Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by nick5000
I also have a 777-200 SYD SIN flight booked earlier that UA site says is 77W. However, SQ and expertflyer says its 777-200 so I trust them more.
Did you book F class or C class? Does the 772 have F seats?
If I booked 77W F class and ended up on a 772 with the lesser F seats (or worse, a 772 without F seats), I'd be upset.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Can you route through SE Asia for a NE Asia US Airways award?

I'm trying to go ex-WAS via Europe to TYO but would like to route through BKK and/or SIN to take advantage of Thai and SQ C/F.

Will US Airways still count the award as a NE Asia award in F (120k miles) or as a SE Asia award in F (160k miles)?

Thx
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by as219
Everything looks all right until the return. Not sure what the MPM is for DPS-EWR, but your two backtracks (MUC-DME and IAH-EWR) may put it over.
The agent got it to price at 140k, I had her hold it and moved some Chase UR miles over. I am on hold now trying to confirm and ticket, I will be rather pleased if this one comes through. Allows me to go to Songkran, stop in Laos, Bali, visit a friend in Moscow for a night and perhaps most importantly schedule three long haul flights in SQ F.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:48 am

What's amazing to me is that SQ still hasn't fixed this problem. I just looked at UA's site and there's still a lot of availability on SQ.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by pdx1M
More data - turned out we actually needed to book a trip to Singapore for an event so last night I got NRT-SIN and SIN-SFO in 1st on SQ. (Dealt with a number of really good GS agents over the course of 5 calls as the plan was shifting as was the award availability.) Checked back with UA this morning and the GS agent said that SQ never gives them the SQ PNRs but that I should call SQ which I did. Got the SQ PNRs and the SQ agent verified that the flights were confirmed and ticketed. Only strangeness is as someone else posted, I can pull up the flights on the SQ mobile site but not on the main site. On the main site the system doesn't give an error - it just spins and then represents the query page. Seems like this all worked.
Yep, all the systems are wonky. The UA calendar doesn't show availability but strangely the SQF space shows up.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by channa
That's not too bad, actually.

CO has had problems calculating times over the date line for years.

I have one res with a 3,100-mile flight that states 2 hours, and another 1,800-mile flight that states 8 hours 20 minutes.

Both flights cross the dateline.
The funniest CO problem I found was SFO-EWR, departing 7 am and arriving 10:35 am, with a flight time of 95 minutes . To make it worse, the connecting flight from EWR to my destination leaves at 11:30 am, landing at 1 pm. I doubt I'm even close to EWR at that time .
(of course, if someone booked that itinerary and actually expected to get to the destination at 1 pm, it wouldn't be funny anymore...)
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
What a night. Feel free to skip if you don't enjoy hearing an avgeek's classic #firstworldproblem.

After staying up late last night, finally got the near perfect itinerary. Wanted to go NYC-SIN, return SIN-SFO in SQ F. Going NYC-SIN, my options were EWR-SIN on the all-J A340 or JFK-FRA-SIN in J on the A380. I decided to book both and decide later. Couldn't decide if flying the A380 for the first time or the longest flight in the world would be cooler. I went to bed, but laid awake wondering if there could be something better... and then I got it! I've always wanted to fly the TG 77W fully private F suite and experience the free BKK spa/massage. Then it came to me, JFK-FRA in SQ A380 J, FRA-BKK in TG 77W F, BKK-SIN on TG, then SIN-SFO on SQ F! Going to keep an eye out for LH F JFK-FRA so I can experience the FRA FCT, but that would just be the cherry on top!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by andrewket
I must be doing something wrong. I started looking at this last night around midnight and then again today. I can't find SQ F A380 seats. 777 no problem. I'm open on destination...

I end up with mixed cabin tins. F on UA metal, biz or coach on SQ.

A
there's no such thing as an F seat on the A380. Its a suite and I THINK they use R for that
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Yep, all the systems are wonky. The UA calendar doesn't show availability but strangely the SQF space shows up.
The UA award calendar often just shows UA award availability or is just plain off. If the calendar shows availability, there's availability. If it doesn't, there still might be partner availability. It's pretty specific, but not sensitive.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by glader
Another datapoint: Called UA for SQ PNR for my itinerary which was a change to an existing ticket originally on UA metal. However, after calling twice and speaking to two reps they were both not able to locate my SQ PNR and said I can call SQ with my UA ticket number and get the PNR directly from them. I'm a little concerned some are getting their SQ PNR from UA but others are not.

I figure its best to wait to call SQ until the dust settles.
I dont know if I would call SQ directly at the moment....Would hate for that can of worms to open!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Now the agent is sending me to the Star Alliance desk, that can't be good.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:59 am

Question about direct flights. I've actually never have been on a direct flight in which you land but do not change planes. my itinerary is GRR IAH DME SIN, with 1.5hrs on the ground in moscow. Do they let pax deplane to a holding area or am I forced to seat in my seat swilling Dom??

I'd like to get a Russia stamp for the passport, but can be convinced otherwise by the beverage service.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:59 am
Suspended

All set

Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iceman77_7
I've always wanted to fly the TG 77W fully private F suite and experience the free BKK spa/massage. Then it came to me, JFK-FRA in SQ A380 J, FRA-BKK in TG 77W F, BKK-SIN on TG, then SIN-SFO on SQ F!
Unless your BKK-SIN is in 3-cabin F, you will not be eligible for the full body spa massage, even as an arriving 3-cabin F passenger. You'll be able to use the Business spa, which is a neck/shoulder rub for 15-20 minutes or a foot massage.

The 60 minute spa service is for departing passengers only (on 3-cabin F).
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by DavisCalifJr
I'm sure uapremier will get right on that apology he seriously owes you for the snarky comment, Lucky. I clearly saw your tip of the hat to Apurva when you posted on your blog yesterday. That's not your style to overlook something like that..Keep up the good work. We appreciate it
The thing is just be cause its published its not on BA right away. sometimes even the twitter feed can be behind several minutes. I've had blog posts that published at a "time" but did not go public for up to 30-40 minutes after being published. Either way, whoever HT'd who, we all won with this.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.