Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old May 31, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
that’s frustrating. Flying this same route in 2 days and it’s a 7:59am flight so I plan to get to the airport as close in as I can, especially since the Priority Pass restaurant at DCA terminal B is not open that early. Would love a proper breakfast on board. What exactly is in the snack box?
Same standard types of snack boxes they normally give out.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
LAX-EWR UA2473 11:45PM
Boeing 777-200PW
Dinner, Breakfast

May 30th, 2022

Champagne was champagne

i was hoping for a Thai coconut chicken but my dry streak/unluck continues. I was definitely not happy to see this on the transcon routes.

and for the first time ever I actually woke up for the pre arrival meal so I enjoyed the croissant and had 1 bite of the yogurt thanks to the signature Chobani sugar shot.
Ugh that definitely looks like the "compressed molded chicken scraps" version of "chicken breast".
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
5/31/22
IAH-YYC

PDBs of water or "sparkling" were offered. Ugh I don't think I've had such bad sparkling wine since college. Better than no PDB though, which is what SOP has been on Delta.

Dinner was either the "pasta" which was described as polenta pasta, or chicken and rice. In hindsight I should have gone for the chicken. The pasta wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly good either. the fruit and the chocolate tart were the best parts of the meal. The F crew was also great with the drinks, until they ran out of Buffalo Trace that is.

Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
5/31/22
IAH-YYC

The F crew was also great with the drinks, until they ran out of Buffalo Trace that is.
Then what happened?

David
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DELee
Then what happened?
I had to switch to Jack and then we landed. They also didn't have the Lagunitas IPA like the menu suggested, but rather a 312 IPA.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
5/31/22
IAH-YYC

PDBs of water or "sparkling" were offered. Ugh I don't think I've had such bad sparkling wine since college. Better than no PDB though, which is what SOP has been on Delta.

Dinner was either the "pasta" which was described as polenta pasta, or chicken and rice. In hindsight I should have gone for the chicken. The pasta wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly good either. the fruit and the chocolate tart were the best parts of the meal. The F crew was also great with the drinks, until they ran out of Buffalo Trace that is.
Don't be so sure about that. It could have been the completely inedible "compressed formed chicken scraps" version of the "chicken breast".
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
It's so sad UA ruined the chicken breast. I actually liked it a lot - did not mind ordering it over and over. But the banquet-style rubber chicken parts thing they have now is gross.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by physioprof (Post # 774)
It could have been the completely inedible "compressed formed chicken scraps" version of the "chicken breast".
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post # 775)
It's so sad UA ruined the chicken breast. I actually liked it a lot - did not mind ordering it over and over. But the banquet-style rubber chicken parts thing they have now is gross.
To be clear, the faux chicken does not look anything like Post # 754 above, does it? That was served in first class last month, MNL-GUM, and tasted quite delicious to me.

I had this thread in mind and was carefully inspecting the meat for potential "parts compression" or other evidence of artificiality, but found none.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:01 am

Geez. Have Polaris flights to LA and NY coming up… domestic so will probably be even worse than these. Hard to consider this fare when landing in those two places!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 2, 2022 at 3:41 pm Reason: moved to appropriate thread
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I have truly no idea how press/media works and maybe it is 100% inappropriate for you to voice your thoughts to UA, but I have got to imagine that you are closer to UA's ear than any of us are and maybe if you were to say hey the compressed science chicken is gross it might get heard.

The best I can do is complain to UA we do not care department and my complaint along with the rest of ours ends up in the trash can.
MatthewLAX and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kmersh
I have truly no idea how press/media works and maybe it is 100% inappropriate for you to voice your thoughts to UA, but I have got to imagine that you are closer to UA's ear than any of us are and maybe if you were to say hey the compressed science chicken is gross it might get heard.

The best I can do is complain to UA we do not care department and my complaint along with the rest of ours ends up in the trash can.
I'll do a post on it. Perhaps someone can PM me a high-res image of the "chicken parts". I have not experienced it yet.

A post is more powerful than an email to PR and I won't break the chain and go to catering directly.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by pesos
Geez. Have Polaris flights to LA and NY coming up… domestic so will probably be even worse than these. Hard to consider this fare when landing in those two places!
There are no domestic flights with Polaris service, although there are some domestic flights using planes with Polaris seating configurations.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
There are no domestic flights with Polaris service, although there are some domestic flights using planes with Polaris seating configurations.
Ah got it. Well I’m flying “premium transcontinental service”

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...-services.html

“Our premium transcontinental routes now offer seasonal menus crafted by renowned chefs and distinctive amenities inspired by these four iconic cities, so you can get a taste of your destination before you arrive.”

“For your safety and the safety of our employees, we currently serve your entrée, salad and salad dressing, bread and mixed nuts together, along with a sealed, single-serve individual ice cream cup for dessert service.* Everything is served packaged or covered for you to unwrap. All beverages, including beer, wine, liquor and non-alcoholic drinks are complimentary.

*Ice cream cups are only available on select flights.“
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
p.s. catering is a different mealset (technically speaking, but these days it's last month's domestic meals) I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 2, 2022 at 3:42 pm Reason: cleanup after move
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by findark
p.s. catering is included in 2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service and while it's a different mealset (technically speaking, but these days it's last month's domestic meals) I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Hopes def not up :-) Thanks for the link, didn't realize there was a separate thread. Oh boy, if it's worse than what's shown here I'm in for a real treat!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.