Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by DELee
Tangentially related to the thread but important nonetheless - happen to be looking for a snack in my travel bag and found this delight:

David
I wonder what else you got in that bag? You could probably eat for days 😛
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
What should one receive in F on PHL-ORD or ORD-PHL?
It seems to always be different. In the past year, it has ranged from a snackbox, snackbag, to nothing. My last flight, I received nothing while they did sell snackboxes in Y. Seems odd that Y would potentially receive more than F.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
ORD/PHL will most likely be the dreaded baggie. Agree it’s inconsistent - now and then get a snack box ORD-PHL/EWR/LGA, but not often
Old May 20, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
5/19 LAX-IAH 5:45 PM departure
There were actually different choices on this flight. Chicken and Ravioli. The chicken is not as plump as it appears as there were mixed vegetables underneath it. The sauce was described as a red pepper sauce but it was not very spicy. Still a side of fruit.

unitedbusiness likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAHMCI
There were actually different choices on this flight. Chicken and Ravioli. The chicken is not as plump as it appears as there were mixed vegetables underneath it. The sauce was described as a red pepper sauce but it was not very spicy. Still a side of fruit.

img
New entree!!
tcdtcd likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
IAH-FLL, snack flight despite 6:50pm departure. Two options - tomato or chicken sandwich. Opted for snack box. Usual drink service.
Old May 20, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IAHMCI

Originally Posted by fumje
New entree!!
New-ish: same chicken, different sauce. Also red pepper sauce is really a red bell pepper not a hot red pepper so no heat.

David
Old May 20, 2022, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
New-ish: same chicken, different sauce. Also red pepper sauce is really a red bell pepper not a hot red pepper so no heat.

David
I'll take it. But let's also not overlook: ravioli instead of "ragu". Definite improvement!
Old May 20, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by fumje
I'll take it. But let's also not overlook: ravioli instead of "ragu". Definite improvement!
So far on UA, my batting average on "ravioli" both pre- and post-pandemic flying has been abysmal - undercooked, no sauce (once), mush of overcooked. I'll wait to actually maybe trying it before any head nod of improvement from me.

David
Old May 21, 2022, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by marks88
IAH-FLL, snack flight despite 6:50pm departure. Two options - tomato or chicken sandwich. Opted for snack box. Usual drink service.
How far we've fallen. In my Continental years flying this route frequently, I was served a bowl of soup, a full size entree, side salad, and a slice of cake for dessert.
MatthewLAX, st530 and railmatt like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 7:20 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bocastephen
How far we've fallen. In my Continental years flying this route frequently, I was served a bowl of soup, a full size entree, side salad, and a slice of cake for dessert.
Indeed… I still remember the days of being served a four course meal (served separately in four courses) on UA’s ORD to west coast flights in the late 90s before the cost cutting started after the tech crash.

At the same time, I also remember post 9-11 when UA’s Shuttle 737s with only one bathroom in the back and no ovens in the front were integrated into the mainline fleet, and in F you would get a cold meal served in the equivalent of plastic takeout containers.
Old May 23, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
EWR-MIA 22 May 433 pm A319 seat 3B

PDB of water or champagne. Two passengers asked for different drinks and were accommodated.

Choice of sandwiches. Tried the chicken for the first time in a while and consuming just the chicken while scraping some of the cheesy pesto goo was not the end of the world.

Bubbly was whatever the new version is that no one likes.

Excellent FA serving F.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:28 am

Angry EWR-SFO 18:40 departure

Two choices: chicken with polenta and broccoli or butternut squash ravioli
Both served with mixed green salad, cheesecake "made with REAL strawberries", and a warm pretzel roll encased in plastic.
I made the mistake of choosing the ravioli, which were disgusting. Overcooked, the pasta had congealed into a mush. Presentation was a disaster, flavor absent. The contents of the meal couldn't have cost more than $5.
The pre-arrival snack of hummus and tabbouleh was passable.

I've had better economy catering on TK and SQ. And Mint on B6 is in a different league. Seriously UA, your food is an embarrassment.
noralawrence, zeer0 and cczzll like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by YZF_Flyer
...Seriously UA, your food is an embarrassment.
Seriously, UA doesn't care. People are still buying tickets to get where they want to go. If UA's food were served at prisons, there would be riots.
noralawrence likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by YZF_Flyer
Two choices: chicken with polenta and broccoli or butternut squash ravioli
If you are ok with a Burger and a pack of Pringles, then you can pass those two nasty options, and ask for a Burger from the economy cabin.
MatthewLAX and cczzll like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.