Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Opening18 May 2022?

Print Wikipost

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
I have not heard of any new clubs in the C2 concourse area. This possibility has been discussed before, but I concluded it was only speculation. Where did you see that this might be happening? The only real room to put one there would be up or down, the concourse level is basically full.
There were President's Clubs there in the past: one by gate 102 (now an office of some sort) and, very briefly, one by gate 110 (which became an Air France lounge for a bit). I don't think these spaces are currently available and they were rather small when they were used as clubs.
Sorry I misspoke. Haven't been there in over a year now so my memory is a little fuzzy, I forgot the middle C concourse has 100s in it. I meant the furthest concourse where C120s and 130s are. Most of the times my ewr-bom commute used to leave from there. There's a pop up there that was to be converted into a 2-story club if I remember correctly.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 3:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
....There's a pop up there that was to be converted into a 2-story club if I remember correctly.
Recent construction pic, a few posts back
flyingrohit likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Hey all, does anyone know if the new UA club in the C100s will be done anytime soon? I'll be swinging through in December and would hope to see another large lounge to relieve some pressure off the overcrowded C74.
Dream on . . .
flyingrohit likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Recent construction pic, a few posts back
ah ok cool, December is highly unlikely based on the looks of it then, thanks!
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Dream on . . .
Let me dream in peace...I'm still dreaming of an open EWR PL too
8MiHi likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Has anyone heard anything about the EWR C3 UC scheduled opening? Per Points Guy it was supposed to open in 2021. Haven't heard anything at all on it recently.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by threecap
Has anyone heard anything about the EWR C3 UC scheduled opening? Per Points Guy it was supposed to open in 2021. Haven't heard anything at all on it recently.
Definitely not a 2021 opening… maybe when construction started pre-pandemic, but best information I have now is April/May 2022.

For shower aficionados, I have it on good authority that they are coming back.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by EWR764
Definitely not a 2021 opening… maybe when construction started pre-pandemic, but best information I have now is April/May 2022.

Hurrah!

Why / When would like like to use a shower at a UA lounge / club?

David "a shower officionado" Lee
EWR764 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764

Showers??!! It would be nice just to have a clean, semi quiet, place to sit and have a drink and a snack in. The current situation is horrendous!
goodeats21 and manstein58 like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by nomad420
Showers??!! It would be nice just to have a clean, semi quiet, place to sit and have a drink and a snack in. The current situation is horrendous!
Just imaging going from what they call a restroom into a PL shower room. Night and day.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
It will change. Doesn't do much for UA travelers at EWR the past few years, now or a few more months from now, but things are going to improve. Though long, long overdue.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:41 pm

I passed through EWR a few days ago and got briefed (by two separate GS agents based at EWR) on the latest info they have received for the two new UCs slated for EWR, as well as an update on the plans for the two existing clubs.

1. The opening for the new-build in C3 has been pushed back to March 2022, but one GS heard it may not be until sometime in Summer 2022. Both GS agents confirmed the new C3 club will have shower suites and will be two stories and will be the largest club in the network and in UA’s history.

2. When the new C3 club opens, the C74 club in C1 will temporarily close for a much needed complete renovation. There is no word on whether the C93 Pop-Up Club will remain open, or offer expanded hours during this renovation.

3. EWR’s New Terminal A (originally dubbed Terminal One) is still under construction but is also currently projected to begin to open in Spring 2022, and to fully open by late 2022. Both GS agents I spoke to confirmed that UA will be getting gates in the New Terminal A and that it will include an open-concept UC similar in size, layout and design to the new LGA UC, which will overlook the concourse below. This will replace UA’s current UC in A2 when the old Terminal A is demolished. It is not yet determined if the current UA Express flights from A2 will move over to the New Terminal A or if they will move over to C and some UA mainline will move over to the New Terminal A. That is a topic for a different thread.

4. Classified, UA’s invite-only restaurant hidden in C3, is still closed “due to COVID” and there is still no word on when (or whether) it will reopen. Although not a club, it was often used as a substitute for those who received the invitation, due to the overcrowding crisis of the EWR UCs and the phase out of conference rooms.

I hope this information was helpful. If anyone has anything to add or any new information, please add to it. Also, please keep in mind that UA is notorious for changing its plans and its projected dates, as most of know all too well. Cross your fingers (and pray!), but don’t hold your breath.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by coelitemm
I passed through EWR a few days ago and got briefed (by two separate GS agents based at EWR) on the latest info they have received for the two new UCs slated for EWR, as well as an update on the plans for the two existing clubs.

1. The opening for the new-build in C3 has been pushed back to March 2022, but one GS heard it may not be until sometime in Summer 2022. Both GS agents confirmed the new C3 club will have shower suites and will be two stories and will be the largest club in the network and in UA’s history.

2. When the new C3 club opens, the C74 club in C1 will temporarily close for a much needed complete renovation. There is no word on whether the C93 Pop-Up Club will remain open, or offer expanded hours during this renovation.

3. EWR’s New Terminal A (originally dubbed Terminal One) is still under construction but is also currently projected to begin to open in Spring 2022, and to fully open by late 2022. Both GS agents I spoke to confirmed that UA will be getting gates in the New Terminal A and that it will include an open-concept UC similar in size, layout and design to the new LGA UC, which will overlook the concourse below. This will replace UA’s current UC in A2 when the old Terminal A is demolished. It is not yet determined if the current UA Express flights from A2 will move over to the New Terminal A or if they will move over to C and some UA mainline will move over to the New Terminal A. That is a topic for a different thread.

4. Classified, UA’s invite-only restaurant hidden in C3, is still closed “due to COVID” and there is still no word on when (or whether) it will reopen. Although not a club, it was often used as a substitute for those who received the invitation, due to the overcrowding crisis of the EWR UCs and the phase out of conference rooms.

I hope this information was helpful. If anyone has anything to add or any new information, please add to it. Also, please keep in mind that UA is notorious for changing its plans and its projected dates, as most of know all too well. Cross your fingers (and pray!), but don’t hold your breath.
That's quite the first post! Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by coelitemm
Thanks for the update, welcome to FT and no kidding! I walked through C-3 twice in the last month for the first time in 2 years and my goodness. The tarp covering the area where the club will be spans from gate C123 to the C130s AND being 2 floors! Quite the club that I can't wait to see the finished product. My only problem is the crowding that will result if you have 2 simultaneous boardings by gate C138 and whatever is next to that towards the corner of C-3.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:43 am

I've heard May 2022 for the new C-3 club so this information above seems to be in sync. Needless to say it is time!

The new Terminal A will be a mix of mainline and UAX, although I was told that, once new A opens, C-2 will be reconfigured a bit to handle more UAX flights. Sort of like how it was in the 2003-2009 timeframe, with the exception that the even gates on the west side of the concourse will remain widebody-capable. Also at Terminal A, the new United Club will be very large with similar amenities to the new C-3 club, and will open later in the year (i.o.w., not when the terminal first opens). I'm sure there will be outrage over the new terminal opening without a United Club, but reportedly this is because UA negotiated with AC to take over the space previously allocated to be a Maple Leaf Lounge, and plans for the new UC were redesigned to incorporate the larger space, contributing to a delay. It seems that this new lounge will be worth the wait, too.

I am going to dig for intel on renovation plans for the C-1 club, which received a fresh coat of paint and some new furniture a couple of years ago, but otherwise remains in pretty much the same state as it has for the last 30-odd years (especially the bathrooms!).
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:26 am

Thanks for this additional info! If you hear anything else from credible sources please continue to keep us updated.

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. I’ve followed the posts for years just never posted anything before.
EWR764, villox, goodeats21 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.