Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:34 pm

wowzers! just booked SFO-HKG in F for September...now to find a more interesting option for the return leg. Anyone have any luck on the LH A380 out of NRT?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pigx5
If they do, there will be lots of DoT complains.
Not sure if DoT regulates awards?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
I booked two trips for Biz outbound and lst Class Singapore inbound . I have the electronic ticket number from United and the Locator number for Singapore airlines. For the last 3 times I called in to CSR today, he told me the available seats on each leg which I wanted to book. But everytime he tries to book them, he can't because it shows an error.

Is it just because of the upgrading system?

Do I need to be concern?

Is anyone able to call in for seat assignments today?

What is SQ mobile site to book the seats?

EDIT---logged onto United and saw my seats assignment there....Wondering if I should change our seats from 1 C and D to 2 C and D for the 777-300ER like the above OP

Originally Posted by SFO777
We always go with 2CD. Furthest from the galley and the most private. Plus the F/C curtain is electrified to keep out the C pax.
SFO777, since you have done CX and SQ F SFO-HKG, can you say which you prefer? CX only has 6 seats vs the 8 on SQ, but it might be nice for a couple to get to sit together in the middle section on SQ?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 8, 2012 at 7:08 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
They make you leave the plane, take everything off, clear security and no stamp. Last time I did this, I had duty free JW with me and the Russian version of the TSA told me they were going to confiscate it, long story short there was a big scene in the security and holding area and I got the bottle back on the plane. Fun time though.
They're Russians. Of course they will try to confiscate your alcohol.

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
If I am in Russia for less than 24 hours, so I need the normal tourist visa, or can I get a transit visa / is that process less of a headache?
You don't need a visa if your layover is under 24 hr and you do not leave the int'l terminal. Otherwise you need to get tourist or transit visa (both cost the same: $170). I'm flying into SVO on LO and out of DME on SQ and overnighting (if LO space opens up for day before, I will spend two nights). First time in Russia, so will run around Red Square and other places quickly. $170 is a whole lotta Visa fee for <24 hr, but if I split the cost between a few hours in Moscow and SQ F, it's affordable. (Staying at Radisson Royal for 50k points, should get nice upgrade as CC C.)

Originally Posted by DavisCalifJr
I'm sure uapremier will get right on that apology he seriously owes you for the snarky comment, Lucky. I clearly saw your tip of the hat to Apurva when you posted on your blog yesterday. That's not your style to overlook something like that..Keep up the good work. We appreciate it
^

Originally Posted by Happy
Dream on.

AA canceled lots of F revenue tickets codeshares with CX booked on mistake fare between US and HKG last year, DOT has not been able to do anything to force it to stick!
Apparently you've been under a rock for a while.

That was under old rules. New rules have teeth and DOT forced KE, et. al. to honor ex-RGN F fares. ^
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:54 pm

Apparently you've been under a rock for a while.

That was under old rules. New rules have teeth and DOT forced KE, et. al. to honor ex-RGN F fares. ^
Of course they will honour the rules! They'll accidentally drop the SQ flights and UA will open a special F Award Bucket, and FT can't do anything about that.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Of course they will honour the rules! They'll accidentally drop the SQ flights and UA will open a special F Award Bucket, and FT can't do anything about that.
I'm not aware that the DOT gave KE the option to re-route on an alternate carrier?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by avsfan733
Anyone have any luck on the LH A380 out of NRT?
LH A380 F NRT-FRA is available for UA award booking, usually a week or so out.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mattolo
SFO777, since you have done CX and SQ F SFO-HKG, can you say which you prefer? CX only has 6 seats vs the 8 on SQ, but it might be nice for a couple to get to sit together in the middle section on SQ?
That's a tough one. You can't go wrong with either. CX wins the seat/suite comfort battle but all CX seats are singletons. So SQ is better for a couple that wants to "be together" during the flight. SQ food/wines are better. SQ is Dom and Krug. CX "just" Krug. The SQ 77W F cabin is quieter than CX 77W as the SQ galley and galley storage compartments are further from the suites. SQ uses a double curtain at the front, CX only a single, eliminated intrusive light at night. Straight up, I give a slight nod to SQ.

Plus SQ has the best TV commercials, hands down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNEJrd6GkSY

Last edited by SFO777; Jul 8, 2012 at 3:11 pm
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
I booked SFO-ICN-SIN-PER-SIN-SFO for next Feb. I have flights every month now, through next June mostly on SQ F. I have emptied out my UA account. I have to stay away from the computer! Even buying miles is cheaper than buying a C Class ticket!

Is there a maximum amount I can buy? Which is cheaper UA or US miles?

UG
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:15 pm

Looks like it worked

First, you are correct - should have posted in US forum but I thought the topic fit....

So at a suggestion, I called back US and they were able to get the space again. I called SQ and they saw the booking and they made seat assignments.

I also went to checkytrip.com and saw the booking and went to SQ's mobile site and saw all the seat assignments!

hopefully it will all work out!

thanks everyone.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Think Logically.

This is a major mistake by SQ and is likely to be reversed or cancelled.
There is no way any of us can know what will happen, so don't get your hopes too high.

All of the above being said, I went ahead and spent 420K miles since the only downside is that they will eventually refund my miles.

My guess is that UA will give us all some sort of compensation if they cancel these, but who knows.

Good Luck!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by ordflyboy
First, you are correct - should have posted in US forum but I thought the topic fit....

So at a suggestion, I called back US and they were able to get the space again. I called SQ and they saw the booking and they made seat assignments.

I also went to checkytrip.com and saw the booking and went to SQ's mobile site and saw all the seat assignments!

hopefully it will all work out!

thanks everyone.
I booked using US miles over New Years and several hours after booking all the SQ flights dropped from the reservation. I rebooked on different dates and not have seats on SQ and the SQ website says I am ticketed while previously it said I was not ticketed. Hopefully I'm good to go this time!!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:22 pm

Did a booking around 10 am Pacific. Confirmation from UA end went through, and have SQ confirmed, but not ticketed. Anyone else booking around the same time get ticketed? Was told to wait two days, didn't sound promising.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth
This is a major mistake by SQ and is likely to be reversed or cancelled.
Perhaps not. Maybe SQ is flying empty planes and they figure they may as well get some revenue out of them:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8HQ0Z620120626
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Tip: SQ Record Locator

If your booking also involves a flight on another carrier that uses Amadeus (eg. LH, LO etc.) your SQ PNR = your LH PNR as they now use the same system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.