Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS Qualifying for 2019 Discussion / Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

GS Qualifying for 2019 Discussion

This will be a discussion thread, for discussing the needed qualifications and timing of notification.
For posing formal notifications (but no discussion), use this thread Global Services 2019 Notifications (ONLY)
2019 GS Timeline
First requal notifications came out on 6 Dec 2018
First-time notifications started about 3 Jan 2019
Numerous reports that all regular notifications will be out by 11 Jan 2019
Initial successful reconsideration appeals reported 15 Jan 2019
First reports of challanges15 Jan 2019
For discussion of GS benefits, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions 2018
For 2017 qualifications, see the 2017 thread and for 2018, see the 2018 thread

To find your PQDs if >than $12K
Go to
MileagePlus activity since my last statement and it is in the "Account summary" table at the top of the page.

Note this is not just the UA operated PQDs (which is commonly believed to be what matters for GS) but rather your total PQDs.

Definitions

BIS is actual scheduled flight distance (Great Circle Mileage Distance -- GCM) between airports with 500 mile minimum for elites. This is the standard used for Lifetime miles also. Those flying mostly sub-500 segments sometimes prefer to not use the minimum rule.

The definition for CPM is a bit vaguer, especially since CPM is used in multiple different situations.

Believe for the purpose of this thread, GS qualification, folks are using

PQD CPM = UA PQDs / UA BIS

Note there is no direct evidence UA uses this CPM number for GS Qualification but it is a number FTers like to use.

As for BIS, UA does not report this number your account and it needs to be manually tracked.

One way is to make use that PQMs are based on BIS but there may be a multiplier / bonus for high end fares. If always in 2x PQMs, you could divide by 2 to get BIS.

rwsteelers had a good method for determining UA BIS -- the change in Lifetime Miles from the first of the year.

Originally Posted by sgopal2
Hello:

To help with collection of qualification metrics for global services, I created a Google Doc. This will be useful for future members. For ease of use, I created a form which feeds into a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet and form does not require a google account and is free to use.

Similar spreadsheets were created in years past, so I'm hoping to continue this tradition. Please take the time to enter your stats into the spreadsheet. Many thanks

LINK to entry form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SYm...xRKZ_EUD8/edit

View responses here ( read only ):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Print Wikipost

GS Qualifying for 2019 Discussion / Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by manstein58
Der Tag!
No, YOU'RE THE ONE refreshing the page over and over again all day.
greenpau likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by villox
No, YOU'RE THE ONE refreshing the page over and over again all day.
LOL. I just spoke to the MPSC on another issue, and she told me they have been instructed not to give out any requal information after a barrage of calls today (you know who you are!). Agent said the official line was that requals would be announced this month, and thanks so much for your business.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Arrow Response from GS Team

Response from GS Team:

================================================== ===============================

Thank you for reaching out to Oscar Munoz regarding United Global Services status. On behalf of Oscar and our Premier team, we greatly value your exceptional loyalty and history with us.

We appreciate your dedication over the years and understand your desire to hold Global Services status when you cross over the 2 million Lifetime mile threshold. This is a huge accomplishment and we recognize you would like to commemorate it with this prestigious designation. While we would like to honor your request, we are not reviewing accounts for Global Services invitation at this time. We will be reviewing all accounts from late December through early January, and those meeting the qualifications will be extended invitations in mid-January.

Please keep in mind we consider several factors, primarily how much you’ve spent on United-operated flights over recent consecutive years compared to other top Premier members, before we determine our Global Services invitations. This allows us to deliver exclusive benefits and services to our top members.

We will confirm your 2019 status by email when final invitations are complete, no later than January 11. You can also check your status at that time on mystatus.united.com.

================================================== =============================
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
United should post "The first rule of GS is don't ask about GS" and then disqualify anyone who asks.
iluv2fly, kirkwoodj and wrp96 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM+, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, & Hertz PC
Site is back up for me, but still under review with notification by January 11 - BOS based, 47K PQD, will cross 57K by year end (52K United only) - 265 PQM so far, largely first/biz including APAC trips. Qualified last year, after a few years off, 4 years GS prior

The waiting begins....

EDIT: Sorry, move me back to other thread moderators

Last edited by telemark27; Dec 6, 2018 at 1:33 pm Reason: Wrong thread now...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I started a new thread for confirmed 2019 invitations.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Site refresh looks nice, but alas no GS invite for me yet. Hopefully in one of the next rounds.

2018 totals:
~$63K PQD, ~250K PQM, 175 PQS

United metal totals:
~$57K PQD, 165K BIS, .35 CPM

Based in a non-hub market. Was GS a few years ago, but 1K the last few.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Originally Posted by grizzly
Site refresh looks nice, but alas no GS invite for me yet. Hopefully in one of the next rounds.

2018 totals:
~$63K PQD, ~250K PQM, 175 PQS

United metal totals:
~$57K PQD, 165K BIS, .35 CPM

Based in a non-hub market. Was GS a few years ago, but 1K the last few.
It seems that they're only processing reinvites at this time. I'm interested to learn if anyone receives a confirmation that was not GS last year.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
No love for my wife, she's about 70K PQD but would be her first year. So late December.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:22 pm

How about un-confirmed qualifications?

Mystatus says I'm a 1k-- but I e-mailed 1kvoice about extending some RPU's that will expire and the automated bounce back was "thank you for contacting the dedicated global services team"

I just send another email to 1kvoice to see if it triggers the same thing
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 1M / EK Platinum / Bonvoy Titanium Elite / IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Boghopper
No love for my wife, she's about 70K PQD but would be her first year. So late December.
I thought first time GS invites are in January?

I'm in a similar boat as your wife. I'm fairly positive I'll get GS as a first timer. $87k PQD all my PQD on United Metal minus about $1,500. Will end the year with 370k PQM.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by villox

that message has been up there for quite some time.
got the real invite today re-qual for 2019.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Just checked the site, 14 year GS deferred with $44k ...have dropped Polaris so down 35-45k from years past
Under review until next Wednesday
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA GS & 2MM ; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Nothing yet, dreaded "under review" notification...
PQD 62K
PQM 192k
Nearly 100% on United metal mix of European and US flights.
Have been GS for 8 years, so really surprised given stats posted by others.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott/SPG - Plat Elite
Originally Posted by jp12687
How about un-confirmed qualifications?

Mystatus says I'm a 1k-- but I e-mailed 1kvoice about extending some RPU's that will expire and the automated bounce back was "thank you for contacting the dedicated global services team"

I just send another email to 1kvoice to see if it triggers the same thing
I got the same... sent a test email from another account and got a non-GS response.... hopefully a good sign! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.