Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Recent changes to United's policy on pajamas and slippers increased the official availability from flights '12+ hours' to flights '14+ hours'.
There are currently (October/November 2023) mixed reports about actual availability, with some shorter than 14-hour flights still being provisioned with pajamas and slippers.

The printed on-board menu reads:

"Sleep soundly in the sky
Slippers are available by request on all international flights, along with pajamas for flights scheduled 14+ hours.
Ask your flight attendant if you'd like them."

Previous Wiki updated February 22, 2023, left here until final eligible routes can be established:

"On flights longer than 12 hours, we also offer 100% cotton pajamas upon request." (https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...laris-FAQ.aspx )
Pajamas are provisioned for about half of the eligible seats.
Flights with pajama service (for both directions)
SFO - ICN, PEK, PVG, TPE , AKL , HKG , CTU, SYD, TLV, SIN
EWR - TLV, NRT, PEK , DEL, BOM, HKG, PVG, CPT, JNB
ORD - NRT, PEK, PVG, HKG
LAX - PVG, SYD, MEL
IAD - NRT, PEK
IAH - NRT, SYD
(from United Twitter feed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyjFHZLWEAAQV7X
New flights have been added, and some flights ended)

Note: United employee shop sells pajamas for $9.99 a pair as of 12/10/20

Print Wikipost

Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Just to add some lighter fluid to the fire.... last month on a 787 IAD-ORD, got the battlefield upgrade and made a comment as settling about especially nice on this plane.. F/A agreed... I said "only thing missing is pajamas!" I had some handed to me after take-off found somewhere on the plane.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Sometimes it really is the supply chain.
The more typical problem is the airline not supplying enough cash to the vendor.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
Flew GRU-IAH and IAH-NRT Aug 2 and Aug 3 respectively.
- IAH-NRT at 13.5 hours has no pajamas. Purser says it’s only for 14+ hour flights now. Bring your own pajamas!

- Both flights only had the away pouch amenity kit (the ones for PY) and not the suitcases anymore. Purser says they’re transitioning to a new style that’ll be out later this / next month, so that’s all we have now. My IAH-LIM flight July 5th had the away suitcases.

- I was in 12L and 15L respectively, and when they got to me, there was only one choice of food left. Make sure to order as soon as boarding, or preorder (though I didn’t get an email for IAH-NRT to preorder).
Old Aug 6, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Ouch. I was swinging by to ask if i should pack my own on LAX-SYD and I think I have my answer!
Old Aug 6, 2023, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Ouch. I was swinging by to ask if i should pack my own on LAX-SYD and I think I have my answer!
Sorta the unfortunately current reality with UA: plan for the worst, hope for the best.

David
Old Aug 6, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by thereisnoaddress
Purser says it’s only for 14+ hour flights now. Bring your own pajamas!
Soon, it will be 17+ hours. Just UA1/UA29* gets them. And only during the winter months.

*Pajamas will be unavailable if flight plan indicates favorable winds and forecasted early arrival into SIN.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by angetenar
Do any airlines have such a thing?
CX had them on their 744s for a few years. Few pax used them.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 2:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by thereisnoaddress
- IAH-NRT at 13.5 hours has no pajamas. Purser says it’s only for 14+ hour flights now. Bring your own pajamas!
I just flew UA79 EWR-NRT (13:40 block time). No pajamas loaded. Polaris menu still references 11.5+ hrs flight time for pajamas, but FAs also said it's now limited to just flights over 14hrs. Must be a significant reduction in pajama-eligible flights.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 8, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I just flew UA79 EWR-NRT (13:40 block time). No pajamas loaded. Polaris menu still references 11.5+ hrs flight time for pajamas, but FAs also said it's now limited to just flights over 14hrs. Must be a significant reduction in pajama-eligible flights.

-FlyerBeek
As likely just FA making stuff up.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
Polaris page (United Polaris – Business class reimagined) still says 12+ hours:

Sleep-themed amenities

When curating our United Polaris amenities, we put a strong emphasis on providing comfort and creating the right environment for restful sleep. Cozy slippers are perfect for quick trips out of your seat or for just standing and stretching during a long journey. In your amenity kit, designed exclusively by Away and inspired by their classic suitcase design, you'll find premium skincare items from Sunday Riley to keep you feeling relaxed, refreshed and moisturized, as well as ear plugs and an eye mask to block out any ambient distractions while you sleep. On flights longer than 12 hours, we also offer pajamas upon request.
David
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 8:44 pm

I flew NRT-EWR and asked if they had them loaded and was told it was only being loaded on flights 16+ hours now (which I wonder does United have flights that long).
Old Aug 16, 2023, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by techeng723
I flew NRT-EWR and asked if they had them loaded and was told it was only being loaded on flights 16+ hours now (which I wonder does United have flights that long).
I'd bet the FA just made that up
Old Aug 17, 2023, 12:45 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by techeng723
How recent was your flight?
Old Aug 17, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Just took a TATL flight (USA-LHR) the other day, and this was printed on the menu (that was dated 08/23)...seems to have changed from the 'normal' 12 hours, to now being 11.5.🤷‍♂️

uanj, narvik, Kmxu and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 7:15 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Just took a TATL flight (USA-LHR) the other day, and this was printed on the menu (that was dated 08/23)...seems to have changed from the 'normal' 12 hours, to now being 11.5.🤷‍♂️

Using SMI, J’s words: a change you like (for some TPACers) although it is a small one (from 12.0 h to 11.5 h). But UA still does not have PJs on some TPAC planes.😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.