Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Apr 2, 22, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
LAX-IAH meal today was basically back to pre-Covid times and better than some recent Polaris flights.

Pre-departure beverage.

Was given three choices (short rib, Thai chicken and vegetarian), up from the usual two options.

Meals were served in the larger dishes. Came with an unwrapped roll, slaw salad, wine glass on the tray and plated cheesecake.
Old Apr 2, 22, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Originally Posted by hotelboy View Post
Flying DFW-ORD on an ERJ-175 in first. Listed as snack. What does that consist of?
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B View Post
A snack box like the ones theyre selling in the back.

Old Apr 2, 22, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by cmhua777 View Post
LAX-IAH meal today was basically back to pre-Covid times and better than some recent Polaris flights.

Pre-departure beverage.

Was given three choices (short rib, Thai chicken and vegetarian), up from the usual two options.

Meals were served in the larger dishes. Came with an unwrapped roll, slaw salad, wine glass on the tray and plated cheesecake.
Wow, thats big news! Was this a 4/1 change? Hoping this is systemwide for non-PS meal flights. Will not miss the chicken/orzo and ragu choices.

Now need to get rid of the sandwich/snack box flights for former exception routes and routes over a certain distance (800 mi? 1000?)
Old Apr 2, 22, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold

Pre-departure beverage.

my choices for LAX-IAH on Wednesday are still showing as chicken or ragu
Old Apr 2, 22, 7:56 pm

Im excited for the reported catering changes! 😃

It seems UA played an April Fools joke on me yesterday on ORD-IAH. The chicken had the consistency of cartilage with some congealed fat. Photo is after it was reheated after it was a tad too pink. 🤮 My neighbor also ended up passing on the chicken.

Heres to looking forward to a better catering experience. 🤞🏻

Oh and the FA serving (not prepping) the meals was great. She tried to make the best of a bad dining experience. Things worked out in the end. Ha

Last edited by Starbase 1K; Apr 2, 22 at 8:05 pm
Old Apr 2, 22, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton diamond, Hyatt Diamond
TPA-IAD 1625 4/2 Snack

Choice of "croissant" or "everything baguette".

I originally selected the croissant but was given the later due to a miscount. Baguette consisted of cream cheese, cheese, scallions and red peppers. FAs proactive in providing refills throughout flight.
Old Apr 2, 22, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy gold

Pre-departure beverage.

Miscater?

That has been the premium transcon / Hawaii menu
dw likes this.
Old Apr 2, 22, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer View Post
Miscater?

That has been the premium transcon / Hawaii menu
Ugh, yeah, thats what I was just thinking.👎
Normally, miscater goes the other way - NOT to the benefit of the passengers.🙄
Old Apr 2, 22, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Could be a mis-cater but it was a 737 and there was no aircraft swap. So either the kitchen ran out of the normal stuff or the guys loaded the wrong plane.

I should note that the dessert was not the packaged cheesecake put on a plate. It was square with a fruit topping. Have never seen it before. So if it was the wrong meal. At least the HI/PS flights are getting a new dessert
Old Apr 3, 22, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by NHarmonia View Post
Yep definitely, looking forward to that. Would just prefer having a small "snack" as I'd probably be up for 7-8ish hours before getting to IAH
I purposefully chose the 0610 out of Washington so that I could have breakfast and lunch in the IAH Polaris lounge (I'll get some work accomplished also.)

I've been looking for current reports of Polaris food ex-USA to South America - have not seen any recent reports.
Old Apr 3, 22, 1:29 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by zoechow View Post
Premium transcon lax to ewr, 787. 12:45pm scheduled depart. No pdb offered. Only two choices; ricotta pasta and chicken with polenta. !nothing offered after lunch at all, no snack, no nothing! I was surprised. I thought theres small thing later. Should I not have been?
Yes, there should have been a second small pre-arrival meal of (at least recently) charcuterie plate or hummus/tabouli plate.
Old Apr 3, 22, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist

Pre-departure beverage.

Would be great news, but I've seen no news this is a real change versus a one-off.
Old Apr 4, 22, 2:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
DEN - LAX

My first CPU flight. Got my first choice cause my neighbor who ordered ahead did not want to eat. Options were waffles or Denver scramble.

Old Apr 4, 22, 2:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
LAX - HNL

Dinner. Short ribs, Thai chicken or cauliflower croquettes. Chocolate cookie pies before landing. Sriracha and Tabasco provided by myself.

DELee likes this.
Old Apr 5, 22, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
SFO-HNL 3/30

Due to the negativity in this thread, I expected the worst, but this was pretty good. Maybe I'm easy to please.

Pie in the sky was served later

Search this Thread