Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
No no no no no no no.

*A lounge is far superior.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
I, too, do the reverse by going to TBIT first and then back to T7. But that's because I've already seen the new UC. If you just want to check it out and have extra 1 hour to spare, I'd do it to get the curiosity out of the way. One way walk is 20-25 minutes because of the convoluted route, and it's actually possible to get lost.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Hah, I clicked this thread thinking the question was the reverse. I might cut against the grain and say the new UC is nice enough it's not worth a round-trip walk to TBIT just to go to the *A lounge.

But the reverse?! The TBIT lounge is the best choice, no question at all.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
I might cut against the grain and say the new UC is nice enough it's not worth a round-trip walk to TBIT just to go to the *A lounge.
The food is so much better at *A, I would make the walk anytime I had a sufficiently long connection. Plus showers.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:03 pm

If you get a boarding pass online you can save time by clearing security in T7, seeing the United Club, then walking from there.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
The food is so much better at *A, I would make the walk anytime I had a sufficiently long connection. Plus showers.
I suppose it also depends on the baggage situation. I'm biased as the last time I did the walk (arrived TBIT and departed T7) it was with a mess of carry-ons resulting from expansion of stuff on vacation
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
It is a long walk - especially if you are pulling luggage or carrying a bag. Much of the walk is in tunnels. It can be hot and dry.

Delta does have a golf cart shuttle if you can get on, and there is a shuttle from the AA terminal - tip requested.

I have done the round trip walk when I have had time, the energy, or a needed to stretch my legs after a long flight. Otherwise...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Wow thanks for all your help. It sounds like an resounding HELL NO to visiting United Club.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
No way. Stay in TBIT; the StarAlliance lounge is beautiful. Go enjoy the chicken, noodles, and the outdoor non-smoking patio!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by seat38a
Wow thanks for all your help. It sounds like an resounding HELL NO to visiting United Club.
I think it definitely depends if you are making a connection and it's perhaps longer than 2 1/2 hours. In that case, I'd make the walk for the leg stretch and to check out the new lounge. T6 has also been nicely renovated. Then return to TBIT lounge. Although the TBIT *A lounge is nice, I get antsy sitting in a lounge (any lounge) for hours. If you're originating in L.A. or have a shorter connection, might as well hang out at TBIT.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Are United Club one-time passess accepted at the *A TBIT lounge?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by brenrox
Don't think so.

AA shuttle is gone.

UC not worth visiting. It looks nice but once you have to eat/drink you'll be readily disappointed.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by brenrox
They are only good at United Clubs and it says so. The *A TBIT lounge is not a United Club.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 14, 2017 at 4:51 pm Reason: removed snarky comment
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Mileageplus, Aadvantage
Originally Posted by seat38a
Next month, I'm heading to Europe on Swiss J class. I'm thinking about using the new connector and the tunnels to walk down to Terminal 7 to checkout the new United Club.

Any of you who have been to the new club think it is worth the walk to visit the new club? How long is the walk using the new connector at TBIT?
Don't think it is worthy of your time. Pretty much you'd expect in another united club.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Thanks of all the info! It is official, I will not attempt the trek to Terminal 7 from TBIT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.