Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
well said !

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I think it definitely depends if you are making a connection and it's perhaps longer than 2 1/2 hours. In that case, I'd make the walk for the leg stretch and to check out the new lounge. T6 has also been nicely renovated. Then return to TBIT lounge. Although the TBIT *A lounge is nice, I get antsy sitting in a lounge (any lounge) for hours. If you're originating in L.A. or have a shorter connection, might as well hang out at TBIT.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: United
I'm a united club member, if I am flying domestic from lax via united at t7 can I get into the *A lounge at tbit?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by svirfnebli
I'm a united club member, if I am flying domestic from lax via united at t7 can I get into the *A lounge at tbit?
Yes you can if departing from LAX on a *A flight (domestic or international).

How to get t the *A TBIT LAX lounge is explained in the thread's wiki.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
As mentioned above - UA's terminals are connected airside to TBIT - so if you really want to take the stroll to the *A lounge, you can definitely do it. It depends on how long your layover is in LAX (or is that your point of origination?). I haven't been to the *A lounge, but the new LAX UC would be more than satisfactory for me to hang out in.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
SFO would be my origination but SFO-LAX and LAX-SYD-MEL-LAX would be on separate tickets, only the latter in J.

Last November, I flew AA to SYD from SJC via LAX and it was a long journey from that SJC-LAX flight to the LAX-SYD flight.

On the return, after I rechecked my bags, I was basically outside of security and had to make my way to the other terminal for LAX-SJC. If I wanted to get to the lounges at TBIT, I would have had to go upstairs and then go through security again.

I checked the lines, it wasn't bad but probably would have had 15-30 minutes at the most in the lounge before heading out again.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA: 1k, Marriott / Bonvoy: Platinum
*A Lounge LAX access

I'm flying in first, LAX -> SFO, on United. Will I have access to the First section of the *A lounge at LAX? The *A website is a bit unclear about domestic itineraries...
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Nope; United domestic first tickets do not qualify for either UC or *A lounge access.

SL
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:11 pm

how about MLL in T6?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
how about MLL in T6?
If not Star Alliance Gold, definitely not. But what if *G?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
If not Star Alliance Gold, definitely not. But what if *G?
in theory, if SAG then the *A lounge is fine as well. The MLL is also o.k. for SAG but there are some recent reports of issues.

Last edited by cfischer; Aug 5, 2017 at 6:17 pm
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Hergertarian
I'm flying in first, LAX -> SFO, on United. Will I have access to the First section of the *A lounge at LAX? The *A website is a bit unclear about domestic itineraries...
Flying in United First LAX-SFO, in itself, does not get you into any lounge. Do you have status with a Star Alliance airline or a airline club membership?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National ES, Air Kettle
Originally Posted by Hergertarian
I know they're not supposed to, by they've let me in the *A First lounge twice with a domestic UA First itinerary when I was Premier Gold.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cfischer
in theory, if SAG then the *A lounge is fine as well. The MLL is also o.k. for SAG but there are some recent reports of issues.
Not sure what you mean by "in theory." *G get access to the TBIT *A lounge on a domestic UA ticket. Not subject to debate. They've never even blinked when I've done it and it's consistently confirmed in both this forum and the *A forum.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS G100K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not sure what you mean by "in theory." *G get access to the TBIT *A lounge on a domestic UA ticket. Not subject to debate. They've never even blinked when I've done it and it's consistently confirmed in both this forum and the *A forum.
^ I do get odd questions/looks sometime, but mostly out of concern that I know what I'm doing. There is absolutely zero ambiguity in the access for a domestic UA ticket and a *G
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by OSLexpat
I know they're not supposed to, by they've let me in the *A First lounge twice with a domestic UA First itinerary when I was Premier Gold.
Great lounge, too. Nicer than the OW TBIT lounge, love that outdoor patio!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.