Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Update 2017: United p.s. is now called Transcontinental Service. This service is available on flights between EWR<>LAX, EWR<>SFO, and BOS<>SFO.
Cross Country Comfort: Introducing United Airlines’ New Transcontinental Service

Originally Posted by United POLARIS FAQ
How does the switch to United Polaris affect United p.s.® Premium Service transcontinental flights?
On December 1, 2016, BusinessFirst service on p.s. transcontinental routes became United Business®, and now features our custom Saks Fifth Avenue pillow and duvet. Previous p.s. features did not change other than the new bedding.
The first PS flights to/from EWR started 25 Oct 2015
United offers transcontinental travelers the features and comfort of long-haul international flights. Customers enjoy modern aircraft interiors with all-new seats, inflight Wi-Fi, free personal on-demand entertainment at every seat, in-seat power and USB ports.

United also provides:
* Premier Access check-in, security screening, boarding and baggage handling;
* United Club access;
* up to 6 feet, 4 inches of sleeping space in a 180-degree flat-bed seat; and
* pre-departure beverages, hot towel service, multi-course meals and a pre-arrival snack.
E+ passengers -- hot meals and drinks included
Travelers in Economy Plus on our premium transcontinental flights now enjoy more than just extra legroom — they’ll also receive a complimentary hot entrée, fruit and dessert, as well as their choice of free alcoholic beverages, including our featured cocktail and more.
Aircraft 757-200
Original config 28 lieflat BF / 42 E+ / 72 E-
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (pmUA Domestic and p.s.)

Re-purposed TATL config 16 lieflat BF / 45 E+ / 108 E-
Consolidated "Seats on International 757"

other lie-flat aircraft will be used on the route, such as
Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28BF,102E+,234E-)
Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

FAQs
Are all flights on these routes lie-flat, etc?
Yes -- all non-stop flights from SFO/LAX to/from EWR and SFO<>BOS are configured as such regardless of aircraft used. All scheduled aircraft have a lie-flat premium cabin.

Are these CPU-eligible flights?
No -- no CPU on these flights. It will take RPU/GPU/mileage+copays to upgrade. Generally, these are "hard" upgrades.

Are TODs / Cash upgrades offered?
Yes, $298 cash OW upgrades are regularly offered.

Archive: Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by findark
I would guess they are temporarily blocking inventory while they sort out the schedule. The other 772 is the 2-class sCO 772. I would expect it to sort itself out in the next couple days.
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Anybody know what's going on with the 772 scheduled on EWR-LAX? Looks like F is being zero'd out.
For example

UA 1817 on 8 June shows a 772, but J is zero'd out.

UA 751 on 8 June also shows a 772 and shows F fare class, but zero'd out. Seat map shows the typical 772 map.
Anyone know if this got sorted out yet? UA 751 still shows the 772 with F seats on the seating chart, but no F fares can be booked it seems.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UWrenter15
Anyone know if this got sorted out yet? UA 751 still shows the 772 with F seats on the seating chart, but no F fares can be booked it seems.
UA Insider clarified that the 3-class on the ps routes will only be sold as 2-class, with F seats doled out based on an unspecified basis.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Kacee
UA Insider clarified that the 3-class on the ps routes will only be sold as 2-class, with F seats doled out based on an unspecified basis.
Thanks, Kacee. ^ I must have missed that post
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by DFWFairy

Amenity: complete with pillow, headphones, duvet and the new Cowshed amenity kit. It looks classy but yet not bulky. Very functional.
I thought from the photo on united.com, the new amenity kit for ps flights are actually the same items from the originally amenity basket, just added a bag and hand sanitizing wipes that's all. No Cowshed products and certainly no socks.

Unless they gave you the int'l C kit instead ?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Unless they gave you the int'l C kit instead ?
Happened to me on a flight a couple of months ago. Aircraft was a sCO 757 with 16BF seats, coming in from a TATL flight.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Happened to me on a flight a couple of months ago. Aircraft was a sCO 757 with 16BF seats, coming in from a TATL flight.
Gotta love that PS consistency...NOT!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Welp, although I laughed at UNITED about moving ps to EWR (and still will all day every day), it worked out for me in this case.

Had to change to TXL-EWR-LAX due to getting caught up in the BRU situation. Glad to have a nice flat bed to get home.

Agent was kind enough to book me in ZN as there was no I/IN.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:19 pm
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by UWrenter15
Thanks, Kacee. ^ I must have missed that post
Got a random reissue for a EWR-LAX flight on a 777 in ~30 days that was a free upgrade from C->F (booked into ON)
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
good news for LAX-EWR this summer, from @airlineroute on twitter:

UNITED to operate 787-9 on Newark - Los Angeles route from 09JUN16 to 01AUG16, 6 times a week
this should be the first sUA dreamliner, which will be limited to domestic routes until there are sufficient sUA 787s to fly internationally. jose explained the reasons for this in the 'ask a FA' thread, and the AFA goes into more detail here:

http://unitedafa.org/news/details.aspx?id=16804
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Isn't the 787 more packed in the back than the 777?

Or were they flying 757 for this route?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by riphamilton
good news for LAX-EWR this summer, from @airlineroute on twitter:

this should be the first sUA dreamliner, which will be limited to domestic routes until there are sufficient sUA 787s to fly internationally. jose explained the reasons for this in the 'ask a FA' thread, and the AFA goes into more detail here:

http://unitedafa.org/news/details.aspx?id=16804
Good. I hope that 787 is a part of the regular EWR-LAX/SFO rotation, ultimately having EWR as a regular 787 station. For one thing, EWR can serve more long/thin destinations. And wishfully, this will free up 752/767 for BOS-SFO (or even BOS-LAX) to go up against B6.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by radiowell
Good. I hope that 787 is a part of the regular EWR-LAX/SFO rotation, ultimately having EWR as a regular 787 station. For one thing, EWR can serve more long/thin destinations. And wishfully, this will free up 752/767 for BOS-SFO (or even BOS-LAX) to go up against B6.
Limited time until in August when there are 3 sUA 787s on property and LAX - EWR service on the 787 will discontinue. At that point SFO - TPE flying will transition to sUA and some domestic flying out of SFO on the sUA 787s will continue mainly SFO - IAH and possibly SFO - DEN.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by riphamilton
this should be the first sUA dreamliner, which will be limited to domestic routes until there are sufficient sUA 787s to fly internationally.
It is kind of depressing that after 5 years UA has to operate as two separate subsidiaries because there still isn't a unified flight attendant contract.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Watch for I and R space when they first load the 789s on the schedule!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold
Question about PS Flights - 757 only?

Question about United PS flights between EWR and SFO - are the 777s that fly that route part of the PS service? Looking online I see seats on 757s and 777s, both priced more or less the same, and the seating chart that pops up for both seem to suggest lie-flat seats in business class as well. Is there a difference in quality/experience in business/first between the two planes?

thanks a lot...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.