Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your seat assignment now

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:14 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
I have the same thing for one of my segments. In the PMCO days, when this happened, the seat map was unavailable but the seat assignments, although showing as lost, would re-appear intact once the seatmap function was restored.

This was assuming the seat assignments also existed in the new configuration if their was a plane change.

This is my first experience with this in the New United so will just have to wait and see...calling will be futile...if I can't see the seatmap...chances are high that United agents can't pull it up right now either.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I'm booked on UA248 SMF-IAD in June and it switched overnight from 319 to 320. Seats are gone and the res agent can't even pull up the seatmap. ORD-SMF on my outbound was switched from 320 to 739 but still shows the 320 seatmap.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by eagle92
I have the same thing for one of my segments. In the PMCO days, when this happened, the seat map was unavailable but the seat assignments, although showing as lost, would re-appear intact once the seatmap function was restored.

This was assuming the seat assignments also existed in the new configuration if their was a plane change.

This is my first experience with this in the New United so will just have to wait and see...calling will be futile...if I can't see the seatmap...chances are high that United agents can't pull it up right now either.
I have several ones where the seatmap is available again, but I cannot select any seats at all. Other seats show as occupied. What a mess.
Now it get's interesting ... I can select a 'coach' seats for a 'choach (A)' segment and I am trying to select a First seat it is asking me to pay up to First. What a huge mess.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
... saw this thread, decided to check on an upcoming flight... not only my seat has changed on one of the segments, but so has the confirmed upgrade!!

Yet, another change I don't like...
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:54 am

It's definitely FUBAR this morning.

Seats assignments and applying RPU's ain't happening!

I'm patiently waiting for the change (that I like) !
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Gold
I flew 8 domestic segments this week. On the 7th flight I actually made 1st class. In the excitement(not really) I failed to notice that on the 8th flight, my seat was at some point moved from E+ to E-. A questionable trade considering the 8th leg was 5x longer in flight time than the 7th.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by eagle92

That is correct, the call center agents can't see the seat map for my flights that were changed either. They said to call back in 2 hours and they may be able to see the seat maps.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by jonlibby
That is correct, the call center agents can't see the seat map for my flights that were changed either. They said to call back in 2 hours and they may be able to see the seat maps.
8 hours after I post this schedule change/seat assignment change, I still can't
see or select my seats..
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I have nothing to add except to say I feel sorry for you guys that have lost your seat assignments.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum (.43 MM)
My seat assignments have been restored - I believe to their original states. However, many of my United Economy segments (the ones that were "--"d out earlier), which are now restored, read "Coach" instead of "United Economy." My (PN) buy-up segment also still reads "Coach".
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
I had seat assignments missing like others, but this afternoon they are back and I have the same seats that I originally picked. Also, on another upcoming flight I used an RPU. One leg of the trip cleared immediately and one was waitlisted (about three weeks ago). The waitlisted leg cleared into F today.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
mine are slowly coming back. Is someone going in manually? It looks like 1 seat per hour is coming back.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
Originally Posted by cfischer
mine are slowly coming back. Is someone going in manually? It looks like 1 seat per hour is coming back.
I am observing the same thing. Two of my future flights have an aircraft change and the seat assignments for those flights disappeared since last night. But, it has just reappeared. ^
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Because of this thread, I decided to check on the seat assignments for my family's trip to India in July. I am glad I checked because they were all messed up with seats having moved around the cabin. Due to the fact that the flight is not for a few months, I was able to restore our original seat assignments.

Thanks United.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum (.43 MM)
Actually, my seat assignment (2A) has been restored on a buy-up-to-F segment, but when I go to "View/Change Seat", the "United Economy" tab is active. Y seats are selectable, and hovering over F seats (other than 2A) pops up text about upgrading for $, so I have a F assignment but am in Y as far as PSS is concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.