Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
DEN-OGG, First Class
February 2022

Meal 1: Lunch:
Chicken Stir Fry & Rice, Salad, and Cheesecake
I actually ordered the beef. But the FA brought this. I said I ordered the beef which she realized she gave to the passenger in front of me who didn’t say anything. And they had no beef entrees left. Thankfully this option was pretty good so I wasn’t upset.

Meal 2: Pre-arrival snack.
Burger, Sweet Potato Fries, Fruit Salad, & Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Both meals were very good.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Mar 3, 2022 at 12:57 pm
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
LIH-DEN, First Class
February 2022

Dinner: Chicken Katsu over Rice (don’t recall what the vegetable was or the exact name of the side dish but the side dish had shrimp and crab and rice and was actually decent) and a cake for dessert.
**(the other option was some cauliflower-based vegetarian option that sounded horrible - thankfully they still had the chicken option when they got to Row 3).

Overall meal was fair. Edible but not amazing.

No breakfast or snack before arrival in DEN (which didn’t upset me - I wasn’t that hungry anyway). Just somewhat continuous drink service until descent.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
That chicken stir fry with rice seems to be a new choice for the Long Haul HI flights based upon the above photos.

Wonder if that gets rotated into the Polaris flights as well since the options have tended to be the same (the chicken, short rib, etc)
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Mercifully, the egg white hockey puck breakfast appears to be gone and replaced with an egg scramble, at least on my DEN-LGA this week. Waffle is still the other option.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Originally Posted by SFO777
Mercifully, the egg white hockey puck breakfast appears to be gone and replaced with an egg scramble, at least on my DEN-LGA this week. Waffle is still the other option.
Had the egg scramble yesterday on LAX-IAD and it was one of the better breakfasts I’ve had on United. Really flavorful and delicious.
SFO777 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fumje
No meat in the ragu; it is the vege option. There is some feta dust sprinkled around, but no real protein component.
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
i believe it’s intentionally vegetarian.
when they eliminated special meals they specifically stated one of the standard offerings would be vegetarian
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist

3/5 SFO-EWR UA 1666 11:35pm departure. Choice between chicken or ravioli. Chose chicken which included polenta and the breast wasn't very large but surprisingly juicy. Overall taste is meh but fine. Sat in the last row of a 77W and it took 1:40 minutes after takeoff to be served.

3/6 EWR-SFO UA1209 6:20pm departure. Don't remember the choices but I choose the classic Thai chicken noodle stir fry which is one of my favorite choices on United. Nothing like a real Pad Thai but decently flavorful with a little spicy kick. Sesame ginger dressing for the salad also fits my palette's flavor profile.
kirkwoodj and airkapper like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Butternut squash ravioli. Premium Plus EWR-SFO 777-300ER. Pretty solid meal. The other choice was chicken, not sure what kind of chicken, wish there could have been more description. The edamame salad with ginger dressing was fresh and nice.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Feb. 25, 2022
UA403 DEN-LAX
1:35 p.m.
777-200

Nice to be on a real Polaris aircraft; service was pretty good. PDB of water or sparkling wine was a nice touch.

Chose the ragu, which wasn't pretty but tasted good. Forgive the trashy White Claw; it was a Friday afternoon

Pie in the Sky (warmed) was delicious.

Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAD-IAH 8 March 545 pm (delayed to 613 pm) 763 (High J) seat 1A

Delay was due to late-arriving aircraft from ZRH (coincidentally, was on that flight too but in a different seat).

No PDB offered. The usual choice of chicken or polenta. Chicken is tired but tasty. Pie-in-the-sky was warmed. Two refills of bubbly without asking (including one while I was napping). No complaints except Wifi didn't work.

Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
DEN-LGA
UA442

Airbus A319
Meal: dinner

Choice of ragu or chicken (below)

Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I think I'll stop taking pics & just copy the one above
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:23 pm
formerly willbbiddy

Late change, trying to get through the thread but couldn't find one browsing. Atl-Ord. Hot meal or box? Flying today
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:56 pm

Atl ord

Sorry to tell you there have not been meals on this route in 20 years
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Box at best. Maybe the baggie of water/pretzels/stroop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.