Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
My itinerary just ticketed.

Is there a way for me to select the seat I want? I can't seem to do it on the United website.

I think the 777-300ER is 1-2-1 so everyone has aisle access, but I rather sit in one of the 1s and not the 2s.
You need to call United to get SQ PNR.

The full site (http://www.singaporeair.com) couldn't retrieve my reservation this morning, but the mobile site (http://mobile.singaporeair.com) worked like a charm and I now have a couple of seats in the front cabin of the A388 all-C upper deck.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SFO777
^
This is almost as much fun as the RGN mistake fare spree.
I missed out on that (ironically because I was busy flying SQ that day and didn't have wifi access ...)

Also, a few weeks ago, I moved a bunch of AMEX MR into SQ KF before closing out the card. I guess I'm just going to have fly only SQ for the near future #firstworldproblems
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I just spoke to a SQ Station Manager who I have met close to a dozen times and who's card I found in my wallet (i looked hard for it). I called to ask if he knew about these award tickets and would they be honored by SQ if I had a booking. He told me he was already contacted by SQ HQ and told to honor the tickets "at least for today" and until HQ comes out with an actual directive. He did say that it was "suggested" to him that he advise passengers to reconfirm any onward or return flights as they may be rescheduled by The issuing airline on different carriers. He does not believe they will honor all the tkts (but said that was his "strong" belief, not any policy he was told about but he said to read between the lines. If he was told to have ground staff advise passengers to reconfirm onward / return flights, that means they probably plan to throw this back at UA/US (and Virgin was also apparently allowed to book these seats as well)

I can't say what station manager for obvious reasons but can say he's in Western Europe (Not the US) and SQ has more then 1 flight a day from his airport

Take it for what it's worth
how hard would it have been for you to wait until the deal is actually dead to call your "contact"?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by nigelloring
Thank you.

So when do we do this? Now, or a few hours, or a few days from now?

Thanks again...
ASAP........Your tkt is not confirmed until SQ has the reservation and generates a PNR. Sometimes the ticket # may take a few hours to get over to SQ but you should still be able to call them, get a seat assignment and ask for the PNR. ( When your on the phone w SQ, ask if they have the tkt numbers from UA. If yes, your good to go. If not, let them know it HAS been ticketed and call back in a few hours to confirm. (if they have not received tkt numbers within 12 hours, call UA and ask the ...?

Originally Posted by mrredskin
how hard would it have been for you to wait until the deal is actually dead to call your "contact"?
What? You think they did not already know? I wanted to know if I was wasting my time or not. No big deal!!! Didn't "ruin" anything for anyone. He already had the telex in hand from HQ but hay, if it does not work out you can put ALL the blame on me

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 8, 2012 at 6:53 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I agree.

In the future please wait to call.

Other folks would like to participate in the deal as well.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
He already had the telex in hand from HQ
SQ still uses Telex?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
what phone# is best to use to call SQ this morning from the States this morning to get PNR/ticket#?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
what phone# is best to use to call SQ this morning from the States this morning to get PNR/ticket#?
Don't call SQ today. Call UA.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
it was rumoured earlier this year that sq was going to open up award space... something we never got to see. do you think this current offering is planned and here to stay?

it's now well after the resurrection of the new system and the seats are still there on many routes...

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Don't call SQ today. Call UA.
+1, why would you call for seats when people are still trying to nab SQ C(J)/F?

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
SQ still uses Telex?
I knew that was coming........

They still call the printout a "telex" for some reason. I've heard the term a number of times when referring to a message. I don't think it's a literal meaning - just a word to use instead of "printout of the message"
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K
Called UA and received my SQ confirmation numbers. It looks like this really worked.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
call UA (or ticketing carrier)
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:53 am

UA will give you SQ confirmation number
Go to SQ website to change seat.

One datapoint: My SFO(HKG)SIN flight this fall... I am the only person currently booked in F on the flight.
I'd like to believe this is more of SQ truly releasing some inventory versus a mistake.

In the RGN deal, Korean Airlines stands a good chance of some pretty good publicity from all the FT'ers who will be sharing their trip reports here and with friends. Only with SQ, they will get this and big payment (albeit less than they may want) from UA for these tickets. So if this is all a mistake, SQ may want to think through any knee-jerk reaction about cancelling these. Just my .02
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: United Gold
I called UA and asked for the Singapore Airlines confirmation number, which they gave me. But when I enter it on the www.singaporeair.com website along with my last name, I keep getting this error:

No match found for the entered SQ booking reference and last name.

So I called UA again, but they gave me the same Singapore Airlines confirmation number they gave me the first time, and it still doesn't work.

Should I just give it some time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.