Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by glader
Originally Posted by lsed
So how many SQ F sectors do you guys reckon were ticketed from this glitch?
10000? More?
Just based on the activity seen here and on Lucky's blog I would guess a couple of thousand. Clearly I have no idea and SQ revenue management is going to have a potential nightmare on their hands.
Plus it is mostly UA plane lice. And let's not even get started on US roaches.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:38 pm

Thanks a lot to OP and FTers. I ticketed a few awards involving SFO-HKG, SIN-MUC, NRT-LAX in either F of 77W or J of 388 in the summer and holiday season. Someone just grabbed the last EWR-SIN on my preferred date when I was on hold with US (as lowly non-elite on US).
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by pigx5
I think SQ just pay off what they owe to Star Alliance flyers for these years at one time.
Exactly. SQ's bill just came due. Let's see if they try to renege on payment.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I don't like calling airlines but called to the premier desk at UA and asked for the SQ conf number. No go. Told me to ask SQ. did not want to be on the phone with UA too long and not going to callSQ when they are in the midst of systems nightmare
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by glader
SQ revenue management is going to have a potential nightmare on their hands.

Will let you guys know if it gets covered in the media here.
I bet many PPS and Solitaire members are feeling very cheated about this glitch.

Now they'll have to redeem their KF miles at Standard / Full rates.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:56 pm

Booked LAX-SIN, SIN - KUL, KUL- LAX on both Biz and first class for 130k miles from United.

Can I get an extra leg from LAX to YVR for free?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by legalalien
Try mobile site at http://mobile.singaporeair.com. It worked for me when full site did not.
Thank you! Got the PNR from UA and seats on the mibile site.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:01 pm

Yes you can. Choose AC for YVR-LAX for better (than UA) lounge and onboard service.
Originally Posted by metoo
Booked LAX-SIN, SIN - KUL, KUL- LAX on both Biz and first class for 130k miles from United.

Can I get an extra leg from LAX to YVR for free?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
This is going to be a nightmare for SQ. I assume the offices are closed being that it's Sunday....wait until, oh, 7-8pm ET tonight when they open in SIN and the office gets hit with this. There's no way this is going to be a "drop in the bucket" in the world of airline seats.

Curious to see what happens...

UG
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Thanks OP! Changed from CX F to SQ F LAX-SFO-HKG on the 777 in F for honeymoon. Return is still on CX. The SQ outbound is more convienent for our schedule and looking forward to comparing the two different F products.

Now who knows the best seats for a couple on the SQ flight? It's 1-2-1 so I'm assuming the front row of the middle section - currently have 1C and 1D.

Also I was tempted to change our return on CX F (BKK-HKG-LAX) to mixed F/J on UA and SQ (BKK-NRT in UA F (747) and then NRT-LAX on the SQ A380 in J). It would give us an extra day on the ground, but is this crazy talk? Surely SQ J is not better than CX F?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mattolo
Now who knows the best seats for a couple on the SQ flight? It's 1-2-1 so I'm assuming the front row of the middle section - currently have 1C and 1D.
We always go with 2CD. Furthest from the galley and the most private. Plus the F/C curtain is electrified to keep out the C pax.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Strongly suggest you don't cancel other reservations

mattolo, I assume that if you're posting here that your CX F reservations were award as well. Regardless, I'd strongly suggest that you not cancel them (or if you have canceled them, that you quickly try to restore them). We don't know how this whole business will play out with SQ. We can hope that the SQ F reservations will be honored, but until that's certain I would definitely not cancel anything in expectation of everything working out with SQ.

Thanks OP! Changed from CX F to SQ F LAX-SFO-HKG on the 777 in F for honeymoon. Return is still on CX. The SQ outbound is more convienent for our schedule and looking forward to comparing the two different F products.

Also I was tempted to change our return on CX F (BKK-HKG-LAX) to mixed F/J on UA and SQ (BKK-NRT in UA F (747) and then NRT-LAX on the SQ A380 in J). It would give us an extra day on the ground, but is this crazy talk? Surely SQ J is not better than CX F?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:28 pm
formerly gohima

stay with CX F. Some would argue it is better than SQ F :-:
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
We always go with 2CD. Furthest from the galley and the most private. Plus the F/C curtain is electrified to keep out the C pax.
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
mattolo, I assume that if you're posting here that your CX F reservations were award as well. Regardless, I'd strongly suggest that you not cancel them (or if you have canceled them, that you quickly try to restore them). We don't know how this whole business will play out with SQ. We can hope that the SQ F reservations will be honored, but until that's certain I would definitely not cancel anything in expectation of everything working out with SQ.
Originally Posted by gohima
stay with CX F. Some would argue it is better than SQ F :-:
Ok thanks guys. Will switch to seats 2CD. And my CX flights were booked with AA miles so yeah no rush to cancel them. They are staying put until I find out if SQ will honor the new flights.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by JetAway
Exactly. SQ's bill just came due. Let's see if they try to renege on payment.
If they do, there will be lots of DoT complains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.