FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   GS Qualifying for 2019 Discussion / Questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1936873-gs-qualifying-2019-discussion-questions.html)

AugustusM Jul 19, 2018 5:36 am

GS Qualifying for 2019 Discussion / Questions

Just finished booking my flights out until December, I may have a couple more that month, and will finish around 260PQM/170PQS/$52KPQD which was similar to last year when I didn't make it, hopefully get it for next year as I have some international travel planned for both work and vacay.

LordHamster Jul 19, 2018 8:14 am

Originally Posted by AugustusM (Post 29990406)
Just finished booking my flights out until December, I may have a couple more that month, and will finish around 260PQM/170PQS/$52KPQD which was similar to last year when I didn't make it, hopefully get it for next year as I have some international travel planned for both work and vacay.

So long as all of those $52K are on United Metal you should stand a good chance.

AugustusM Jul 19, 2018 8:33 am

All United, same as last year. It may even go higher than that as I have a few weeks left open and I may do a couple work trips and one vacation.

azepine00 Jul 19, 2018 11:18 am

Smth is odd - according to all reports and spreadsheets 50K clears it. Did you ask for review?

AugustusM Jul 19, 2018 11:23 am

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 29991441)
Smth is odd - according to all reports and spreadsheets 50K clears it. Did you ask for review?

Yup, was told I didn't qualify as my previous years were not high enough. While it was just my one data point the sentiment was that the look back is 2-3 years of spend relative to other fliers.

TexasAggie02 Jul 19, 2018 11:54 am

Originally Posted by AugustusM (Post 29991463)
Yup, was told I didn't qualify as my previous years were not high enough. While it was just my one data point the sentiment was that the look back is 2-3 years of spend relative to other fliers.

Hope you make it this year - should overcome that multi year problem, but who knows! I was surprised in Jan when you didn’t make it nor get a review/challenge.

AugustusM Jul 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by TexasAggie02 (Post 29991566)

Hope you make it this year - should overcome that multi year problem, but who knows! I was surprised in Jan when you didn’t make it nor get a review/challenge.

Thanks.

If I don't make it again and don't receive a challenge again I will most likely shift my travel patterns and spread it around much more. I requaled for 1K back in May so I could easily get equal status on another airline. The main issue is I live 6 miles from EWR and we know who hubbed up that place.

LordHamster Jul 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by AugustusM (Post 29991590)
Thanks.

If I don't make it again and don't receive a challenge again I will most likely shift my travel patterns and spread it around much more. I requaled for 1K back in May so I could easily get equal status on another airline. The main issue is I live 6 miles from EWR and we know who hubbed up that place.

even if you don't get GS again (which is unlikely), you are probably still better off sticking to united to keep racking up the GPUs/RPUs and have a large bucket of miles in one place. IMO.

MostlyUA Jul 19, 2018 2:32 pm

I am 300K away from 4 MM.

physioprof Jul 19, 2018 4:24 pm

How much of that is full-fare Y or premium cabin travel? I ask because of your high PQM/PQS for that spend.

AugustusM Jul 20, 2018 5:13 am

Originally Posted by physioprof (Post 29992503)
How much of that is full-fare Y or premium cabin travel? I ask because of your high PQM/PQS for that spend.

As of today it's almost all A fares with a handful of D, Z and P also 2 economy when there wasn't first due to the type of aircraft. I fly to Reno, PDX and a few other places frequently where I need to connect in ORD or DEN as either the flight times don't work on the direct or there isn't one.

jjmoore Jul 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Looking to end the year at around $42K PQD flying mostly refundable economy E and M, and quite a bit of discount business P and Z. I know CPM likely is not a contributor to GS consideration, but I should end up around $0.38-$0.40 cpm.

LIH Jul 21, 2018 7:54 am

Originally Posted by jjmoore (Post 29996248)
Looking to end the year at around $42K PQD flying mostly refundable economy E and M, and quite a bit of discount business P and Z. I know CPM likely is not a contributor to GS consideration, but I should end up around $0.38-$0.40 cpm.

I will hit similar PQDs but all P,Z,A fares. Probably ~120K BIS equating to double that in PQMs. All domestic. Very similar to previous years and have never made GS so I don't see it happening this year. If I could just tack-on 2-3 $5K international RTs in C I think that would tip me over the line.

ihasund Jul 21, 2018 5:16 pm

I am tracking my spend this year and have hit $54k spend and 187k PQM. Does anyone know if you can get invited to GS mid-year or do I have to wait for the end of the year? I have more travel coming that will add at least $20k spend and 50k PQM.

UAPremExecflyer Jul 21, 2018 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by ihasund (Post 29999163)
I am tracking my spend this year and have hit $54k spend and 187k PQM. Does anyone know if you can get invited to GS mid-year or do I have to wait for the end of the year? I have more travel coming that will add at least $20k spend and 50k PQM.

you have to wait until the end of the year.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ions-only.html