Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Technically, the internal menu calls for plated meals (included our favorite chicken dish served cold) on flights over 1,500 miles, but I have not seen a single instance of them.
I guess I'm one of the rare few that received a plated meal on a United Express flight since the pandemic. It was in August 2021, on an evening Mesa Airlines E175 flight from IAH to RNO. We were offered the same Latin chicken dish & accompaniments that we've had lots of experience tasting in the past year on mainline flights, but the entree in the casserole dish was served chilled instead of heated. If memory serves, the alternative offering was a snack box.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Noooo. Wycliffe, The free champagne brunch places in Los Angeles would typically Cash and Carry from Restaurant Depot for around $30 a case of 12 bottles. I think it’s $5/btl at Total wine. It is such plonk (being generous) and.. I’m in the industry
I didn't see the bottle but the bubbly served last night on IAH-MIA was awful, so I'm guessing it was this; much sweeter than what they had been pouring on all my prior recent domestic flights. It was so bad I switched it out for the slightly less awful white (an extremely buttery chardonnay).
Old May 10, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Re. UAX discussion: I've got upcoming LAX-ZIH-LAX flights, which GCMap lists as 1,538 miles and for which UA.com shows breakfast on the outbound and lunch on the return. I'll report back on what is actually served.
MatthewLAX, kirkwoodj and NJKen like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
THat pasta dish seems to indicate we are receiving new choices on non premium routes
I suspect it has to do more with the outstation point of catering (PVR) rather than any systemwide menu update, but I'll gladly be proven wrong.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:25 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Technically, the internal menu calls for plated meals (included our favorite chicken dish served cold) on flights over 1,500 miles, but I have not seen a single instance of them.
The cited EWR-EYW at less than 1,200 miles is well under the 1,500 threshold

Agreed 100%, but also on hub-hub flights over 800 miles. That said, I can't think of any that are running right now.
I thought no UX was allowed hub-hub
Old May 10, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I haven't seen a plated cold entree meal on Express in a very long time, even before coronavirus, and even on a 3+ hr flight. Of course I certainly saw a very artistically presented and tasty cold plate meal on Swiss for a 40 minute flight, so it's not like it cannot be done.
you didn’t see my hoagie from the Italian Market in Philadelphia on PHL-IAD?😀
The flight attendant served two doubles in that 30 minute flight
artvandalay and kirkwoodj like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Don’t think so. I’ve seen it from ORD-IAD and LAX-SFO.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The cited EWR-EYW at less than 1,200 miles is well under the 1,500 threshold

Used to be a restriction, but I am pretty sure was lifted during a semi-recent update.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Interesting entree, never seen it. Is that a sweet/sour sauce of some sort?
It looks like s Thai-style sweet chili sauce to me.
uastarflyer likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
So what can I expect tomorrow in Premium Plus on EWR-SFO, are they still doing the same meals as Polaris?
Old May 10, 2022, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by itripreport
So what can I expect tomorrow in Premium Plus on EWR-SFO, are they still doing the same meals as Polaris?
Uh, no Polaris service within the domestic US market.

David
Old May 10, 2022, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by itripreport
Meals are still the same as in business class.
Old May 11, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Alright take #2, what are the westbound dinner options for June? Namely, EWR-LAX if it matters? Thanks!
Old May 11, 2022, 12:45 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by higher_flyer
Have to agree. I'm not one to expect anything other than "edible" from UA meals, and normally I'm satisfied with what they serve. A stiff G&T helps many things (with my TrueLime packets of course - thanks FT!).

Then along comes Ragu or Latin/Spanish/?? Chicken, which are among the worst offerings ever. And now, to top it off, the Chicken is inedible. For this week's flight, it was so rubbery it couldn't be cut with a knife. I barely managed to saw off three bites, which also tasted pretty much like rubber. The rice was a watery mess. Literally the most disgusting UA dish I've ever been served.

Side note, it's laughable they're still serving a breakfast fruit bowl instead of a salad. Ah well, at least the fruit edible.
That’s what I find so striking - with such limited selection and virtually no rotation, you’d think this would be a chance to perfect something. Alas, the quality of the same old dishes is sliding downwards.

SFO-EWR today had a choice of the leftover Chicken Orzo or the Butternut Squash ravioli.

Service was very slow given only three FAs now for the full 789 cabin, and the FA flying the Purser/Left Aisle position shared it was her second ever flight after training - the outbound was her first.
Old May 11, 2022, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Alright take #2, what are the westbound dinner options for June? Namely, EWR-LAX if it matters? Thanks!
Won't be published till last week of month. But I expect the chicken with polenta or ravioli.
flyingrohit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.