Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by yolie
Just asking?
Thanks!
The credit card? Nope, nothing that is currently offered.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I believe that's the longest domestic route in the UA system (not counting ANC and HNL routes). It sure feels like forever. So I don't blame you. Good luck.
Thanks!

Probably should have shelled out the couple hundred more upfront to fly Virgin on this route in the first place..

Would have, but didn't realize I'd be flying in a UA 757-200 that hasn't been upgraded since removing the damn ashtrays (or are they still there, too?).
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by esmcblurm3
Would have, but didn't realize I'd be flying in a UA 757-200 that hasn't been upgraded since removing the damn ashtrays (or are they still there, too?).
IIRC they are still there.

As I understand it, these are not being upgraded as they will go to FedEx as part of a deal where a bunch of 757 will be retired from UA and 737-900 stretched version will enter service.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Gold - How to book E+ for 2 companions (1 is 3 years old)

A Gold premier benefit is being able to book E+ seats for self and one companion. I'm traveling with my daughter and granddaughter. How can I book E+ seats for all of us? Can I do it on one PNR and pay for the additional E+ seat when selecting seats? Should I call in? Or do I have to split the PNR with myself and one companion (my granddaughter) on one PNR with E+ seats, and a separate PNR with paid "upgrade" to E+ for my daughter? Ideally, it's best for all of us to be on one PNR in case of IRROPS.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by hughw
A Gold premier benefit is being able to book E+ seats for self and one companion. I'm traveling with my daughter and granddaughter. How can I book E+ seats for all of us? Can I do it on one PNR and pay for the additional E+ seat when selecting seats? Should I call in? Or do I have to split the PNR with myself and one companion (my granddaughter) on one PNR with E+ seats, and a separate PNR with paid "upgrade" to E+ for my daughter? Ideally, it's best for all of us to be on one PNR in case of IRROPS.
Last time I was in the same situation I could not do it online and had to call.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
I think the website has been improved to allow you to make a single reservation and just pay for the one extra E+ seat. When you go to the seat selection screen there will be a message that you are entitled to E+ for yourself and one companion. Once you select E+ seats for all three, you should be charged for the third.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hughw
If you're on separate PNRs, you have a much higher likelihood of convincing an agent to overlook the rules and put both people in E+ for you. It's a trade-off.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by lexdevil
I think the website has been improved to allow you to make a single reservation and just pay for the one extra E+ seat. When you go to the seat selection screen there will be a message that you are entitled to E+ for yourself and one companion. Once you select E+ seats for all three, you should be charged for the third.
This is correct. I just did this on a flight over the summer where I had 4 on the PNR and I was only gold at the time. It showed a cost of $0 for myself and one other, and allowed me to buy the other two.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:18 pm

Husband and I are both gold ( I'm MM) online few minutes ago and can't reserve E+ when seat choice appears
Do you need to purchase ticket first and only then reserve the E+ seats?
Changing from a direct flight using saver reward tiks but want to change to a stop in lax for 2 days and both reward and upgrades to BF are pretty expensive for points
Thought E+ might be a choice instead, plenty of E+ seats on seat maps
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Husband and I are both gold ( I'm MM) online few minutes ago and can't reserve E+ when seat choice appears
You can see E+ seats during booking, but you can only select them at the end of the process. Could have sworn that you used to be able to do that before payment, but last few times the screen after purchase would ask me if I want to select seats.

Changing from a direct flight using saver reward tiks but want to change to a stop in lax for 2 days and both reward and upgrades to BF are pretty expensive for points
No stopover on domestic reward ticket without additional mileage. And domestic Biz/FC is double coach.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EmailKid
You can see E+ seats during booking, but you can only select them at the end of the process. ....
If logged in as an elite, I have never not been able to select an E+ seat at the normal step after selecting flights but before making payment.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If logged in as an elite, I have never not been able to select an E+ seat at the normal step after selecting flights but before making payment.
+1. Maybe this is a "not fully logged-in" issue?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Thought E+ might be a choice instead, plenty of E+ seats on seat maps
I'm a MM and wife is Gold companion. I can always book E+ during seat selection and get seats no cost for my family of 4.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That's how I recall it, but the last two times I wasn't able to select seats until after submitting payment.

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
+1. Maybe this is a "not fully logged-in" issue?
Who knows, but I did not have to log in again to be able to select myself as traveler, and in same session select seats immediately after the purchase.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:14 pm

Yes, I was fully logged in but couldn't select E+ seats during process, don't like to buy tickets without knowing I can get E+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.