Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I'm not a big drinker, so I've never had Dom Pérignon before. If I really do have an F ticket on SQ, I think 30,000 feet in the air would be a good place for my first sip
Personally, I would not want to wait that long, and would ask for a pre-departure beverage.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uapremier
Yeah- Thanks. Lucky at Boardingarea.com didn't even have the decency to cite me as the source. Unbelievable, wrong and totally uncool.
Of course not cool at all. Are you surprised? I'm sure he'll thank you later for the web traffic.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:43 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Lucky Hat Tipped

Originally Posted by izzik
Of course not cool at all. Are you surprised? I'm sure he'll thank you later for the web traffic.
The reader that told him about it.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: United Gold
Found this video on YouTube. Although the seats do look very wide, they don't look long enough to sleep comfortably in. Maybe it's just an optical illusion.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
ticketed 2 seats SFO-SIN and back in Jan (77W in F).

Last edited by nachosdelux; Jul 8, 2012 at 10:38 am
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Stupid question

We have F on SQ from MUC to SIN and J from EWR to MUC. We did the 70k level and it said that F cabin was not available. We have the F rate deducted so is it possible to WL for F? Its on LH. Would I have to check every day to force the seat in F?

Thanks. Looks like we are going for New Years Eve. Funny thing is I was just looking last night for Shanghai for New years eve but SIN is warmer..
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by amolkold
Wait wait wait ... has anyone told Macabus about this deal yet?!

I hope SQ has the Dom ready for the flood of FTers about to set up camp in their F cabins.
They can have the Dom, I'll take 20 hrs of Krug thank you very much.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: UAL 1K, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Black, Hertz 5*
I must be doing something wrong. I started looking at this last night around midnight and then again today. I can't find SQ F A380 seats. 777 no problem. I'm open on destination...

I end up with mixed cabin tins. F on UA metal, biz or coach on SQ.

A
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Dreaded up to 24 hours to confirm

I got the message that all segments can not be confirmed and it may take up to 24 hours. I called 1k line and she saw LH record locates but not SQ. she said it could take up to 24 hours. I asked if she did the booking would that be the same scenario and she said yes. Should I worry?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:02 am

I was able to snag HKT-BKK-SIN-EWR for next week. I hope it sticks or I'll be stranded in Asia
Additionally, I was able to get JFK-FRA-SIN-AKL-NAN in November. The agents wanted way more miles, charged me a change fee even though I am not within 21 days. When I questioned them about it they said the 21 day rule went out the door with the merger. I asked why the website still shows it and the agent and her supervisor both said it has not been updated. Given I was paying $5.00 per minute for the call, I decided to wait till I am back in the US to fight for the $75 per person change fee.
All in all, I spent $350 calling the United! SQ better be worth it. I should have used skype but my work laptop .....

Now if only I could find a way to get the SQ PNR numbers without paying $5 per minute so I can select seats for next week
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uapremier
Yeah- Thanks. Lucky at Boardingarea.com didn't even have the decency to cite me as the source. Unbelievable, wrong and totally uncool.
My post went up five minutes before this thread was started (blog is hosted on Mountain Time).

I credited the person that did tip me off to this, which was a reader named Apurva, who did so a couple of hours before I even posted.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by andrewket
I must be doing something wrong. I started looking at this last night around midnight and then again today. I can't find SQ F A380 seats. 777 no problem. I'm open on destination...

A

For now, I don't think SQ releases F inventory on the A380 so you are not doing anything wrong. Take a chance and try C
The 777 should have F availability as you said
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by andrewket

A
You won't find F seats on SQ's A380 routes, at least not long-haul routes. If you can find F on 77W, snag it and don't look back.

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Lucky is right, this thread shows as 4:36pm and Lucky's post hit my Google Reader at 4:35pm, beat ya by a minute!

Originally Posted by cruisr
We have F on SQ from MUC to SIN and J from EWR to MUC. We did the 70k level and it said that F cabin was not available. We have the F rate deducted so is it possible to WL for F? Its on LH. Would I have to check every day to force the seat in F?

Thanks. Looks like we are going for New Years Eve. Funny thing is I was just looking last night for Shanghai for New years eve but SIN is warmer..
If you booked via united, I doubt you'll be able to waitlist on LH. Also, LH releases inventory to their members that UA does not have access to so EF may not be too helpful here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.