Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Royal First Class Lounge and Royal Orchid Spa information and access.

Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Direct copy of the first post by @pogonation.
Thought with the number of FCL and Spa questions littering this board it might be worth making a sticky with all the available information and also provide a place for members to ask their questions. Please let me know if you think it is a good idea and please let me know if any of the information I have included is wrong or if you feel anything else needs to be added.

Thai Airways Royal First Class Lounge

Link to webpage: FCL
Link to pictures courtesy of lounge guide.net: FCL pictures

Royal First Lounge at Concourse D, Level 3 - 1,400 sq.m. has been allocated for Royal First Class passengers with the capacity to accommodate 134 passengers at one time.

Opening hours: 05:00 am. 01:00 am.

Facilities:
2 VIP Rooms
6 Private Corners
22 Seated A-la-Carte Dining Room
Wi-fi Internet Corner with 4 PCs
Slumber Rooms
Shower Suites
Toilets with Wheelchair Accessible
TG First Class Check-in Facility
Smoking lounge

Lounge access rules:

Departures in TG or *A F from BKK = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to international TG C/Y = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to *A C = No FCL access

TG F arrival connecting to domestic TG C = officially no FCL access, however some people have been granted access in this situation.

*A F arrival connecting to TG C or *A C = no FCL access

1 guest is allowed when departing in TG F or *A F

Q: If arriving in TG F and departing in TG C the following day, will I get access to the F lounge?

A: Offically the answer is no as you need a same day ticket, however some people have been granted access in this situation. So very much a YMMV situation.

Q: If arriving in TG F and staying in BKK, is it possible to use the TG F lounge as an arrivals lounge?

A: Unfortunately this is not allowed, although exceptions have been made before. So officially it's not allowed, but there is no harm in asking.

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Spa

Link to webpage: Spa

Royal Orchid Spa at Concourse D, level 3 667 sq.m. is primarily designed to serve Royal First and Royal Silk Class passengers with full ranges of spa services.

Opening hours: 06:00 am. 11:30 pm.

General Facilities:
32 Seated Lounge Area
Healthy Snack
Hot/Cold Herbal Drink

First Class Zone Facilities:
3 Touch Of Silk Suites (Body Massage)
6 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners
2 Steam Rooms
2 Sauna Rooms
4 Shower Rooms
Toilets

Silk Class Zone Facility:
8 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners

Treatment Menu:

Touch Of Silk Massage (Full body oil massage - 60 minutes for First Class only) Ler's start your journey with a relaxing Touch of Silk full body oil massage. Delivered with the unique 'Thai touch', this massage will help to prepare your body for your onward flight by increasing blood circulation as well as relieving muscular tension and helping to provide the necessary hydration for your skin. On leaving the massage you will be left with an overall sense of well-being and total relaxation.

Neck & Shoulder Massage (30 minutes) This is a great massage for passengers who are stressed, work at the computer too much or don't relax well. Neck and shoulder problems from routine activities are among the most common area for massage therapists to address. Using specific techniques the therapist will work to loosen tight muscles around the neck and shoulders whilst simultaneously assessing how much tension is held in the body and how best to release it. You will board your flight feeling more relaxed and a little lighter on the shoulders.

Relaxing Hand Massage (30 minutes) Are your hands tired from all that clicking, driving, messaging and typing? If so, how about offering them a break and giving them a massage they truly deserve? By massaging the major channels/meridians of the arms and reflex points in the hands, this deep hand massage is designed to thoroughly release tension that accumulates in the hands and arms from our daily tasks. finishing with warm towels for both arms encourage muscle relaxation; this treatment can help to deliver a total sense of relaxation.

Relaxing Foot Massage (30 minutes) Let's help prepare your feet for your onward journey, by taking the weight of them and giving them a relaxing massage that they truly deserve. Foot massage is a well-known relaxation therapy to help take care of tired feet. With the gentle touch of the therapists' hands, a sense of overall relaxation is induced. Deeper pressure by the fingers will help to stimulate your vital organs.

Spa access rules:

TG F departure = F spa access

*A F departures = No spa access

TG C departures = C spa access

*A C departures = No spa access

TG F arrival connecting to TG C = C spa access, however some people have been offered F spa access in this scenario

No guest are allowed regardless of class of travel

Q: Is it possible to book the spa treatment in advance?

A: No. You can book at First class check-in, at the FCL or the Spa itself - they will indicate the approx waiting time if more than a few minutes.

I have had some PMs from newer members who are confused by some of the abbreviations on this post. If you need help understanding them, FT has a great tool for looking up their meanings in the FT glossary.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat

Thought with the number of FCL and Spa questions littering this board it might be worth making a sticky with all the available information and also provide a place for members to ask their questions. Please let me know if you think it is a good idea and please let me know if any of the information I have included is wrong or if you feel anything else needs to be added.

Thai Airways Royal First Class Lounge

Link to webpage: FCL
Link to pictures courtesy of lounge guide.net: FCL pictures

Royal First Lounge at Concourse D, Level 3 - 1,400 sq.m. has been allocated for Royal First Class passengers with the capacity to accommodate 134 passengers at one time.

Opening hours: 05:00 am. – 01:00 am.

Facilities:
• 2 VIP Rooms
• 6 Private Corners
• 22 Seated A-la-Carte Dining Room
• Wi-fi Internet Corner with 4 PCs
• Slumber Rooms
• Shower Suites
• Toilets with Wheelchair Accessible
• TG First Class Check-in Facility
• Smoking lounge

Lounge access rules:

TG F Arrival connecting to international TG C/Y = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to *A C = No FCL access

TG F arrival connecting to domestic TG C = officially no FCL access, however some people have been granted access in this situation.

Q: If arriving in TG F and departing in TG C the following day, will I get access to the F lounge?

A: Offically the answer is no as you need a same day ticket, however some people have been granted access in this situation. So very much a YMMV situation.

Q: If arriving in TG F and staying in BKK, is it possible to use the TG F lounge as an arrivals lounge?

A: Unfortunately this is not allowed, although exceptions have been made before. So officially it's not allowed, but there is no harm in asking.

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Spa

Link to webpage: Spa

Royal Orchid Spa at Concourse D, level 3 – 667 sq.m. is primarily designed to serve Royal First and Royal Silk Class passengers with full ranges of spa services.

Opening hours: 06:00 am. – 11:30 pm.

General Facilities:
• 32 Seated Lounge Area
• Healthy Snack
• Hot/Cold Herbal Drink

First Class Zone Facilities:
• 3 Touch Of Silk Suites (Body Massage)
• 6 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners
• 2 Steam Rooms
• 2 Sauna Rooms
• 4 Shower Rooms
• Toilets

Silk Class Zone Facility:
• 8 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners

Treatment Menu:

Touch Of Silk Massage (Full body oil massage - 60 minutes for First Class only) – Ler's start your journey with a relaxing Touch of Silk full body oil massage. Delivered with the unique 'Thai touch', this massage will help to prepare your body for your onward flight by increasing blood circulation as well as relieving muscular tension and helping to provide the necessary hydration for your skin. On leaving the massage you will be left with an overall sense of well-being and total relaxation.

Neck & Shoulder Massage (30 minutes) – This is a great massage for passengers who are stressed, work at the computer too much or don't relax well. Neck and shoulder problems from routine activities are among the most common area for massage therapists to address. Using specific techniques the therapist will work to loosen tight muscles around the neck and shoulders whilst simultaneously assessing how much tension is held in the body and how best to release it. You will board your flight feeling more relaxed and a little lighter on the shoulders.

Relaxing Hand Massage (30 minutes) – Are your hands tired from all that clicking, driving, messaging and typing? If so, how about offering them a break and giving them a massage they truly deserve? By massaging the major channels/meridians of the arms and reflex points in the hands, this deep hand massage is designed to thoroughly release tension that accumulates in the hands and arms from our daily tasks. finishing with warm towels for both arms encourage muscle relaxation; this treatment can help to deliver a total sense of relaxation.

Relaxing Foot Massage (30 minutes) – Let's help prepare your feet for your onward journey, by taking the weight of them and giving them a relaxing massage that they truly deserve. Foot massage is a well-known relaxation therapy to help take care of tired feet. With the gentle touch of the therapists' hands, a sense of overall relaxation is induced. Deeper pressure by the fingers will help to stimulate your vital organs.

Spa access rules:

TG F departure = F spa access

*A F departures = No spa access

TG C departures = C spa access

*A C departures = No spa access

TG F arrival connecting to TG C = C spa access, however some people have been offered F spa access in this scenario

No guest are allowed regardless of class of travel

A: No. You can book at First class check-in, at the FCL or the Spa itself - they will indicate the approx waiting time if more than a few minutes.

I have had some PMs from newer members who are confused by some of the abbreviations on this post. If you need help understanding them, FT has a great tool for looking up their meanings in the FT glossary.

Last edited by pogonation; Feb 25, 2014 at 3:33 pm Reason: Changed thread to show that TG F connecting to *A C does not allow passenger to use the F lounge
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Gold, BMI DC (RIP), Avios
Great Idea, much needed !

I think it would be good to add the fact you cannot book the SPA in advance, just simply turn up with your BP and register - they will indicate the approx waiting time if more than a few minutes.

I was also lucky enough to experience the Full F Massage a few years back, think it's a 1 hour session, with optional shower - might be a good idea for somebody with more recent experience to document and add the details to the 'menu' !

Well done.

Graham
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gwhiteuk
Great Idea, much needed !

I think it would be good to add the fact you cannot book the SPA in advance, just simply turn up with your BP and register - they will indicate the approx waiting time if more than a few minutes.

I was also lucky enough to experience the Full F Massage a few years back, think it's a 1 hour session, with optional shower - might be a good idea for somebody with more recent experience to document and add the details to the 'menu' !

Well done.

Graham
Good point! I have added it to the OP ^
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:09 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
You can book Massage at First Class Check in.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by pogonation

TG F Arrival connecting to international TG C/Y or *A C = FCL access (Please note that overnight connections will not be granted FCL access the following day)

A: No, simply turn up with your BP and register - they will indicate the approx waiting time if more than a few minutes.
Two things:

1) Does TG F -> *A C really get F lounge access?

1a) TG F -> TG C where the connection is 8AM has granted me morning F lounge access on several occasions. There's a more nuanced approach than what's currently stated here.

2) F spa access can be arranged from the F lounge with reports of check in also taking care of this. C spa access is on a first come first served basis.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Two things:

1) Does TG F -> *A C really get F lounge access?

1a) TG F -> TG C where the connection is 8AM has granted me morning F lounge access on several occasions. There's a more nuanced approach than what's currently stated here.

2) F spa access can be arranged from the F lounge with reports of check in also taking care of this. C spa access is on a first come first served basis.

Thanks for the feedback, I have updated the OP. I have been given F lounge access every time on LHR-BKK(TG F)-SIN(SQ C) hence I assumed this was common policy. Let me know if your experiences differ?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also worth a mention that there is a smoking lounge contained within the F lounge.

Thank you for the taking this under your wing pogonation. Nice job. ^^
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Also worth a mention that there is a smoking lounge contained within the F lounge.

Thank you for the taking this under your wing pogonation. Nice job. ^^
Sorted ^ No worries. Now all I have to do is try find a mod to make it a sticky
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorted ^ No worries. Now all I have to do is try find a mod to make it a sticky
Well, oliver2002 took this thread and made it quite boring. He might be able to help with the sticky.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:05 pm
Community Director Emerita

Now all I have to do is try find a mod to make it a sticky
I hope some day to fly Thai First and get to make use of this info. What a great resource. I've gone ahead and stickied the thread.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I hope some day to fly Thai First and get to make use of this info. What a great resource. I've gone ahead and stickied the thread.
Thanks a lot ^
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
Guesting passengers with non *A boarding pass

Hi - there will be two us departing from BKK on TG F. I understand that we can each guest one person but wanted to check some things:

1) Our friends will have Eva air (international departure) boarding passes - can they still be our guests even though not *A?
2) I am assuming they can't use the the first class check-in area with us as non *A
3) If they can be our guests, do we leave their names at the FCL reception and is it a problem if we are in the spa when they arrive?

thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rtwflyer
Hi - there will be two us departing from BKK on TG F. I understand that we can each guest one person but wanted to check some things:

1) Our friends will have Eva air (international departure) boarding passes - can they still be our guests even though not *A?
2) I am assuming they can't use the the first class check-in area with us as non *A
3) If they can be our guests, do we leave their names at the FCL reception and is it a problem if we are in the spa when they arrive?

thanks!
Guests must be in possession of a valid *A BP.

If these plans are for late next year, when EVA will possibly have been admitted to *A then you're golden.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:27 pm

I have a guest question.

I'm arriving TG F and departing intl same day TG C. I have a guest traveling with me in Y. Will I get a guest?

The "guest is allowed when departing in TG F or *A F" line is making me feel like maybe no. Would it be better to say that if you have access to the FCL then you also get a guest?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wcalvert
I have a guest question.

I'm arriving TG F and departing intl same day TG C. I have a guest traveling with me in Y. Will I get a guest?

The "guest is allowed when departing in TG F or *A F" line is making me feel like maybe no. Would it be better to say that if you have access to the FCL then you also get a guest?
Officially no but YMMV. If you ask nicely then I think you may actually have a good chance IMO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.