Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
ORD to SFO this weekend - dinner

I have been critical of UA (deservedly so), but credit is given when credit is due.

I would have liked a burger (pre-order only - CPU'd around T-22); instead, I was able to pick the (grilled) chicken. The same tray came with a fruit bowl, warmed bread roll + warmed chocolate chip cookie (a la AS style). Service was a bit on the slower side, but FAs were attentive and proactive.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
For those who are unhappy about the hot sandwich in United First, here is what I was served in coach on Hawaiian - basically the same sandwich, only better tasting, with more filling, plus a Honolulu Cookie Company cookie for dessert. Needless to say, this reflects more poorly on United than reflecting well on Hawaiian.

Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DCA writer
Worth noting that despite my cheapo L fare, both CPUs cleared in advance--four days before the short hop, the afternoon before the transcon.
Courtesy of Omicron, flight loads have dropped precipitously.

Have been seeing the usually hard to upgrade “p.s.” wide body routes going out with empty Polaris seats meaning everyone on the upgrade list cleared.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by UAFAM
SFO-EWR 10:30 AM 773
Pre-departure Champagne or water was offered in plastic cups (Dasani water bottle was placed at every seat prior to boarding).
Lunch options: Thai chicken or Ravioli
Pre-arrival snack: cheese plate with meat or Humus with something

The premium transcon snack plate with hummus & tabbouli is actually really tasty!
seanp7 and UAFAM like this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR

1/7/2022, UA407, ORD-DEN, Vegetarian Italian Ragu/Polenta, this looked terrible but it was actually delicious. Service was kinda crappy on this leg though except for the lead FA. Service was very slow (was in 5L, my friend in 7L got his meal 28 minutes before I did, friend in 3L waited even longer), the crew was rather disorganized, and the FAs were all doing their own thing, nothing in sync.

1/7/2022, UA2240, DEN-SAN, tomato and mozzarella heart attack sandwich. Unhealthy, greasy, but very tasty!! Service was much better on this leg too.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
ORD to SFO this weekend - dinner

I have been critical of UA (deservedly so), but credit is given when credit is due.

I would have liked a burger (pre-order only - CPU'd around T-22); instead, I was able to pick the (grilled) chicken. The same tray came with a fruit bowl, warmed bread roll + warmed chocolate chip cookie (a la AS style). Service was a bit on the slower side, but FAs were attentive and proactive.
My sister got confirmed with my PPs on ORD-LAS Jan 15 and got the pre-order burger option. Is this a replacement for either the chicken or polenta, or an additional option that can only be pre-ordered (and is it just the BOB burger)? Pre-order screen shots above only show the chicken and polenta options. Maybe I missed something.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by st530
My sister got confirmed with my PPs on ORD-LAS Jan 15 and got the pre-order burger option. Is this a replacement for either the chicken or polenta, or an additional option that can only be pre-ordered (and is it just the BOB burger)? Pre-order screen shots above only show the chicken and polenta options. Maybe I missed something.
Burger is in addition but for pre-order only. I was only given the choice of the chicken or the polenta on board - my CPU came in after check-in.

I have never had any UA burger yet, so I am not sure if it is the same as the BOB burger. I have, however, brought many other tasty burgers on board from airport establishments
st530 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets

1/7/2022, UA2240, DEN-SAN, tomato and mozzarella heart attack sandwich…
Glad to see heart attack sandwiches made it into 2022 with us
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Burger is in addition but for pre-order only. I was only given the choice of the chicken or the polenta on board - my CPU came in after check-in.

I have never had any UA burger yet, so I am not sure if it is the same as the BOB burger. I have, however, brought many other tasty burgers on board from airport establishments

This is from 4 years ago now on a IAH-LAX flight but maybe it’s something like the domestic first burger they used to offer?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by flyingrohit

This is from 4 years ago now on a IAH-LAX flight but maybe it’s something like the domestic first burger they used to offer?
Wait, IAH Catering hasn't always only served grapes?

David
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Wait, IAH Catering hasn't always only served grapes?

David
From what I've seen IAH has only become a mass vineyard post-pandemic. I don't recall their being perpetually only grapes pre-covid. But Im not IAH based, maybe some of the other 1k/GS IAH regulars on here can provide more accurate input
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by flyingrohit

There’s a small photo on the selection page for my sister’s flight:

flyingrohit likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by st530
Woah! 3 new (well really 2 new) options! I'd be very intrigued to give the Mediterranean bowl a shot on a future meal flight. What set of routes are they rolling this expanded menu onto? Or is it random?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
What is a "butter burger"???
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Burger with butter on the bun and/or fried in butter. Popularized here: https://www.culvers.com/menu-and-nut.../butterburgers
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
All they are doing is serving Economy BOB in domestic First - so premium! The additional pre-order options are almost exactly the same as the Bistro on Board offerings:

Beatrix Market Mediterranean Grain Bowl
Beatrix Market’s protein-packed grain bowl features bulgur, a black lentil and carrot salad, roasted zucchini and bell peppers and is served with a bright lemon vinaigrette

Classic Beef Butter Burger with Cheddar
Old fashioned cheeseburger with cheddar and pickles on a buttered brioche bun

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ng/bistro.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.