Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old May 29, 2022, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
MNL-GUM, May 2022

This appeared to be real chicken breast (not compressed chicken parts) with a delicious sweet & sour sauce.

The flight attendant had no problem giving me a couple of mini-bottles of Bailey's to drink straight-up. I miss the Amaretto from CO Micronesia days to mix with it.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG UA G Hilton Diamond
SFO-EWR UA523 J

For some weird reason the redeye is listed online as a snack but was a choice between coconut chicken noodle bowl or butternut squash ravioli. Both were fine but I wish they had loaded the burger.

Pre arrival was a packaged croissant and yogurt.
snic and MatthewLAX like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
IAD-SFO 5/28 5:50pm

Choice of chicken or ragu. I have pretty low standards but this was honestly the worst meal up front I've had this year. I guess I'm only used to the premium transcon and Hawaii meals. Small portions, chicken was rubbery, not a fan of snickerdoodle cookie for dessert. Bring back ice cream!
Old May 29, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by VWang1111

Choice of chicken or ragu. I have pretty low standards but this was honestly the worst meal up front I've had this year. I guess I'm only used to the premium transcon and Hawaii meals. Small portions, chicken was rubbery, not a fan of snickerdoodle cookie for dessert. Bring back ice cream!
One thing to sure UA does right is the fruit plate, never had a bad one
leftysauce likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
One thing to sure UA does right is the fruit plate, never had a bad one
Fruits don't require much work. Even then, the fruit presentation looks incredibly dull...get fruits which have vibrant colors - e.g. strawberry.

AA fruit plate, not on the same tray as main course:

Flying Machine and cczzll like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Nothing but snack boxes on a 3+ hour block DCA-IAH today... is this the new normal? Based on the UA site it is, but with AA DL and AS back to hot meals in F this is kinda embarasing.
thats frustrating. Flying this same route in 2 days and its a 7:59am flight so I plan to get to the airport as close in as I can, especially since the Priority Pass restaurant at DCA terminal B is not open that early. Would love a proper breakfast on board. What exactly is in the snack box?
Old May 29, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by 1kBill
Maybe if we all did that UA would start to get a clue that their premium cabin food is crap.
I ask for the grain bowl all the time from the back. Infinitely better than the F slop.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 24 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Recent DEN-OGG and HNL-DEN service.

Tried something new - thought I was getting butternut squash ravioli on the DEN-OGG segment, but actually got a large piece of breaded squash. This was a very vegetarian dish with root vegetable on the side, but with the sauce all in all was not a bad dish. Just have to suspend the first impressions. Pre arrival burger did not disappoint, other choice was soba noodle salad.

On the HNL-DEN segment went with the katsu which I enjoyed. I learned a while back that you get more flavor from a piece of thigh and agree this one worked. It certainly matters when the crew does a good job of heating the dish. I really liked the cold rice side dish, it has a little maui onion thing going on and was very flavorful. Pre arrival into DEN chose protein plate (more fruit/cheese IMHO). Struggling to recall the other option, but figured I'd have the lighter choice.
Attached Images     
SPN Lifer and cczzll like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: AA Gold

And you thought your portion was small 😂

SFO-ORD this morning

Seriously though, i think the dish tasted good, especially the chicken, plus fruit plate is never a miss

ORD-DEN last week
Finally got to try the egg dish for the first time - I had only been able to get waffles cuz egg option was always out whenever it's my turn to choose. It was ok but not great

Last edited by leftysauce; May 30, 2022 at 6:16 am
Old May 30, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive

That definitely appears to be the "compressed chicken scraps" fake "chicken breast".
Old May 30, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Pre arrival into DEN chose protein plate (more fruit/cheese IMHO). Struggling to recall the other option, but figured I'd have the lighter choice.
That protein plate with the chia seed pudding and croissant is the best-looking breakfast I've seen on here in the past 2 years.
SFO 1K likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
LAX-EWR UA2473 11:45PM
Boeing 777-200PW
Dinner, Breakfast

May 30th, 2022

Champagne was champagne

i was hoping for a Thai coconut chicken but my dry streak/unluck continues. I was definitely not happy to see this on the transcon routes.

and for the first time ever I actually woke up for the pre arrival meal so I enjoyed the croissant and had 1 bite of the yogurt thanks to the signature Chobani sugar shot.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
LAX-EWR UA2473 11:45PM
Boeing 777-200PW
Dinner, Breakfast

May 30th, 2022
Did I spy a nutcup there?? Please tell me it was warmed up ... I miss those!
Old May 31, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Did I spy a nutcup there?? Please tell me it was warmed up ... I miss those!
astutely observed, you did and it was indeed warmed up, the ramekin was actually hot to hold and the nuts were hot too. Very enjoyable with the champagne
dmurphynj likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
astutely observed, you did and it was indeed warmed up, the ramekin was actually hot to hold and the nuts were hot too. Very enjoyable with the champagne
Great news indeed!! Thanks for sharing -- I actually really love when they serve those early with a drink while the meals are prepared. Gives me an opportunity to really savor them. I might have to take a page from your playbook and celebrate their return with a champagne on my way to OGG this weekend. ;-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.