Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Vunder31
The award tickets are UA ticket, so it would be up to UA to find replacement flights if SQ backs out.
And unless you're getting an SQ ticket #/PNR, it's entirely possible that these reservations aren't hitting SQ's system since they're in the middle of a system change. Their website says "All KrisFlyer-related transactions [...] are also suspended." I'm wondering if that means ticketing is down as well.

If this isn't the case, though, then congrats to anyone who got in on this. If you haven't flown SQ, it really is a charming airline to fly. Flew them in Y this month/J last month and my experiences were better than my UA global F flight earlier this year. As for BTC, I love the Singapore Chicken Rice ^. I have an intra-Asia SQ J TR in my sig with menus and pics if you're interested.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:04 am

Thanks OP, I was able to book a ticket lax-bom in sept.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:05 am

Programs: All of them
Does Aeroplan charge YQ on SQ award bookings?

(I realize this is slightly off topic, AC has come up a few times here.)
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by goAsia
Does Aeroplan charge YQ on SQ award bookings?
no.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
And unless you're getting an SQ ticket #/PNR, it's entirely possible that these reservations aren't hitting SQ's system since they're in the middle of a system change. Their website says "All KrisFlyer-related transactions [...] are also suspended." I'm wondering if that means ticketing is down as well.

If this isn't the case, though, then congrats to anyone who got in on this. If you haven't flown SQ, it really is a charming airline to fly. Flew them in Y this month/J last month and my experiences were better than my UA global F flight earlier this year. As for BTC, I love the Singapore Chicken Rice ^. I have an intra-Asia SQ J TR in my sig with menus and pics if you're interested.
When I was booking mine, the UA agent called SQ to clear something up and came back and said everything was fine, SQ confirmed the seat. Hope that sq doesnt change it's mind.....
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
When I was booking mine, the UA agent called SQ to clear something up and came back and said everything was fine, SQ confirmed the seat. Hope that sq doesnt change it's mind.....
Wow. On http://www.singaporeair.com/, it says "As such, bookings through www.singaporeair.com, www.silkair.com, call centres, service centres and travel agents are not available." I guess it's only for paid tickets.

Don't mean to be a Negative Nancy, just posting that this is what SQ says publicly as a heads up. As someone who has an upcoming ticket on SQ (and has a relative flying SQ at this moment), I've been aware of this weekend's system change for quite a while now.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Wow. On http://www.singaporeair.com/, it says "As such, bookings through www.singaporeair.com, www.silkair.com, call centres, service centres and travel agents are not available." I guess it's only for paid tickets.
I figured to take the UA agent at her word, but that may sometimes be a mistake. I'll be more confident about the booking once I have an sq pnr
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Similar to the RGN deal, the US DOT should be able to get involved with SQ if they cancel tickets that touch US soil.
Dream on.

AA canceled lots of F revenue tickets codeshares with CX booked on mistake fare between US and HKG last year, DOT has not been able to do anything to force it to stick!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I figured to take the UA agent at her word, but that may sometimes be a mistake. I'll be more confident about the booking once I have an sq pnr
That's the problem with UA, I've never trusted their agents at their words, and now I don't trust SHARES .
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:19 am

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
Mr. Zoui21

Seat Assignments:
JFK - FRA: 12F
FRA - LHR: 2C
Just pointing out that everything seems to be ticketed for now. *fingers crossed*

Dont really want to mess with anything, although I'm hoping for a window seat change when everything is back up

Would you guys say book the cook is usually the better option or would you wait off to see what's on the plane?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:26 am

Programs: SPG
Using US Air, I booked IAD-NRT on ANA, then HND-SIN on SQ, and return SIN-SFO SQ and SFO-CLT-DCA US. I booked in January around the SingaporeDo. Came out to 160k DM + $123.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Zoui21
Just pointing out that everything seems to be ticketed for now. *fingers crossed*

Dont really want to mess with anything, although I'm hoping for a window seat change when everything is back up

Would you guys say book the cook is usually the better option or would you wait off to see what's on the plane?
Again, I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy, but I've had UA assign me seats on *A partners on reservations that ultimately did not ticket. I don't think a seat assignment means ticketing has gone through (it could, but I don't think it's solid confirmation).

I have a one-way F reservation that I'm hoping goes through, but if it doesn't, I won't be mad.

That being said, BTC is a great option if you know what you want. The times I've had it, they've come up to me pre-departure to confirm my selection, and it seemed that I could choose off menu if I desired (I ended up sticking with my BTC option).
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Happy
Dream on.

AA canceled lots of F revenue tickets codeshares with CX booked on mistake fare between US and HKG last year, DOT has not been able to do anything to force it to stick!
Wasn't the problem there that those tickets were before the most recent set of DOT regulations? The RGN tickets were the first big test after the new regs and they seemed to have the desired effect (well, at least as desired by FT'ers )
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: UA 1K
Booked May 2013

SFO-SIN-DPS
SIN-SFO

All in F, 2 people.

Figured since I have my wedding in late April I might as well jump on this And book my honeymoon.

Wasn't able to select seats though which confuses me
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Happy
Dream on.

Given the ability the DOT had to make KE reinstate some of the RGN fares, I would not assume they'll just stand by idly....

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Wasn't the problem there that those tickets were before the most recent set of DOT regulations? The RGN tickets were the first big test after the new regs and they seemed to have the desired effect (well, at least as desired by FT'ers )
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.