Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by highman123
I booked through US Airways last night. I called back today and reservation wasn't processed yet but a very helpful agent did that for me.

She mentioned that SQ does not issue confirmation codes. But she gave me the LH one preceding my SQ flights.

I used it in the LOT tool and it showed seat maps for both SQ flights and I was able to assign seats.
They do issue confirmation codes. I was able to get mine from the AC agent. You'll need your SQ confirmation code to do "Book the Cook."

I wasn't, however, able to choose my seats on SQ's website. It's like the page won't load correctly. I can get to the right page, but the seats never show up for me to click on. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by goAsia
They do issue confirmation codes. I was able to get mine from the AC agent. You'll need your SQ confirmation code to do "Book the Cook."

I wasn't, however, able to choose my seats on SQ's website. It's like the page won't load correctly. I can get to the right page, but the seats never show up for me to click on. Any suggestions?
Have you tried the mobile site, https://mobile.singaporeair.com?
That one seems to allow people to assign seats when the regular site fails.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Vunder31
Thanks! That did the trick.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
ok heads up - I just spoke to US airways - (I know this is the UA forum!) and they said they can't book SQ awards until the 10th as SQ is having 'migration problems'!

They said those issues are causing a whole lot of SQ F and J inventory to show. But they said if it's still there tomorrow then they can book it then!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by blackmamba
So far, who has the craziest itinerary? I want to maximize my time on the plane and not on the ground. Anyone got any crazy itineraries, please share them! Thanks!
Stupid question maybe, but WHY??? Once the meal is served and you use the lounge, it's still just an airplane. There are flights that I can't wait to end (like on PIA, AI, and if course UA) and flights that are quite enjoyable (like on SQ/CX/EK), but no flight is so great that it's better then either getting home or getting to your destination (depending on if for biz or pleasure). The reason the Concorde was the greatest plane ever made was cuz you got to spend LESS time on it!!!

I must be getting old
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by hfs_flyer
SFO->CDG Possible?

I tried using the multi-city on .bomb but couldnt get any SQ flights to come up.
I would search for, and book, a flight JFK-CDG. It will offer you the Singapore flights with the connection in FRA. Then once it's all ticketed, phone up United and ask them to add in the domestic segments. It should be the same number of miles, and pocket change extra in taxes.

This is how I got PDX-EDI booked.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Thank You!

Originally Posted by Vunder31
Thanks Vunder31! I really appreciate the help.

I have decided to book another couple trips into Apr/May next year and wasn't having any luck with a "Multiple Destinations" search. Now, with your kind assistance, I am finding dates to MEL thru SIN that will work for me.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:23 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH Senator, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Sitting in the SFO SilverKris lounge right now. I have a full revenue SQ F ticket down to HKG tonight. Was just told I am the only pax in F tonight. Thank goodness you mileage freeloaders have not muddied up my private cabin this evening.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by thesilb
Sitting in the SFO SilverKris lounge right now. I have a full revenue SQ F ticket down to HKG tonight. Was just told I am the only pax in F tonight. Thank goodness you mileage freeloaders have not muddied up my private cabin this evening.
Yeah, when I just selected seats in F for an October flight I made the cabin have 5 of 8 seats full. SQ will be having much heavier loads in their F and J cabins between now and ~330 days out.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
ok heads up - I just spoke to US airways - (I know this is the UA forum!) and they said they can't book SQ awards until the 10th as SQ is having 'migration problems'!

They said those issues are causing a whole lot of SQ F and J inventory to show. But they said if it's still there tomorrow then they can book it then!
UA website is giving me this now for any SQ award segment:

Error

Due to rapidly changing partner availability the following flights are no longer available. Please choose another flight or modify your search criteria.
Had another trip idea, but I guess I'm stopping at 330k burned then.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Stupid question maybe, but WHY??? Once the meal is served and you use the lounge, it's still just an airplane. There are flights that I can't wait to end (like on PIA, AI, and if course UA) and flights that are quite enjoyable (like on SQ/CX/EK), but no flight is so great that it's better then either getting home or getting to your destination (depending on if for biz or pleasure). The reason the Concorde was the greatest plane ever made was cuz you got to spend LESS time on it!!!

I must be getting old
You've probably never done a mileage run either.
There are a whole group of FTers who just love to spend time on planes, it seems. I tend to agree with your implication that they are primarily young'uns.

Us oldsters really just want to get to our destination as quickly and comfortably as possible.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The deal is still alive
I booked two CDG-BKK/F (TG A380) BKK-SYD/F (TG 744) SYD-AKL/J (NZ 767) AKL-MEL/J (NZ 772) MEL-SIN/J (SQ A380) SIN-CDG/J (SQ A380) for June 2013

Waiting for UA to issue the ticket
Have a NZ PNR that NZ doesn't recognize
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:44 am

It might be "game over"

Just called both the US and the German US Airways hotline and there was no more availability on any SQ in F (on my routing TXL-MEL) even though availibility still shows on AwardTravelr. Too bad.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by thoshoe
Just called both the US and the German US Airways hotline and there was no more availability on any SQ in F (on my routing TXL-MEL) even though availibility still shows on AwardTravelr. Too bad.

I booked two SQ F ticktes with US Airways miles 15 minutes ago, it took them a while to issue the tickets, but I now have confirmed flights w/ e-ticket numbers. Hope that SQ honors them.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by thoshoe
nope - it's 'available' - just US has instructed their staff not to book it until the 10th (see my post above)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.