Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Made a reservation this morning. For the first one, availability for the outbound leg had disappeared by the time I had entered my credit card for the taxes. The second went though with a confirmation e-mail containing the proviso that "We are processing your reservation and will send you an e-ticket confirmation once this has been completed. Typically, this process takes less than an hour, however, in some rare cases it could take a couple days. Please be assured that your reservation will remain confirmed during this processing period, and there is no need to contact us unless you are traveling within 24 hours.". However, both the initially rejected and the confirmed reservation are showing under "My reservation" as "Not ticketed". If/when SQ wakes up and stops the fun, will I be specifically notified? I don't suppose there's any point in phoning in to follow up?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:43 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Have IAD-DPS next year with the Europe-SE Asia long haul in TG F on the 380... SQ F showing available from FRA or LHR (and UA F available to both of them), but I'd not be pleased if we switched and SQ cancelled the ticket ... anyone switched an award yet?

Also... for those interested, availability in F to MEL via SIN from USA is pretty open during the Aussie Open in January. Admittedly, definitely the long way to Australia, but more comfortable than flying UA... Unfortunately, I don't have the UA balance to make this work--given that I'd need to book it for two...
I thought about dropping my TG F from BKK-FRA on the A380 but I'd rather take TG F to FRA and then hope for LH F back to the US. I wanted to re-work an already booked schedule out of NRT/HND to SIN then DPS, but the times were terrible getting into SIN.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by ordflyboy
So I booked last night using Dividend Miles (US)

Went to USAirways.com today and pulled up the reservation and to my dismay found a note to call US. When I looked at the itinerary (which was pretty ornate) - all was intact EXCEPT the EWR SIN EWR sectors on SQ on their all C class flights....

Ugh .. what should I do?

Flight is in November

Thanks for advice.
You should post this on US airways forum.....

Was it ticketed or just booked.
I don't think you have any choice since the space is gone...

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Made a reservation this morning. For the first one, availability for the outbound leg had disappeared by the time I had entered my credit card for the taxes. The second went though with a confirmation e-mail containing the proviso that "We are processing your reservation and will send you an e-ticket confirmation once this has been completed. Typically, this process takes less than an hour, however, in some rare cases it could take a couple days. Please be assured that your reservation will remain confirmed during this processing period, and there is no need to contact us unless you are traveling within 24 hours.". However, both the initially rejected and the confirmed reservation are showing under "My reservation" as "Not ticketed". If/when SQ wakes up and stops the fun, will I be specifically notified? I don't suppose there's any point in phoning in to follow up?
pmCO agent can easily push this reservation to be ticketed.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 8, 2012 at 7:06 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager

Went to USAirways.com today and pulled up the reservation and to my dismay found a note to call US. When I looked at the itinerary (which was pretty ornate) - all was intact EXCEPT the EWR SIN EWR sectors on SQ on their all C class flights....

Ugh .. what should I do?

Flight is in November

Thanks for advice.
Were you ticketed?
Sorry I know this is a US Air redemption (which is what I have as well) just wondering if I'm going to face something like that tomorrow.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
If I am in Russia for less than 24 hours, so I need the normal tourist visa, or can I get a transit visa / is that process less of a headache?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
I had this exact same problem. I just kept making new reservations until one of them eventually stuck, and the miles were deducted. When it did, I went back and cancelled all the old ones that never ticketed.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL GLD; AA GLD; CO GLD
Originally Posted by pigx5
pmCO agent can easily push this reservation to be ticketed.
+1
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Have IAD-DPS next year with the Europe-SE Asia long haul in TG F on the 380... SQ F showing available from FRA or LHR (and UA F available to both of them), but I'd not be pleased if we switched and SQ cancelled the ticket ... anyone switched an award yet?
Yes. Switched some flights with UA on the phone. Ticketed by the time I was off the phone, had the SQ number and picked seats at SQ mobile site. Seats show at www.checkmytrip.com as well as ticket numbers.

While SQ is not the most customer-friendly company, I think they're going to have a hard time voiding confirmed, ticketed reservations en masse. If they do, I'm screwed, but...we'll see.

Also... for those interested, availability in F to MEL via SIN from USA is pretty open during the Aussie Open in January. Admittedly, definitely the long way to Australia, but more comfortable than flying UA...
I don't know about that. It really depends on the circumstances. While SQ's product is certainly better, UA's hard product is solid at least.

When you factor in potentially 5,000 additional miles of flying plus two extra stops, the UA nonstop is not a bad value (I'm speaking ex-SFO here comparing SFO-SYD vs. SFO-ICN/HKG-SIN-SYD). In this example, with how poorly connections are timed, it takes nearly a full 24 additional hours to get there on SQ over UA. Not worth burning an extra vacation day or shortening your trip by 1 day, IMO.

Now if you're out of another location and could reduce that schedule disadvantage some (e.g., EWR-SIN-MEL vs. EWR-SFO-SYD-MEL), then I could see it. In this example, you're looking at only 2,800 miles of additional flying plus one fewer stop which offsets some of it. Plus it's timed well, so the total time penalty is only about 3 hours total to take SQ over UA, plus it's easier (1 less stop), and the better overall product. Definitely SQ is the clear winner for this one, IMO.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
ASAP........Your tkt is not confirmed until SQ has the reservation and generates a PNR. Sometimes the ticket # may take a few hours to get over to SQ but you should still be able to call them, get a seat assignment and ask for the PNR. ( When your on the phone w SQ, ask if they have the tkt numbers from UA. If yes, your good to go. If not, let them know it HAS been ticketed and call back in a few hours to confirm. (if they have not received tkt numbers within 12 hours, call UA and ask the ...?
Thank you. I believe that all my family's reservations are now fully ticketed and valid. Collectively we have burned 500k-600k in UA miles today!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Ugh .. what should I do?
Flight is in November
Thanks for advice.
The EWR-SIN nonstop does not have an F cabin.

Originally Posted by channa
When you factor in potentially 5,000 additional miles of flying plus two extra stops, the UA nonstop is not a bad value (I'm speaking ex-SFO here comparing SFO-SYD vs. SFO-ICN/HKG-SIN-SYD). In this example, with how poorly connections are timed, it takes nearly a full 24 additional hours to get there on SQ over UA. Not worth burning an extra vacation day or shortening your trip by 1 day, IMO.
Understandable and logical to many, but some of us would disagree. IMO, if you are on vacation and love to fly, the vacation starts when you leave your house, not when you get to your destination.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 8, 2012 at 7:06 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by SFO777
Understandable and logical to many, but some of us would disagree. IMO, if you are on vacation and love to fly, the vacation starts when you leave your house, not when you get to your destination.
Having flown UA F, I'm willing to spend some extra time in the air to fly SQ F.
Also, having 12 hours in Singapore is an extra bonus that I wouldn't get if I flew SFO-SYD-MEL.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
So how many SQ F sectors do you guys reckon were ticketed from this glitch?
10000? More?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, AA, WN, UA, US, WN, BA.
Originally Posted by lsed
10000? More?
Just based on the activity seen here and on Lucky's blog I would guess a couple of thousand. Clearly I have no idea and SQ revenue management is going to have a potential nightmare on their hands.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsed
10000? More?
My guess is in the five figures.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by glader
Just based on the activity seen here and on Lucky's blog I would guess a couple of thousand. Clearly I have no idea and SQ revenue management is going to have a potential nightmare on their hands.
I think SQ just pay off what they owe to Star Alliance flyers for these years at one time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.