Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Unless your BKK-SIN is in 3-cabin F, you will not be eligible for the full body spa massage, even as an arriving 3-cabin F passenger. You'll be able to use the Business spa, which is a neck/shoulder rub for 15-20 minutes or a foot massage.

The 60 minute spa service is for departing passengers only (on 3-cabin F).
What class would one need to fly to get the "rub & tug"?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Unless your BKK-SIN is in 3-cabin F, you will not be eligible for the full body spa massage, even as an arriving 3-cabin F passenger. You'll be able to use the Business spa, which is a neck/shoulder rub for 15-20 minutes or a foot massage.

3-cabin F on TG or any 3-cabin F (i.e. SQ)?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

Whoa, interesting. Maybe I should the reverse then, SIN-BKK-FRA-JFK...

ETA: Looks like the reverse wouldn't work. I guess I'll have to hope for the best since apparently some people have been offered F spa access.

ETA2: There are no BKK-SIN flights in 3-class F. :-(

Originally Posted by n8onUA
3-cabin F on TG or any 3-cabin F (i.e. SQ)?
Per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...on-access.html, would have to be 3-cabin F on TG.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 8, 2012 at 7:02 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:10 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Question about direct flights. I've actually never have been on a direct flight in which you land but do not change planes. my itinerary is GRR IAH DME SIN, with 1.5hrs on the ground in moscow. Do they let pax deplane to a holding area or am I forced to seat in my seat swilling Dom??

I'd like to get a Russia stamp for the passport, but can be convinced otherwise by the beverage service.
They make you leave the plane, take everything off, clear security and no stamp. Last time I did this, I had duty free JW with me and the Russian version of the TSA told me they were going to confiscate it, long story short there was a big scene in the security and holding area and I got the bottle back on the plane. Fun time though.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Originally Posted by Vunder31
Did you book F class or C class? Does the 772 have F seats?
If I booked 77W F class and ended up on a 772 with the lesser F seats (or worse, a 772 without F seats), I'd be upset.
I booked C (months ago). This is the 777-300 (not ER). SYD SIN 8:05am
Still it is strange that UA showing this flight as 77W, and they have been for months. 2-2-2 seating in C.

I was ok with this, as another flight on this booking (PVG SIN) changed from 772 to 77W, and this flight is in a more suitable champagne hour of the day.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by sbm12
Agreed that the DoT should have our backs on this one. The new rules are pretty clear, once a ticket is issued.
That maybe the saving grace here. SQ IIRC is well known for telling passengers to go pound sand.

Technically, with at least my ticket issued on UA stock, it would be UA's responsibility to make passengers whole if the ticketing goes sideways I think. but purchasing with miles makes it even more of a mess. Though I'll support anything increases the rights of FF mile holders.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:29 am

snort snort

I'm such a pig, booked another one!

YYZ-FRA AC J
FRA-BKK TG F (new A380)
BKK-SIN SQ J
SIN-LHR SQ F
LHR-YYZ AC J
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Just got off the phone with UA and SQ confirmed my changes from last night.

First flights on itin were:
LAX-IAD in pmCO BF (flatbed) 752
IAD-FRA in UA IPTE 777

Now:
LAX-JFK in ps F
JFK-FRA in SQ J on the 388

It leaves me with a 6 hour layover in JFK, but I've already set up an EF alert for the later flight for 2xF seats (currently wide open in J, but hey, I want F )

Can pull up my PNR in multiple places and was able to assign seats via the LH site (there are LH flights in my itin as well)

Had a minor heart attack about 20 minutes after I was done because the phone rang with UA as the caller ID Turned out to be a phone survey....sigh of relief....

Overall, not as glorious as all those who got into SQ F, but I'll take it. I wish there was F available on my dates, but because it was a pre-existing itin, I had limited flexibility. But hey, I've still got LX F and TG F (on the leased 9W 77W) in the itin, so I can't really complain. Tip o' the hat to the OP!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:32 am
formerly gohima

I sense the possibility of a lot of pissed off FTers ala the AA incident.

That being said, hope everyone's reservations stick.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by colpuck
That maybe the saving grace here. SQ IIRC is well known for telling passengers to go pound sand.

Technically, with at least my ticket issued on UA stock, it would be UA's responsibility to make passengers whole if the ticketing goes sideways I think. but purchasing with miles makes it even more of a mess. Though I'll support anything increases the rights of FF mile holders.
I guess the only thing UA will do for you if SQ cancel the reservation is to re-deposit the miles back into your account without charging you cancellation fees.

Don't expect anything more that
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Quick heads up: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Used the LH pnr on the SQ mobile app and it came up and I was able to snag my 2 SQ seats
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
CONFIRMED! Have my UA ticket # and my SQ Confirmation Code for seat selection:

JFK-SFO U.A. p.s. F
SFO-HKG SQ F
HKG-BKK TG F
VTE-BKK TG J
BKK-DPS TG J
DPS-SIN TG J
SIN-MUC SQ F
MUC-DME LH J
DME-HOU SQ F
HOU-EWR UA J

THREE long haul flights in SQ F, that is some damn fine maximizing if I may say so myself.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Just got off the phone with UA and SQ confirmed my changes from last night.
You called SQ just to confirm your change?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond

Actually, there have been conflicting reports about what happens to pax arriving BKK in TG F, connecting to international TG 2-cabin C. Some people get F spa access, some don't.

See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...on-access.html
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by as219
Actually, there have been conflicting reports about what happens to pax arriving BKK in TG F, connecting to international TG 2-cabin C. Some people get F spa access, some don't.

See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...on-access.html
I arrived HKG-BKK on TG F, and my next flight was BKK-PVG TG J, and they put me in the First Class lounge and my travel companion got a very long massage there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.