Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DELee
Well, given the density of FT 1Ks and others who are LAX, we should be on this: the LAX Blueberry Catering Caper! Report back!

David
18oz is $3.99 at Ralph’s this week. We should bring our own for the whole cabin!
SS255 and flyingrohit like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
18oz is $3.99 at Ralph’s this week. We should bring our own for the whole cabin!

TBH, I've actually carried small containers of blueberries in the past on trips simply because I got tired of the sheer volume of non-ripe melon fruit chunks/cubes one gets either for flight meals and/or (pre-CV19) lounge/club fruit servings and/or UCs.

And don't get me started on the absolute pre-ponderance of green unripe bananas in UCs and lounges/clubs in past years. Further, one can only eat so many apples and/or oranges.

David
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PACLipper
Breakfast aboard UA 344 from HNL-IAD on 01/08/2022. Thanks to UA for providing breakfast on this flight. I did not care for the Hawaiian breakfast faves, Portuguese sausage and rice, but I am sure they were welcomed by others. I should have opted for the fruit plate. This is where a menu would have been helpful. TO the F/A's credit, the croissant was served warm.
This is exactly what they should be serving from/to Hawaii - I applaud the choice of local style cuisine, and thankful to finally see an egg dish that wasn't comprised of those disgusting egg whites.
SPN Lifer, zeer0 and airkapper like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
EWR-IAH 30 Jan 736 am 738 Max seat 1E

Was able to preorder but choices were just the regular egg white bites or waffle (ie unlike my sister’s recent lunch flight, there were not additional repackaged BOB options).

Full PDB offered as well as full beverage service pre-meal. Refills also proactively offered. Best of all we had the new Polaris-esque IFE. Very impressive (and came in handy with no wifi, which was the only blip on the flight).

I come to praise UA when they deserve it.

Carfield and flyingrohit like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Breakfast as in post above IAH-LAX yesterday morning, and more amazingly, not a single grape!
MatthewLAX and st530 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Breakfast as in post above IAH-LAX yesterday morning, and more amazingly, not a single grape!
Any blueberries?

David
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

Yup!
MatthewLAX and DELee like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Any blueberries?

David
​​​​​​​
Yup!

elitefreak likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver

Yup!
Lies! Ex-IAH? Impossible!
MatthewLAX and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Lies! Ex-IAH? Impossible!
It's true!! Preordered & all!
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
I am not sure if this is a new addition across the board or just an MIA thing as it was the first time I saw it, but the wared chocolate chip cookie muffin thing was absolutely an excellent dessert.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adambadam
I am not sure if this is a new addition across the board or just an MIA thing as it was the first time I saw it, but the wared chocolate chip cookie muffin thing was absolutely an excellent dessert.
If the "chocolate chip cookie muffin thing" was similar/identical to what's on the small plate in the upper left below, then that's the Pie in the Sky dessert:

Originally Posted by hirohito888
And a big favorite for many.

David
kirkwoodj and airkapper like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
It's true!! Preordered & all!
Better question is who are you and what have you done with IAH? Looks like the Houston vineyards are finally withering out. Glad to see more things back in the rotation
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
If the "chocolate chip cookie muffin thing" was similar/identical to what's on the small plate in the upper left below, then that's the Pie in the Sky dessert:

And a big favorite for many.

David
Yes! That was it.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA, AAdvantage, Chase UR, Global Entry
I have MIA-EWR 10 am departure, I'm guessing tapas box? I don't think Miami is a hot sandwich hub.
I also have an EWR-IAD which I'm guessing will be nothing.

Haven't flown UA in about 10 months so not sure anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.