Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.”

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by garykung
It all depends on TSA.

UA 98 (LAX-MEL) leaves from T7 rather than TBIT. So unless TSA allows you to pass TBIT security, you have no access to the *A lounge. If allowed, it will be a business class lounge only.
Ignoring the point that's already been made that you can walk airside from T7, Your UA boarding pass (physical or mobile) will get you through the TSA at TBIT just fine, I've done it a number of times.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:40 pm

Thank you very much for the helpful comments. Turns out I have 4 hours to connect, so more than enough time to walk between the terminals.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
I've said this several times: sometimes it's worth waiting for the golf cart between T4-T5, and again between T5-T6. It can be very warm in the tunnels. Enjoy the lounge, especially the outdoor patio, which I don't believe the F side has.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
I've said this several times: sometimes it's worth waiting for the golf cart between T4-T5, and again between T5-T6. It can be very warm in the tunnels. Enjoy the lounge, especially the outdoor patio, which I don't believe the F side has.
The F side is physically unimpressive . . . just a room with chairs and tables. J lounge is a much more interesting place to hang out. Looking forward to grabbing a shower on a 5 hr post-red-eye connection there next week.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Shower at J lounge @TBIT is the best benefit.. I used it on a MEL-LAX-ORD. For me the walk is ~25 minutes.. I leave 30 mins before boarding..

I used to prefer SFO connect.. this lounge changes that
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
walk to T6 and use the AA shuttle to get you to four then walk to TBIT. (much faster)
Do they let you on without an AA boarding pass? I've done the walk a zillion times but never knew this was an option.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
They do not check BP for taking the shuttle.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu
They do not check BP for taking the shuttle.
Interesting. I actually did have them check my bp, but I've only done it once (bc UA had to rebook my on AA and I had to get from T8->T4).
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by aacharya
No issues at all with lounge access. Getting there....well..
Absolutely. It is a long trek to the TBIT lounge. Did it but it took me half an hour to walk (no buses immediately available). Ultimately it wasn't worth the effort to get some better food and drink.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by euslaner
Absolutely. It is a long trek to the TBIT lounge. Did it but it took me half an hour to walk (no buses immediately available). Ultimately it wasn't worth the effort to get some better food and drink.
The first trip to TBIT lounge would take a little longer (you might miss a sign or two; link to another thread given below). I would guess that it is about 30 min at average speed. If you really need a shower there, it is well worth running to the lounge. But make sure that you sign up for the shower upon arrival. The waiting list is longer at some periods of the day.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hanges-26.html
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
I love this lounge - if I had a long layover, I would absolutely do the walk. But some better form of transportation from T7 to TBIT would be welcome.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Taoyuan
I love this lounge - if I had a long layover, I would absolutely do the walk. But some better form of transportation from T7 to TBIT would be welcome.
I'll take the walk vs. having the lounge overrun with UC refugees.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'll take the walk vs. having the lounge overrun with UC refugees.
Indeed. The distance and difficulty of getting there from T7 is a net positive for the lounge.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Not much motivation for UA to do this since UA does not use TBIT.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I love this lounge - if I had a long layover, I would absolutely do the walk....
This.

IMHO, a layover of 1.5 hours or more (deplane to start of boarding) is what I consider to be worthwhile for me to make the journey to the *A lounge. Allows about 45 minutes in lounge and I do like to walk a bit between flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.