Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Chicken katsu traditionally comes on rice so noodles is unusual unless its katsu ramen; however, it is a lot of rice even though those rice balls are definitely pretty good. The cake is better than a prepackaged cookie IMO.
Guavaaah!

David
CApreppie, kirkwoodj and evol like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Chicken katsu traditionally comes on rice so noodles is unusual unless its katsu ramen; however, it is a lot of rice even though those rice balls are definitely pretty good. The cake is better than a prepackaged cookie IMO.
absolutely, but we’ve seen United make plenty of twists on a traditional meal. It’s just a whole lot of rice upon rice, and I certainly don’t want to remove the rice balls; they’re darn tasty.

How about moving the rice ball to be plated with the chicken, and then a bowl of ramen as the side? I’d be all for that!
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
United should offer more soup-y entrees again. I think they can hide a lot of potential mistakes most of which involves avoiding dried out and tough "ingredients." Also the smell wafting from the soup can help with our reduced taste buds at altitude by bringing more senses into the dining, and the plating is easier because we have seen just how dreadful some of the food placement is. Another benefit is soup tends to make you feel more full which can be good because some of the entree amounts seem kind of small at times.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: United currently plat
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
June 10
OGG-SFO
UA1722
Boeing 777-200 Domestic (P&W engined - welcome back...?)
13:45 depature (sked 12:50), Lunch

Choice of ravioli or chicken katsu.

Katsu was tasty (and real chicken) - the rice ball accoutremant was awesome - surprisingly, one of the tastiest items I've had in a long time on UA. Given that, wish the Katsu was plated with something other than plain white rice - some noodles maybe? Just a little variety, but this is a minor nitpick. The rice balls are a home run -- they really should do that one on the mainland. Easy, cheap, tasty.

Room temperature nuts in a bag, and a wholly unappealing, ice cold roll in a bag. I'm guessing the jelly packet is the new fruit bowl?

Generic chocolate cookie in a bag. Served a cold brownie in a bag later in the flight. (Sense a theme?)

Excellent service. Zero complaints there whatsoever.

Flight review - 777-222A is back. Might have been the smoothest flight I've had in years - I mean, not one bump the entire flight. Suspiciously smooth, as if United built a sky track. Remembered why I never liked the IPTE seats....

where da curry sauce tho? and no guava cake
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
United should offer more soup-y entrees again. I think they can hide a lot of potential mistakes most of which involves avoiding dried out and tough "ingredients." Also the smell wafting from the soup can help with our reduced taste buds at altitude by bringing more senses into the dining, and the plating is easier because we have seen just how dreadful some of the food placement is. Another benefit is soup tends to make you feel more full which can be good because some of the entree amounts seem kind of small at times.
As long as they don’t interpret that to mean those noodle cups where they come around with hot water. FKA the Y midflight TPAC snack
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
As long as they don’t interpret that to mean those noodle cups where they come around with hot water. FKA the Y midflight TPAC snack
I’d think more like the pmCO soup courses. Cheap, easy, and delicious. Would be great to have those back!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by evol
where da curry sauce tho? and no guava cake
looks like a dessert downgrade from the ono guava cake to a single cookie from duty free
evol likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
I’d think more like the pmCO soup courses. Cheap, easy, and delicious. Would be great to have those back!
The cioppino....too much to ask for - takes to much technology to press shrimp parts into something that looks like a shrimp.
wrp96, dmurphynj and BlueSky72 like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
RIC-DEN (mainline) breakfast pre-order option ...

The plane overnights in RIC, which obviously has no catering. It looks like no hot breakfast - just a fruit and cheese plate, which is described as grilled beef tenderloin ...
ual744777sta and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Fully agree. That spicy chicken noodle soup (or whatever it was called) on Polaris flights was a relatively big hit.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
RNO-DEN Breakfast Choice

The only choice for 0830 departure, description sounds way more interesting then the picture!

rch4u likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
DEN-IAD lunch choices

Five choices for DEN-IAD lunch flight on B739 departing at 1455. Haven’t tried either of the two new entrees yet.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Anyone had a post-June 1 breakfast on an E175 and, if so, what was it?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
The cioppino....too much to ask for - takes to much technology to press shrimp parts into something that looks like a shrimp.
Factories have perfected the art of turning fish into fake crab. Presto fake shrimp!
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
12JUN BOS-IAH 1:40pm preordered chicken zaatar, roll and Pie in the Sky both served warm. Solid dish. We also enjoyed the chowdah in BOS UC, was telling my SO about how good the soups were on pmCO back in the day, as mentioned slightly upthread.
st530 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.