Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Just got SFO-SIN-SFO, in March 2013! Ticketed within five minutes!
What a way to start/finish Spring Break, YEAH!

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Like most, I have a ticket number and PNRs for all of the airlines in the reservation other than SQ.

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ArizonaKudos
I was able to book SFO-HKG and ICN-SFO for March in SQ F through US Airways. They even gave me a conformation number, so I am hoping everything sticks. The agent also said this was the third SQ flight she had booked today, which she found strange. I didn't bother to tell her why that was.
I have an idea that might be me

I might as well publish what I got on Scareways, its all ticketed with ticket #

YYZ-SFO-SIN-HKG-SIN-SFO-ORD-YYZ
*SFO-ICN-SIN - SQ 15
*HKG-SIN - SQ 1
*SIN-HKG-SIN - SQ 2

HKG-SIN-FRA-FCO-FRA-JFK-SFO-ICN-HKG for 2

All in F when possible
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Thanks!

I snagged an ORD-DPS in mixed F/C for Jan 2013. Not the worst way to burn 140,000 UA miles
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
I have an idea that might be me

I might as well publish what I got on Scareways, its all ticketed with ticket #

YYZ-SFO-SIN-HKG-SIN-SFO-ORD-YYZ
*SFO-ICN-SIN - SQ 15
*HKG-SIN - SQ 1
*SIN-HKG-SIN - SQ 2

HKG-SIN-FRA-FCO-FRA-JFK-SFO-ICN-HKG for 2

All in F when possible
Did you get FRA-JFK in F suites? I didnt see any in July/August
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Also, your giving FT a lot more credit then it deserves. There are not enough people that actively participate in or even read FT religiously enough to make a dent in SQ's booking.
I don't think I agree. Note there have been many mistake fare incidents that occurred that were propogated by FT and news spread like wildfire. The impact was significant enough in many cases that airlines revoked the tickets which I think numbered in the several dozen at least. When you consider lost potential revenue for giving away F rather than selling it, they have a lot to lose. However, I certainly doubt they would reject these as it is not like a mistake fare, it is inadvertently opening up inventory for completely entitled booking.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: MileagePlus Since Aug 2010, Hyatt Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
My post went up five minutes before this thread was started (blog is hosted on Mountain Time).

I credited the person that did tip me off to this, which was a reader named Apurva, who did so a couple of hours before I even posted.
I'm sure uapremier will get right on that apology he seriously owes you for the snarky comment, Lucky. I clearly saw your tip of the hat to Apurva when you posted on your blog yesterday. That's not your style to overlook something like that..Keep up the good work. We appreciate it
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Is this going to be a valid 140k N.America-S.Asia F award? If so I am going to book and roll the dice.

JFK-SFO-HKG-BKK (Stopover)
OPEN JAW
VTE-BKK-DPS (destination)
DPS-SIN-MUC-DME-IAH-EWR

Please let me know so I can get cracking. Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Did you get FRA-JFK in F suites? I didnt see any in July/August
When Possible!, 380 segments are in C
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Called UA for the SQ PNR
Couldn't bring it up on the SQ site but tried the mobile site and it worked like a charm. Picked my seats. ^
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
This is a sad thread. I have been flying long enough to remember when "availability" wasn't an issue. If you had enough miles to book something on the award chart you called and, in about 15 minutes, you had the flights. Always.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:13 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Let's hope Singapore honors this!

I booked 2 seats IAH-DME in Singapore First for 135,000 United miles + $43 each.

It is a lot of miles, but retail for each ticket in first would be about $12,000 and about $1100-$1500 range.

Anita
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, AA, WN, UA, US, WN, BA.
Another datapoint: Called UA for SQ PNR for my itinerary which was a change to an existing ticket originally on UA metal. However, after calling twice and speaking to two reps they were both not able to locate my SQ PNR and said I can call SQ with my UA ticket number and get the PNR directly from them. I'm a little concerned some are getting their SQ PNR from UA but others are not.

I figure its best to wait to call SQ until the dust settles.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I must say, the biggest upside to my UA status these days is *A membership/benefits/awards and not having to fly on UA. For that, I thank you, UA
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by iexaltu
I was able to snag HKT-BKK-SIN-EWR for next week. I hope it sticks or I'll be stranded in Asia
Additionally, I was able to get JFK-FRA-SIN-AKL-NAN in November. The agents wanted way more miles, charged me a change fee even though I am not within 21 days. When I questioned them about it they said the 21 day rule went out the door with the merger. I asked why the website still shows it and the agent and her supervisor both said it has not been updated. Given I was paying $5.00 per minute for the call, I decided to wait till I am back in the US to fight for the $75 per person change fee.
All in all, I spent $350 calling the United! SQ better be worth it. I should have used skype but my work laptop .....

Now if only I could find a way to get the SQ PNR numbers without paying $5 per minute so I can select seats for next week
Wifi is easy to find in Asia and Skype is free for 1800 calls. Sorry, but you spend about $349 more than you should have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.