Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Global Svcs 3 MM, LH Senator, BA Gold
This is F/O inventory is not just through UA, I booked a flight at the holidays SFO-SIN-SFO (had to do UA on the outbound), and just now booked via LH Miles & More for SFO-SIN-SFO in September for the Grand Prix; ticketed and seats assigned while I was on the phone with LH.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pigx5
You called SQ just to confirm your change?
No! I'm probably missing a comma in there somewhere. I called UA in order to confirm that my SQ changes were confirmed by SQ. I had the "wait 12 hours to make sure it goes thru" thing going on.

I know not to call SQ

Last edited by jasonvr; Jul 8, 2012 at 12:00 pm
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I booked SFO-SIN-SFO. Ticketed and confirmed, got my SQ PNR and picked seats. If I now want to turn SIN into a stop over and add in either SIN-MLE-SIN or SIN-DPS-SIN, what is the process for doing this? And by that, I mean, will UA redeposit all my miles and start from scratch? Or will they just add on the new segments without touching my current SFO-SIN-SFO flights? Also, will there be a cost? I have no status with UA.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by jasonvr
No! I'm probably missing a comma in there somewhere. I called UA in order to confirm that my SQ changes were confirmed by SQ. I had the "wait 12 hours to make sure it goes thru thing" going on.

I know not to call SQ
Judging by previous posts, SQ obviously knows about what happened, but I agree that calling them would make yourself stand out and make you an easy target for "Sorry, but we're gonna cancel your reservation. Talk to UA".

Since the flights are available for LH, US (and AC?) members, it's obvious that the situation was created by SQ, not UA. SQ got themselves into this mess and can't blame anyone else.

My UA ticket number is visible on the "My booking" page on SQ, so it looks like everything was pushed through correctly.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
This thing is making my head spin because it is changing by the minute. I looked yesterday to see if I could get any SQ F routes to supplement/change my current itin and there was nothing.

Now, after making my minor change to SQ J, I'm seeing a plethora of options on my dates:

MUC-SIN in F
AMS-SIN in F
IAH-DME-SIN in F
SFO-HKG in F

With any of these I can get a connector in Asia to BKK (which is where I am actually heading) and it is easy enough to get to SFO (IAH is actually a little more difficult because of limited award space)

With all of these I lose access to the FRA FCT and I miss out on LX F (ZRH-BKK on the old F product)....is it worth it? To quote someone else up-thread "first world problems".
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, US/UA Gold, National Executive, Avis First, Accor Platinum
So I made a change to an existing reservation last night... went from AC YYZ-FRA to SQ JFK-FRA in C. Got everything confirmed, but forgot to get the SQ record locator. It was late so I decided to call tomorrow morning (today).

Just got off the phone with UA. He said the changes were confirmed, but that the SQ record locator wasn't there. He said he'd ask a supervisor and put me on hold and came back 10 minutes later saying he had called SQ for the record locator! I feared the worst but he said he got it... so he started to read it but it was the same as my LH record locator (for another flight on the same award)...

So with a bit of doubt, I tried it at the SQ site and it worked! I picked seats no problem and all seems well!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Just got SFO-HKG in F, via ICN/SIN. Why fly nonstop when I could maximize my F segments
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Vunder31
SQ got themselves into this mess and can't blame anyone else.
I am sure their IT VP will be fired tomorrow morning

But what really surprises me is why they can't stop it
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by colpuck
That maybe the saving grace here. SQ IIRC is well known for telling passengers to go pound sand.

Technically, with at least my ticket issued on UA stock, it would be UA's responsibility to make passengers whole if the ticketing goes sideways I think. but purchasing with miles makes it even more of a mess. Though I'll support anything increases the rights of FF mile holders.
UA will make you whole...... they'll probably open up space in UA F. And tell you how lucky you are! F's F, right? Whatcha complain' about?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:17 pm

No luck - they cancelled space EWR SIN EWR

So I booked last night using Dividend Miles (US)

Went to USAirways.com today and pulled up the reservation and to my dismay found a note to call US. When I looked at the itinerary (which was pretty ornate) - all was intact EXCEPT the EWR SIN EWR sectors on SQ on their all C class flights....

Ugh .. what should I do?

Flight is in November

Thanks for advice.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kudos to uspremier for posting this.^

It looks to me like a glitch with new interface between Amadeus and other GDS. Not sure how this may be resolved.

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
...But what really surprises me is why they can't stop it
SQ IT dept is probably all busy with migration this weekend. Head of SQ IT will come in a few hours to face this mess.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 8, 2012 at 7:04 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by hobo13
UA will make you whole...... they'll probably open up space in UA F. And tell you how lucky you are! F's F, right? Whatcha complain' about?
No, they would give you BusinessFirst and tell you it's better than SQ F.

At least that's what CO tried to pull when they dropped my LX F legs a few years ago.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
SQ IT dept is probably all busy with migration this weekend. Head of SQ IT will come in a few hours to face this mess.
And it will be a long, long day for said IT person.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Have IAD-DPS next year with the Europe-SE Asia long haul in TG F on the 380... SQ F showing available from FRA or LHR (and UA F available to both of them), but I'd not be pleased if we switched and SQ cancelled the ticket ... anyone switched an award yet?

Also... for those interested, availability in F to MEL via SIN from USA is pretty open during the Aussie Open in January. Admittedly, definitely the long way to Australia, but more comfortable than flying UA... Unfortunately, I don't have the UA balance to make this work--given that I'd need to book it for two...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: SK, LH, BA, US, OZ, NH
Originally Posted by DC777Fan

Also... for those interested, availability in F to MEL via SIN from USA is pretty open during the Aussie Open in January. Admittedly, definitely the long way to Australia, but more comfortable than flying UA... Unfortunately, I don't have the UA balance to make this work--given that I'd need to book it for two...
Book it for one then....me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.