Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by elitefreak
My UA2020 EWR-ANU P fare (Business) says Breakfast and return on UA443 says Lunch. I assume this is more than a snack-like offering for a flight of over 4 hours? Anyone know what is being offered?
You will receive a more substantial meal than a sandwich. On the way out, it will be a choice of waffle or egg scramble.

I asked my contact for the menu on the return from ANU and was told it will be:
  • Grilled chicken breast with sundried tomato cream sauce, mustard mashed potatoes, green beans and carrot mix
    • or
  • Vegetable lasagna with chunky tomato sauce (served with shredded parmesan cheese)
Both will be served with a salad and packaged cookie.

Enjoy your flight!
elitefreak and tstauck like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seat38a
That same chicken piece has been used for years with just a different side. We've done orzo, Latin, Indian tandoori, maybe some sort of Asian fried rice with the same chicken piece next.
That chicken is one of the most consistent meals. Consistently mediocre, but edible. I will take it.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by freeagent
New Years red eye SFO-EWR Choose the ravioli, other choice was chicken.

That looks like a bigger fill on the nut cup than I have been experiencing generally on the premium transcons lately, which mostly have been barely a single layer of nuts on the bottom.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1k
EWR to HNL Breakfast

Anyone know what the meal options in United First are on EWR to HNL for breakfast? Looking to see if there are non-dairy options since Vegan special meals are not back yet.

Does anyone have access to an allergy list for current breakfast options out of EWR?

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TrstDaProcessPHL
Anyone know what the meal options in United First are on EWR to HNL for breakfast? Looking to see if there are non-dairy options since Vegan special meals are not back yet.

Does anyone have access to an allergy list for current breakfast options out of EWR?

Thanks!
Egg whites or French Toast. Pre-arrival meal of teriyaki burger or soba noodles.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:49 pm

SFO-EWR 10:30 AM 773
Pre-departure Champagne or water was offered in plastic cups (Dasani water bottle was placed at every seat prior to boarding).
Lunch options: Thai chicken or Ravioli
Pre-arrival snack: cheese plate with meat or Humus with something

dilanesp and airkapper like this.

Last edited by UAFAM; Jan 7, 2022 at 2:46 pm
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Man, the food presentation looks just as sad as the food itself. It would be so much easier to have some fresh fruit on the side, to add some vibrant colors (also healthy). It certainly doesn't help UA likes to leave its cabin dark even for day flights.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
1/6 DEN-ORD 777-200
Bought first, drinks served in plastic cups, no meal choice, only pre packaged cheese plate offered. Would this be grounds to write into 1K for compensation? I thought on a hub to hub flight a full meal was served?

Either way, not sure what went on but Denver was a mess yesterday, only two fuel trucks working, we were delayed an hour because of that, my SO was more unlucky and sat on her plane for 3 hours to get fuel…
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by BDFlyer15
1/6 DEN-ORD 777-200
Bought first, drinks served in plastic cups, no meal choice, only pre packaged cheese plate offered. Would this be grounds to write into 1K for compensation? I thought on a hub to hub flight a full meal was served?

Either way, not sure what went on but Denver was a mess yesterday, only two fuel trucks working, we were delayed an hour because of that, my SO was more unlucky and sat on her plane for 3 hours to get fuel…
DEN-ORD should have had a full/hot meal. Whether you ask for comp is up to you.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
IAD-SFO 1/7 Breakfeast

Choice between egg white bites with chicken sausage (had this about a million times already) and the waffle with banana fosters sauce. Actually ended up being pretty delicious for
UA standards. Nice crispy caramel bits. A bit on the sweet side but I would definitely get this again if only to avoid the same egg white bites from the last 3 months.
dilanesp likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Jan 1 1:00 PM LAX-MCO. Cabin was half full and FA’s were coming the through the aisle every 20 mins offering proactive refills. I hit up the TBIT lounge late morning which had ok breakfast offerings (bacon & eggs etc.) and better lunch offerings (chicken, rice, salads etc.)
PDB was Champagne or water but the couple in front of me appeared to be having mimosas (they even wanted more once we were in the air!). They were in plastic cups but it was glassware inflight.
Lunch options were Grilled Chicken or Italian Ragu. I pre-ordered the chicken about a week before the flight.
The chicken was good and the fruit bowl tasted fresh. The bread roll wasn’t rock hard and the pie in the sky was unwrapped for some reason. Biscoffs were offered an hour before landing. Overall I was a happy camper!
dilanesp and tstauck like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
LAX-IAD
UA499 1/7
Boeing 757-300
Dinner

heres my copy paste of the chicken dish, on this flight chicken was decently tender.

Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: National EE, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold
In first class IAD-MCO in a few weeks blocked at 2 hours 28 minutes 5:25PM departure, any food being served?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
HNL-SFO this morning. Kale and Egg Bites, French Toast, or Continental
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 1863 LAS-LAX, 1/7/2022
737 MAX 9

No PDB on this short flight, but the beverage service came with an unexpected treat--Hawaiian shortbread coookies. I highly recommend the Kona coffee flavor.

UA 1284 LAX-IAD, 1/7/2022
737-900

PDB choice of water or sparkling wine (described as "champagne") and then a choice of chicken with rice or ragu with polenta. The roll and the "pie in the sky" cookie arrived warm; not sure why one was still wrapped and the other not. That's chimichurri sauce on top of the chicken, which brightened the whole plate for me. Drink service was friendly but intermittent. No snack or cookie towards the end of the flight; is that service restoration not going to happen until warm nuts reappear?

Worth noting that despite my cheapo L fare, both CPUs cleared in advance--four days before the short hop, the afternoon before the transcon.
MatthewLAX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.