Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your seat assignment now

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
Happened to me again last night. 11:30, all was good. This morning, I'd lost 6 flights worth of assignments. Including my 3 and 5 year old sons being separated on a flight tomorrow morning. I got most of them back, and then upgraded on the others.

This system sucks.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Flew sin to nrt this morning. From the time I left my condo, until I arrived at airport to checkin, I went from exit row to 53D;(. Original seat had already been reassigned, but agent, to his credit, gave it back to me. Couldn't explain why it happened.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1k,Marriott LT PLT, Hilton Diamond /HYATT Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec
Lost 4 seats with family on Saturday. Two were unfortunately pushed back to E- but at least together.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I've been luckier than many re seat reassignments, in that no disasters. Still, I'm finding that the system regularly reassigns me to some seat other than what I've booked. Fortunately, I've been able to correct it back to what I want or something very similar, but it does mean having to regularly recheck the seat assignments now whereas before I rarely had to deal with this.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
All these examples so far are why I check all of my upcoming reservations at least twice a day.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/DL
move to 1st page.

Last edited by pigx5; Mar 24, 2012 at 3:21 pm Reason: move to 1st page.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Had a message there was system maintenance. Some of my seat assignments are gone and it wont let me select seats. My Y-ups to JN show that they will earn 0 miles and one even lists JN but has me in coach
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Ahhhh Damn it! You got to be kidding me....

Saw this tread on the top so decided to re-check all my reservations (do this on a daily basis becuase of all these screw ups of our great newUA).

Sure enough, 3 of mine lost my seats (UG'ed with R inventory). Can't acsess new seat maps of nothing.

I'm so mad after all these countless times wasted calling the 1K line I feel like screaming
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Saw this thread and checked my itins... schedule changes, all seats gone and seat maps not showing for 3/4 of flights
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by wendyhamburger
Saw this thread and checked my itins... schedule changes, all seats gone and seat maps not showing for 3/4 of flights
Same problem here, all seats for upcoming DEN-BWI trip are gone and seat maps are not available for either flight
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I have an upcoming trip next month. Was out of town/out of touch and came back to find that all seat assignments were gone - so was the last leg of my trip. There was a warning message - something about calling customer service because my ticket had to be reissued.

Good news: I got my seat assignments back on three legs. Bad news: my seat was gone (and so were many others open when I booked the ticket) on the final leg. (sigh).

Now I've joined the ranks of those checking seat assignments (and flights!) every day.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Fo sho, I was a victim of the seat thief last night. Cant get them back @ the moment as some of the flights won't show seat maps. Not so worried as I think it dumped assignments for the whole plane.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:55 am

The same (or another?) seat thief stole my seats too.
No seat map. No way to get back the seats.

This sucks!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Same thing. Schedule changes = seats lost. Also upgrades showing PN Coach and R Coach. Unreal
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
What the f...

5 segments showing no seats right now. All of them in A or F. No way to select seats for any of these segments
7 segements w/ schedule changes and after confirming ALL seats are gone. Is UA losing it right now? Some of them I could re-select, but they are not sticking. This is unreal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.