Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
I had the chicken Katsu in December. VERY good meal. Not as good as I had in the Cheesecake Factory on Waikiki, but still a well done meal
leftysauce likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by globetraveler
I am incredibly tired of the same French Toast or Egg in Pastry option on the PS transcons, it's really dreadful. When is United going to get with the times and adapt to the market? These routes are flying LA-NYC, people generally want lighter fare, modern presentation. It's quite dreadful I must say.
Same old also on the route between EWR and SFO.

Either the tasteless French Toast, or the disgusting Chicken Polenta (which was the only thing left by the time FA got to me mid cabin) - all from today on separate flights:

​​​​​​
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
IAH-SFO, 02/20/22 - Dinner

Ol' polenta ragu or even older chicken stuff.

Here's the chicken stuff:

Notes
- Plane was late into IAH from DEN so we left ~0.5 hour late
- No PDB at least in 2nd J cabin; ended up requesting a cup of H2O
- No nuts or pre-meal drink
- Roll not heated
- No dessert
- 2nd J cabin ended up getting all Buffalo Trace being consumed by the time I asked for one about an hour prior to landing; thought about asking if there was more in the 1st cabin or in Y but decided to let it slide

Ate a bite or two of the older chicken stuff and just gave up. Thanks to the 2022 HOU DO, I had some Texas BBQ from Truth with me so I survived:

Also had used el old chicken to warm my roll and defrost the butter:

David
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Ah, the good older chicken. It's not bad, but it's also disturbingly similar to what I made at home for the food stamps challenge (rice, beans, corn, bulk frozen chicken).
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
2/19/21 UA 252 HNL-IAH redeye. Dinner: Chicken katsu or cauliflower croquette. Turbulence caused major service delay so I went to bed. SO said chicken was fine.
Pre-arrival egg, rice, Portuguese sausage hit the spot.
Pretty quick flight due to big tailwind
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Did a quick trip to Chicago last week.

LAX-ORD
February 2022
UA1752 (3:00pm departure)
777-200

Chicken or ragu polenta, both served with fruit (no blueberries), a hot pretzel roll, and hot pie in the sky.

I don't mind the chicken - I eat chicken most days at home and view this as a lean protein source.

ORD-LAX
February 2022
UA1259 (6:00pm departure)
757-300

On my way back, I was pretty famished after not eating all day and decided to augment my meal (same choices, though a wheat roll instead of sourdough) with a salad and hummus appetizer from the United Club. Look how great this dinner looks:

(Kudos to UA Club in ORD - I really like the current selections).

Now if only UA would add back salads and appetizers to all dinner flights...this was a very satisfying and relatively healthy dinner!
santarosaflyer and gioannis13 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Followup to my earlier post for IAH-SFO yesterday.

Here's my makeshift dessert since none was provided with the meal:

Started with coffee and aggregated the two Baileys and two Biscoffs. Had I been more aggressive I might have sought out items from the front cabin or even stroopwaffels from the rear or a snack box.

Plenty of champagne/sparkling wine refills:

Bottles used for service:

David
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Anyone else noting increased supply outages of beverages on planes lately?
Bloody Mary mix has been missing on some flights. Gin and/or tonic also seems to be missing on occasion.

Strangely, no ice was available on my last two flights.
Nether was a "quick turn" type of flight. FA just states catering didn't supply ice....
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1.75 MM
Gambino Sparkling Wine. $11.99 full retail.
2020 Vina Temprana Old Vines Garnacha. $8.00 or maybe less?
2020 Maribel Chardonnay. ? (not Mirabel)

United is really pulling out the stops on their wine budget aren't they?
tcdtcd, IndyHoosier and Repooc17 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

On my way back, I was pretty famished after not eating all day and decided to augment my meal (same choices, though a wheat roll instead of sourdough) with a salad and hummus appetizer from the United Club. Look how great this dinner looks:

(Kudos to UA Club in ORD - I really like the current selections).

Now if only UA would add back salads and appetizers to all dinner flights...this was a very satisfying and relatively healthy dinner!
"Food and beverage is provided for consumption and use in the Lounge and may not be removed."
Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by MysteryTour
Gambino Sparkling Wine. $11.99 full retail.
2020 Vina Temprana Old Vines Garnacha. $8.00 or maybe less?
2020 Maribel Chardonnay. ? (not Mirabel)

United is really pulling out the stops on their wine budget aren't they?
You can always fly Delta and get Imagery wines from a can.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:08 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by st530
"Food and beverage is provided for consumption and use in the Lounge and may not be removed."
He removed the salad and humus in the spirit of "service is our passion" and not wanting the FA to have to worry about his meal so they could focus on "safety being their priority". Seems very responsible to me
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:17 pm
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Repooc17

Either the tasteless French Toast, or the disgusting Chicken Polenta (which was the only thing left by the time FA got to me mid cabin) - all from today on separate flights:

​​​​​​
Lol…… in what world is serving a dinner roll with breakfast acceptable? This has got to be a new low for United.
goodeats21 and Repooc17 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17

​​​​​​
So, just to clarify, those were two different flights (one breakfast and one lunch/dinner)?

And it wouldn't have killed UA Catering to at least provided some sausages with the French Toast. That's a heck of a lot of carbs. Wonder what the glycemic index of that meal was.

David
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
I agree on the sausages. Last breakfast flight, the passenger beside me said hold the sausage. I asked the FA if I could have his. She agreed. Made a world of difference.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.