Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 11:24 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
I know United is an *American* airline but my goodness can we have some nutritious options here? That burger looked like it tasted good but if you are in the air regularly that can't be a constant option for consumption that looks like its an easy 1000 calories.
The meal comes with a bowl of fruit, which adds to the fruit and vegetable column. Also, there are options of chicken and ragu.

Originally Posted by seat38a
Well it will end up on the blog and United will implement a new policy of strict inventory control.
Not really - for food safety requirement, all non-prepackaged food needs to be thrown away.

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
no, I wouldn’t blog about that.

sometimes, a great FA gives me a bottle of wine. I don’t dare blog about it for fear the FA will get in trouble.
I have a collection of UA cloth napkins for that reason.

Originally Posted by RancherDave
Amazing how many folks are asking for the food in coach over the F food...although given the option I might follow that pattern as well. Is it safe to assume that the substitution was done as a courtesy or were you asked to fund your coach meal? Just wonder how much leeway they have to give away food that normally get charged to a passenger on board expenses card.

Many moons ago, like probably pre 911 (the black day in history, not the introduction of that phone number) I recall being able to send booze to friends sitting in coach without the FAs giving it a second thought. Seems like I even shared a meal that way once, probably because it was eggs which I don't eat.

If I get lucky I may take a long haul international flight for my birthday, and will be interested to see how the service matches to what I recall from a few years back when my last similar flight brought me back from TPE to IAH non stop on EVA (UA Partner).

I'd love to see UA restore more choice in the available booze served at least up front.
Food from coach is an unadvertised option. I believe there is an option for the FA to use that reason code as payment.
MatthewLAX and RancherDave like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by DELee
I asked nicely and received two (full) trays of these that were left over at the end of my flight:

And, yes, always be nice.

David
so what you are saying is….there’s a chance I can walk home with a bunch of extra of these

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Wow! You’ve given me a great idea.
Me too!!! I want pie in the sky!!

Originally Posted by PTahCha
The meal comes with a bowl of fruit, which adds to the fruit and vegetable column. Also, there are options of chicken and ragu.
That’s all fine and well, but the burger itself still adds to the “this contains way more saturated fat and sodium than you should have in a week” column. Also the ragu isn’t the most nutritious of options either. The chicken that way is still decent. Though I haven’t flown F in a few months now and it looks as if the chicken has degraded in quality.
Old May 1, 2022, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
so what you are saying is….there’s a chance I can walk home with a bunch of extra of these
That'd be a long walk to SNA...but the pies in the sky will keep...

David
Old May 1, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Vegetable stew seems to be a replacement of the ragu.

Originally Posted by SFO777
Whoa. I just went to select my meal for this Friday's 7pm LAX-DEN flight and there are now FIVE (5) options.
A little veggie-heavy but still a pleasant surprise. Think I'll try the burger this time.

Old May 1, 2022, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dkc192
the picture is the same. I’m thinking they just updated the description of this tired dish. Which means it will hang around longer
cczzll likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Not a replacement - a simple/sordid name change. Blech. Cruel gruel.

David
MatthewLAX, kirkwoodj and tcdtcd like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They still left the radio button saying ragu.
Old May 1, 2022, 8:27 pm

EWR-SFO 06:30 AM
other option was French toast

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 11:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
That’s all fine and well, but the burger itself still adds to the “this contains way more saturated fat and sodium than you should have in a week” column. Also the ragu isn’t the most nutritious of options either. The chicken that way is still decent. Though I haven’t flown F in a few months now and it looks as if the chicken has degraded in quality.
The burger is not a standard option, so I think we are all safe. Back to the chicken and ragu show, assuming they don't make any changes for a while.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:29 am

4/26/2022-SAT/IAD nonstop A319. FC-$800+. Pesto and Cheese hot sandwich in a bowl. Nothing else. Flight otherwise OK.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Does anyone know if ORD-MCO/TPA have always been "snack" flights? I'm taking a 6pm ORD-MCO this week and thought the previous times I've taken this flight a proper meal was served. Assuming a "snack" will at most consist of a terrible sandwich of some sort?

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by chicago747
Does anyone know if ORD-MCO/TPA have always been "snack" flights? I'm taking a 6pm ORD-MCO this week and thought the previous times I've taken this flight a proper meal was served. Assuming a "snack" will at most consist of a terrible sandwich of some sort?

Thanks!
Flown both routes (TPA in late Feb, MCO two weeks ago) - both are just the sandwich. Tomato/mozzarella or something chicken. You can see pictures upthread.
chicago747 likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive

Me too!!! I want pie in the sky!!

If the "chicken" is actually a chicken breast, then it's fine. Lately, it's a decent chance of getting instead a molded chunk of pressed chicken gristle/skin/fat.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
UA2091 ORD-SEA April 27 1253 dep A319

Typical 5 options to preorder so went with the veggie enchiladas, couldn’t eat the chicken again. Meal was pretty tasty, would definitely order again. Great service from Krista who kept the drinks flowing. Interestingly four others siting around me declined lunch.

Old May 2, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
UA 1631 SEA-IAD April 29 0800 dep B738

pre-ordered scrambled eggs, other choice was waffle. FA confirmed my order. Seatmate also ordered the scrambled eggs. He got the scrambled eggs but for some reason I got egg white bites as did everyone served eggs after me. She apologized and said catering messed up. Wasn’t happy but what can you do?! Oh and my seatmate who got the last real eggs had no status. And what’s with the granola bar?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.