isn't letting me select an E+ seat on the 763 leg. i'm a plat.

i've tried chrome and FF - the seats appear blue, but you can't 'click' them. i can select E- seats. any ideas?
Old May 15, 2014, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by riphamilton
flying BOS-ORD-MSY on 6/3. the BOS-ORD leg (UA659) has an equipment change to a 763 in EWR and .bomb isn't letting me select an E+ seat on the 763 leg. i'm a plat.

i've tried chrome and FF - the seats appear blue, but you can't 'click' them. i can select E- seats. any ideas?
The solution is in the post directly above yours.
Old May 15, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by aacharya
The solution is in the post directly above yours.
haha wow... thanks. i'll just go hide in a corner for the rest of the night.
Old May 15, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Unless you've got really long legs, I would guess your issue is width more than pitch.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 7:31 pm

Companion E+

Hi, I am Gold, and booked travel a few months ago with my wife (non-elite) on the same reservation. I just had to cancel my flights but the wife is still traveling. We both originally had E+ seats, and after I cancelled my segments it looks like her seat is still in E+. My question is will she be automatically downgraded to regular economy at some point since I am not flying with her? If there is a good chance she will be downgraded, I'd rather select a "good" economy seat now rather than have her bumped at the last minute and be stuck in a "bad" economy seat. But if she gets to keep E+, then I won't want to make any changes. Thank you!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ferguson99
Hi, I am Gold, and booked travel a few months ago with my wife (non-elite) on the same reservation. I just had to cancel my flights but the wife is still traveling. We both originally had E+ seats, and after I cancelled my segments it looks like her seat is still in E+. My question is will she be automatically downgraded to regular economy at some point since I am not flying with her? If there is a good chance she will be downgraded, I'd rather select a "good" economy seat now rather than have her bumped at the last minute and be stuck in a "bad" economy seat. But if she gets to keep E+, then I won't want to make any changes. Thank you!
In all likelihood, she will stay there. She'll only get booted in the event of an aircraft swap or something similar. If she does get booted, odds are that you can take advantage of flux, especially at T-24, to get her a good seat in E-.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:21 pm

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Consolidated]

I am 5 ft 6, 5 ft 7 and I am currently wondering whether it is worth it to purchase an economy plus seat for $150 more. The fllight is 14 hrs on this configuration http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...-200_2_New.php . Since I am of shorter height would I be comfortable enough in E-?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
My sister in law is 5'0" and won't but economy plus

She claims the leg room is not the problem. Her feet don't reach the floor so she bought a blow up foot rest. Hasn't tried it yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.