Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Silver
4/23 DEN-HNL polarized 777-200

Warm nuts and beverage served prior to the meal.

The old classic Asian Short rib served with a set of dirty cutlery. I do enjoy this dish and choose it every time it is offered.

The dirty cutlery with dried on food.

Arrival meal hamburger. The other choice was a cold soba noodle salad. The sweet potato fries under the bun top were raw and crispy like carrots.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:27 pm

4/24 HNL-GUM 777-300

An amazing Guam based crew.

Chicken Katsu and Japanese curry sauce with the always amazing guava cake and the delicious rice balls that go great with an ice cold beer.

Arrival meal was a choice of teriyaki burger or cold soba noodle salad. I ordered the burger out of curiosity, but saved my appetite for dinner at the beach.

Guam was absolutely empty. Good for those who are at the beach, but not for the many hotels, bars, and restaurants.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:52 pm

4/28 GUM-HNL 777-300

Same cabin crew as my inbound flight. The flight departed two hours late due to an issue with the fuel valves not opening when they were attempting to fuel the aircraft. This was going on during boarding and as a result we sat at the gate the whole time. While at the gate, United branded vans pulled up beside the aircraft and loads of variety packs of Lay's chips and bottled water was brought on board and served to each cabin. I couldn't get myself to stomach a bag of chips at 8AM.

I really like the combo of the cheese omelette and fried rice. My Starbucks siracha pack took this over the top! Also pictured is my mini Tabasco. On long-haul flights, I always bring a trio of hot sauce. The croissant was served wrapped in oven proof foil, but it was served cold...ICE COLD!
That dang fruit cup. Thumbs down.
The other option was French toast.

Arrival meal was fried Chinese noodles with pork. I was hungry, and my Starbucks siracha saved the day again!
SPN Lifer and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Airbus_Retard
My Starbucks siracha pack took this over the top!

my Starbucks siracha saved the day again!
Where/what is this?
Thanks for the great, informative posts otherwise.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Where/what is this?
Thanks for the great, informative posts otherwise.

Starbucks has single serve Starbucks branded siracha packs available behind the counter that I believe are meant to be served with the egg bites. I always ask for one or two of them when visiting a Starbucks to replenish my inventory. I often purchase $10 or $20 gift cards for the cabin crews on my flights, especially for the single cabin crew on the CRJ550 or CRJ200 SkyWest flights so I will ask for a couple.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Starbucks has single serve Starbucks branded siracha packs available behind the counter that I believe are meant to be served with the egg bites. I always ask for one or two of them when visiting a Starbucks to replenish my inventory. I often purchase $10 or $20 gift cards for the cabin crews on my flights, especially for the single cabin crew on the CRJ550 or CRJ200 SkyWest flights so I will ask for a couple.
Great stuff! Will check on this. I usually have Cholula packets from UC in my liquids bag.
SPN Lifer and Airbus_Retard like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
4/23 DEN-HNL polarized 777-200

The dirty cutlery with dried on food.

Hope the crew gave you a set of clean utensils to use.

David

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 8, 2022 at 11:55 pm Reason: quote only needed images
Old May 8, 2022, 5:53 pm
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Hi All,

Lurking in this thread trying to understand what i will be served...
first time on UA in years.

ORD-COS on an A320 in F. Flight is blocked ~2:30
Based on United's website this would imply a "Sandwich" and a snack box, as im departing a hub.

I'm assuming the sandwich is hot? is it the croissant i have seen in this thread?

is this all correct?
Old May 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DreAAmliner
Hi All,

Based on United's website this would imply a "Sandwich" and a snack box, as im departing a hub.

I'm assuming the sandwich is hot? is it the croissant i have seen in this thread?

is this all correct?
Does united.com list 'snack' or 'lunch/dinner'? Depends on the time of the day
Old May 8, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by DreAAmliner
Hi All,

is this all correct?
Hey, it’s a sandwich OR a snack box!! Who do you think you are??!!

At breakfast time it will be Egg McCroissant or Everything bagel with cream cheese. After, it will be the fine “carved chicken” or the focaccia veg option.
Old May 8, 2022, 6:00 pm
formerly DreAAmliner

Originally Posted by cfischer
Does united.com list 'snack' or 'lunch/dinner'? Depends on the time of the day
sorry...

10am, and it lists a "snack"
Old May 8, 2022, 6:03 pm
formerly DreAAmliner

Originally Posted by tcdtcd

At breakfast time it will be Egg McCroissant or Everything bagel with cream cheese. After, it will be the fine “carved chicken” or the focaccia veg option.
What if i belligerently peacock with my AA mid-tier status? Could i then get both?? (JOKE)
Thank you for the info!
tcdtcd likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Hope the crew gave you a set of clean utensils to use.

David
Yes they did; however. The man serving the rear J cabin was more interested in getting home to Hawaii than giving a simple smile.
Old May 8, 2022, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by VWang1111

Choice of chicken with polenta or pasta. Pasta ended up not being too bad although wish there was more than just plain ricotta inside.
And paired with a cream cheese based dessert.

Me personally I like it! But others MMV. And the following day would likely be a detox diet for me…
Airbus_Retard likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I always interpreted it the way DreAAmliner did. “For flights over 2 hours and 20 minutes, you’ll be offered a choice between a selection of sandwiches and one of our snack boxes on flights from:”

Since sandwiches is plural, I think a fair reading is that you get to choose one sandwich and receive one snack box.

That being said, in practice, I’ve never been offered both but given the phrasing, have no problem asking for a snack box if i want one and have never been turned down (or charged).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.