Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassadorless / UA 1K / National Executive Elite
Nice "Olive Garden" pour on that sparkling though...
MatthewLAX, char777, wpcoe and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by st530
Choice of ragu or chicken. You’ve seen it all before. Pie-in-the-sky was warmed. No bread.
I definitely haven’t seen a pour like that
MatthewLAX and BlooJoo like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
I fly frequently between Chicago and Phoenix. Sometimes I take a non-stop, and sometimes I go via Denver - either way, almost always morning flights. In recent experiences, the ORD-DEN or DEN-ORD flights have "breakfast" service with a choice of egg dish or waffles (or similar). The ORD-PHX and reverse flights (similar departure times), which are an hour-plus longer, have "snack" service, with a heated sandwich in a sealed bag - and I've determined I'm really not a fan of the "everything bagel baguette." I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere in this thread....but it seems like a weird disparity in service.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ms_go
I fly frequently between Chicago and Phoenix. Sometimes I take a non-stop, and sometimes I go via Denver - either way, almost always morning flights. In recent experiences, the ORD-DEN or DEN-ORD flights have "breakfast" service with a choice of egg dish or waffles (or similar). The ORD-PHX and reverse flights (similar departure times), which are an hour-plus longer, have "snack" service, with a heated sandwich in a sealed bag - and I've determined I'm really not a fan of the "everything bagel baguette." I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere in this thread....but it seems like a weird disparity in service.
Hub to hub routes are an exception to the 1,500 mile meal rule.
tstauck likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by ms_go
ORD-PHX is 60 miles short of hot meal dinner/breakfast service, with PHX as a non-hub. I’m sure this was one of several routes they used to set the arbitrary 1500 mile limit to exclude real meals. I’m sure there are others.

Hopefully this changes soon. Snack boxes and tired unchanged sandwiches are beyond their expiration date!
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 2mm 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Someone in Chicago should be fired for these meal choices. The Ragu is the worst. I would rather have a Dollar Tree Meal like Salisbury Steak and Mash Potatoes or Lasagna. I'm sorry but the same meals for the last four months. I have been bring Sour Cream from Airport Wendy's for the enchiladas. Something needs to change and the sad point is that they paid someone to think these up!.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cbchicago
Someone in Chicago should be fired for these meal choices. The Ragu is the worst. I would rather have a Dollar Tree Meal like Salisbury Steak and Mash Potatoes or Lasagna. I'm sorry but the same meals for the last four months. I have been bring Sour Cream from Airport Wendy's for the enchiladas. Something needs to change and the sad point is that they paid someone to think these up!.
Unfortunately, someone in Chicago was probably promoted for these meal choices.
jasonp622, seat38a and Repooc17 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by moyang_mm
Choice of chicken with rice and Italian ragu. Pie-in-the-sky and bread were warmed.

That looks like my bed-side pail after a bout of stomach flu ...
dw, rch4u, tcdtcd and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
LAX-EWR "Premium Svs"

I am incredibly tired of the same French Toast or Egg in Pastry option on the PS transcons, it's really dreadful. When is United going to get with the times and adapt to the market? These routes are flying LA-NYC, people generally want lighter fare, modern presentation. It's quite dreadful I must say.

On the bright side, they boarded Nicolas Feuilatte Champagne one one of my recent LAX-EWR legs, must have been a mis-cater or left on from the previous international segment!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by globetraveler
I am incredibly tired of the same French Toast or Egg in Pastry option on the PS transcons, it's really dreadful. When is United going to get with the times and adapt to the market? These routes are flying LA-NYC, people generally want lighter fare, modern presentation. It's quite dreadful I must say.

On the bright side, they boarded Nicolas Feuilatte Champagne one one of my recent LAX-EWR legs, must have been a mis-cater or left on from the previous international segment!
Someone else reported that — I thought must have been a mistake, but evidently not a one-off if so!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
SFO-ORD 2/16 // ORD-SFO 2/17
(but honestly could be Any non-PS Domestic Segment / Any Day for the last seven months)

Same old Chicken Latin Rice / Vegetarian Ragu on this round trip.

It’s impossible to describe how absolutely tired of this entire service I am. It’s simply awful. Some days the chicken is a bit spicier based on the day / station / shift at the flight kitchens - but that’s it.

I looked back, and this is month seven of this offering. They could at least have an Eastbound / Westbound variation like they used to in the pre-Covid days.

What’s even more confusing is how the FAs are instructed to take the packaging off the warmed pie in the sky, but leave it on the bread. I guess it’s the same bewilderment as to how they can’t seem to present the menu in the app, even though it’s been the same for months and months, but do it on a “trial basis” on six international routes to/from FRA.

It’s time to also bring back a pack of pretzels with a pre-dinner drink, even if we can’t have warmed nuts back.

UA’s onboard catering and United Club offering has slid to dead last now that other US carriers have fully restored service - with domestic
fares currently at or above pre-Covid due to capacity trims.

Meal picture as plonked down - no wiping of the casserole dish edges or straightening out of the tray setup on this flight!

Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:26 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
UA218 HNL-ORD on 2/23

Trying to plan my optimal meal and sleep pattern for this flight. Is it still the Chicken Katsu and pasta choices? Normally I eat before the flight and try to get right to sleep. If there is something more appetizing to eat on the plane than the fast food in the concourse, I’ll go that route. Any ideas on the menu for this flight? TYIA
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EP
Just did OGG-ORD and it was Katsu or a cauliflower croquette. We all had the katsu and found it really unsatisfying. And it was served with an odd white rice rice dish as the side despite the chicken being on a bed of white rice. Really poor, highly rec you eat before the flight. I actually took the time to leave feedback on the survey over how bad the offering was (paired with a surly crew - fun way to end vacation!).
bluedemon211 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Trying to plan my optimal meal and sleep pattern for this flight. Is it still the Chicken Katsu and pasta choices? Normally I eat before the flight and try to get right to sleep. If there is something more appetizing to eat on the plane than the fast food in the concourse, I’ll go that route. Any ideas on the menu for this flight? TYIA
You should eat before the flight if you want something decent - or bring a sandwich/or something else on the plane.
bluedemon211 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Thank you both. I've had the Katsu and when prepared properly it is very good. On a plane...... not so much. I'll eat before boarding, grab a cocktail (double if allowed) and get maximum sleep. Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.