Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:33 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
5k RDM for yet another baggage snafu coupled with UA losing my complaint. I just want them to fix the daggon baggage handling!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by SJOFlyer
Just got off UA51 no entertainment system... Got email and saw offer: 1250 miles or $25 e-cert... Feel very insulted this is the compensation they are willing to offer
WOW! Even as a 1K, you are offered the same as my friend with just SILVER Status! My freind flew on UA200 from GUAM to HNL and was in economy. The ENTIRE plane did not have entertainment.

My friend, who also felt insulted, emailed beck to customer service TWICE, only to fall on deaf ears.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by aoumd
Flew the Island Hopper UA154 leaving HNL 2/13 HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM

Full story of what happened is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...iday-13th.html

My next question is: after leaving MAJ the next day, UA154's pilots went out on hours of service at TKK, forcing a 12 hour 3pm-3am delay with no hotels on island. I wonder if UA will offer anything for that, or identify the compendium of delays for passengers affected by both (pretty much anyone boarding from MAJ onward on that Island Hopper).

Write to United, they increased compensation with an additional $250 and reimbursed Hotels in Guam.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:54 am

It's now only Mar 8th...and we, the 2 1K

Have already collected 2 ETC for $400 each. 2 ETC for $250 each. 1 ETC for $200. And 2 10k in RDM.
I am not saying here how generous UA has been to us.
What I am trying to say is how bad their service/flights ops are. That they have to doll out all the ETCs to try to make up for all the inconveniences they caused.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
No argument regarding your frustration regarding the various hiccups during these flights, it looks like you're saying it's just early March and you've had what looks to be four different instances of issues.

Would you describe each incident? It's interesting to see the correlation between specifics of incident with compensation given.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

See also this year's consolidated compensation thread.

So far this year I'm at 10k compensation miles, a $300 ETC, a $200 ETC and three apologetic responses without compensation. I have to say, this year is not going well for me either. Out of the 15 or so segments, I've had 3 instances of lost/delayed luggage, 3 rebookings due to misconnects, and 8 delayed flights.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by itsMoe
See also this year's consolidated compensation thread.

So far this year I'm at 10k compensation miles, a $300 ETC, a $200 ETC and three apologetic responses without compensation. I have to say, this year is not going well for me either. Out of the 15 or so segments, I've had 3 instances of lost/delayed luggage, 3 rebookings due to misconnects, and 8 delayed flights.
Just talking here, you should probably find a new airline/partner if this is true by March. I have been lucky so far in the past but this is stupid after 8 weeks.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
5:24 delay = $175

UA 950 was scheduled to depart IAD for BRU at 5:45 p.m. last Friday and instead left at 11:09. (Executive summary: problem with a heater in the cargo hold led to a couple with a dog deplaning, then they discovered other problems with this 777-200 including an issue with an altimeter that caused the plane to go MX, equipment swap and gate change ensued, we didn't start boarding the second plane until 15 minutes after the predicted 9 p.m. departure, and after boarding was completed we waited another hour for baggage handlers to scour the hold for checked luggage of pax who elected not to fly. At least the pilot showed a good bedside manner the whole time.)

As we neared BRU, the cabin crew invited everybody to visit united.com/appreciation to choose a form of compensation. The site offered me 8,750 miles (IIRC) or a $175 travel certificate, and of course I took the money. The 1K sitting next to me said he was offered $200 and took that. Had I missed my connection, I would have been crankier, but the six-plus hour layover in my original itinerary meant I still had time to get a shower, breakfast and a glass or two of something bubbly at the Loft.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DCA writer
.... Had I missed my connection, I would have been crankier, but the six-plus hour layover in my original itinerary meant I still had time to get a shower, breakfast and a glass or two of something bubbly at the Loft.
Where is "the Loft"? It sounds a alot nicer than the SAS lounge which is where I spent time during my last transit of BRU. No showers or bubbly were apparent there!
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:25 pm

Flight Canceled - Hotel Reimbursement?

A very infrequent flyer friend of mine was booked on a United Express flight MCI-IAD a couple of weeks ago that was canceled with the reason being "operational." The weather was crummy, but flights were going in and out of both airports, so I suspect the cancelation may have been because they didn't have a plane or a crew.

I know that cancelation due to "weather" means you're on your own but not sure about "operational." She was rebooked and got home the next day since the only thing they could offer the same day was a flight that arrived at BWI a few minutes before midnight and they couldn't promise her a way home from there. Of course they didn't volunteer to pay for the extra night she had to spend in her hotel in Kansas City.

Is this the sort of thing for which reimbursement is authorized? If so, where does one start the process? In 50 years of flying, I've never had this happen to me so it's something with which I have no experience and can't give her any advice other than "maybe - I'll ask on Flyer Talk." She isn't a Mileage Plus memeber, and I don't know what class her ticket was, but it was coach and cheap.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Got an emailed offer with a choice of $50 credit or 2500 miles for a 3:24 mechanical delay on Express today. General member.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Was on UA959 LHR-ORD in February - flight canceled because of MX morning of. Re-routed LHR-IAH-ORD (kept GPU on LHR-ORD, re-booked in full Y on IAH-ORD, cleared upgrade few hours before departure). Received $300 ecert (option 15k miles) as an apology. Filed EU 261 claim, offered 300 euros cash, $500 USD ecert or 15k miles. Arrived 3.5 hours late.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Onboard Compensation Form

I received a compensation form on DXB-IAD flight a couple of days ago. My experience with these is you go online and tick off the problem you had and there's no opportunity to elaborate. If I want to give details, how should I proceed? Do I write to 1K Voice as if I hadn't received the compensation form? Do I include the voucher number in my 1K Voice email? Do I submit the voucher online and write to 1K Voice?

Suggestions appreciated.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by transportprof
Where is "the Loft"? It sounds a alot nicer than the SAS lounge which is where I spent time during my last transit of BRU. No showers or bubbly were apparent there!
The Loft is an enormous upgrade on the old SN lounge that opened last year. I'm no longer afraid to connect through BRU!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, US CP, UA 1K
Last night, the light wasn't working (I usually don't mind it but this time I was working on a presentation and I really need the light). I told the FA, he said he would file an issue. Did not provide any kind of confirmation. Should I have pressed the issue and gotten an appreciation card?

Today I did send a note to customer service about it. Should I expect something or is it a lost cause?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.