Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
(written while sitting on tarmac waiting for a gate)

Only problem so far: apparently no SQ pnr

Is this the solution?
Went to classic.chekmytrip.com per Daniellam's suggestion. Im flying four airlines on my itin (though one of the 4 is the Austrian regional owned by LH; so I'm thinking it may be 3 airlines total technically?) and it shows 4 ticket numbers and 3 PNRs. One of the 3 PNRs is a repeat; so it's two total unique pnrs. None of the ticket numbers starts with a 6 however (I thought sq started with a 6).

Does all this info provide any insight to anyone who is wise in these areas as to whether my pnr/tickets have a problem or not? It seems many are in the same or similar boat as me so any insights would be appreciated.

Ticket will be 016 if it's issued by UA.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Trying to switch an upcoming flight to SQ. Wife tells me to wait Not quite sure she understands what we have going on here.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After all this is over, in a few hours, it will be next to impossible to book or change SQ O/I class bookings for quite some time. Make sure you have booked the date/time you want.@:-)
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Cargojon
Trying to switch an upcoming flight to SQ. Wife tells me to wait Not quite sure she understands what we have going on here.
Waiting is bad ....m'kay??????? (sorry for the south park reference)
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Has anyone booked an award ticket in the past few hours? I booked one around 9pm and still don't have confirmation and ticket number from united. I am hoping there is just a backlog.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:04 pm

Has anyone actually been able to make a change to an existing award reservation online to SQ or must you call?

It's telling me "no flights match your date" or some garbage like that - not even any other options showing up, which confuses me....

Eta - I'm changing origin city of that matters ...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by Cargojon
Has anyone actually been able to make a change to an existing award reservation online to SQ or must you call?

It's telling me "no flights match your date" or some garbage like that - not even any other options showing up, which confuses me....
I got exactly this message. I don't think the online award change function works at all.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by snic
I got exactly this message. I don't think the online award change function works at all.
I guess for this it wouldn't hurt to call? I'm always hesitant to call when there's a "too good to be true" trend going on, but since i'm calling UA and not SG I guess it's doesn't matter.....right?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: United Gold
Please help a multiple city newbie

I've already got a confirmed F award SFO-SIN-SFO, but after seeing all the amazing routings in this thread, I was wondering if someone could help me get something more exotic for the same amount of miles. I tried using the multiple city form on UA.com with the Award Travel raido button pressed, but it kept giving me an error. Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I've already got a confirmed F award SFO-SIN-SFO, but after seeing all the amazing routings in this thread, I was wondering if someone could help me get something more exotic for the same amount of miles. I tried using the multiple city form on UA.com with the Award Travel raido button pressed, but it kept giving me an error. Thanks
I believe you need to piece it together on your own, then call.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
I believe you need to piece it together on your own, then call.
Is there a system online that will let me piece an itinerary together?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
(written while sitting on tarmac waiting for a gate)

Only problem so far: apparently no SQ pnr

Is this the solution?
Went to classic.chekmytrip.com per Daniellam's suggestion. Im flying four airlines on my itin (though one of the 4 is the Austrian regional owned by LH; so I'm thinking it may be 3 airlines total technically?) and it shows 4 ticket numbers and 3 PNRs. One of the 3 PNRs is a repeat; so it's two total unique pnrs. None of the ticket numbers starts with a 6 however (I thought sq started with a 6).

Does all this info provide any insight to anyone who is wise in these areas as to whether my pnr/tickets have a problem or not? It seems many are in the same or similar boat as me so any insights would be appreciated.
If ticket is issued by UA, the entire itinerary will not show on checkmytrip as UA does not use AMADEUS. So you will only see portions of the ticket.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by TerryK
After all this is over, in a few hours, it will be next to impossible to book or change SQ O/I class bookings for quite some time. Make sure you have booked the date/time you want.@:-)
That remains to be seen. It's 10:30AM Monday morning in SIN and still availability can be had.

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Waiting is bad ....m'kay??????? (sorry for the south park reference)
M'kay Mr LF.

Originally Posted by PHLstudent
Has anyone booked an award ticket in the past few hours? I booked one around 9pm and still don't have confirmation and ticket number from united. I am hoping there is just a backlog.
Yes, less than an hour ago SQ TPAC in F. Already received my UA confirmation.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by PHLstudent
Yes, about 10min ago and it ticketed in a few min
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:30 pm

Welp, just called up and scored JFK-FRA on SQ in J for my trip in 2 weeks. To say I am happy would be an understatement....although I'll still be looking to see if any F pops up.

No SQ PNR yet, I'll take a look through things and see if I can find it an do the seat search.....

ETA: checkmytrip found my SQ PNR using my LH PNR....but cannot locate it on SQ website yet to pick seats...

Further ETA: That was weird. I was able to go onto LH website to select my seats for the LH flights, but also the SQ flight. ??

Last edited by Cargojon; Jul 8, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.