Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Opening18 May 2022?

Print Wikipost

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Smeone shared this copy of a tweet with me today...
Old May 23, 2021, 4:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
wow 75+ mixer truck loads

great to see construction restarted, more club space sorely needed in EWR
narvik and FreqFlyerCLE like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
They really did make this new club above all the existing terminal space; not much headroom up there....but the ceiling looks VERY cool like that! 👍👍👍
I wonder if they're going to leave it exposed like that?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I can't imagine them changing it much. It's nt at all bad the way it is.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 1:19 pm

I cannot wait to use this club! That looks awesome.

Does anyone have any rough idea on the estimated open date?
Old Jul 16, 2021, 9:09 am

Any word on when the construction of the new lounge will be completed? They originally said it should be completed by now.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 16, 2021 at 12:13 pm Reason: Moved to existing discussion
Old Jul 16, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by bcre3306
Any word on when the construction of the new lounge will be completed? They originally said it should be completed by now.
I am sure the pandemic changed the timeline. I would hope sometime next year, assuming that UA has found its financial footing and does not have to go back to borrowing more money to sustain itself.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 1:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I am sure the pandemic changed the timeline. ....
But there is work occurring -- just scroll back a few posts
Old Jul 17, 2021, 5:08 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Is it still possible to operate a pop-up lounge at EWR before the permenant lounge opens? The only United Club at Newark is already extremely busy in the PM peak hours these days.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But there is work occurring -- just scroll back a few posts
I know they are - just saying that I do not think that they have put a new date on the new expected completion date of the UC.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bdw1120
Is it still possible to operate a pop-up lounge at EWR before the permanent lounge opens? The only United Club at Newark is already extremely busy in the PM peak hours these days.
Sure. It is theoretically possible.

But United doesn't seem to care, so I doubt it will happen. If they were going to do it, they would have by now.
All the other large hubs have multiple Clubs open, don't they? (I don't get out West much)
Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
See Wiki - Pop-up by C92 now open for a few hours in mid afternoon.
3:30 to 6:30 I believe.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:26 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
In case anyone is curious about the new club construction, had a good view of the outside from C123 recently:

Old Aug 12, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by autobahnal
In case anyone is curious about the new club construction, had a good view of the outside from C123 recently:

Things are moving along... interior rough-in is underway, meaning utilities, wall framing, insulation, some drywall, etc. It's massive, and is going to be pretty nice. I would guess ~6 months away, though. Still a lot of work to be done. The club entrance will be in the vicinity of the old retail/concession area (near the CBGB, past gate 123) with escalators up along the windows, with views toward Manhattan. All new retail and gate areas below.

Last edited by EWR764; Aug 12, 2021 at 10:55 am
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by EWR764
Things are moving along... interior rough-in is underway, meaning utilities, wall framing, insulation, some drywall, etc. It's massive, and is going to be pretty nice. I would guess ~6 months away, though. Still a lot of work to be done. The club entrance will be in the vicinity of the old retail/concession area (near the CBGB, past gate 123) with escalators up along the windows, with views toward Manhattan. All new retail and gate areas below.
Dare I say, this may very well be worth the wait!

Going to be among -- if not THE -- nicest clubs in the entire system.

Now one can hope they get this open, close the C74 club for some much-needed renovation and bring it back online quickly.

If only we could get something in C2 .... that's the sticky widget. Ever since Polaris went in, flights out of C2 are a grind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.