Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your seat assignment now

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
This just happened to me as well -- wife and I are both 1K traveling with an infant in her own seat. There is a huge thread on here about this, but cant find it.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rcleclaire
Ever since the integration, I've been having issues with EMB120 UX eqpt and specifically Row 9, seats B & C. Today, I checked in for a flight tomorrow morning and my 9B seat I've had for months and months was gone and I was put back in row 11 (the seat across the back of the bus). Calling the 1K 1Call didn't help. The agent there was rude and told me that I have a seat, so I shouldn't be upset.

I don't generally request exit rows, except on the EMB120. These are definitely the best seats in the house on that eqpt.

Anyone else been having issues like this ... and are there any suggestions for how to remedy this for the future?

(The agent's supervisor on 1K 1Call told me that "Mr Smisek is well aware that 1K members are losing their seats and is working very hard to fix this." Uh ... yeah.
While I'm not sure why it messes with your Row 9 seating, I do know that for EMB120 flights, their put into the system as a general configuration and then 24 hours before departure once they know what aircraft is working the flight they adjust the seat map accordingly. If I recall correctly, there are two different EMB120 configurations - one with the galley in front, the other with the galley in back.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:29 am

I've commented on the same issue in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nment-now.html

See posts 190 and 194.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:08 am

Traveling with a lap infant this weekend...had seats 1A/1B for my wife and I, and 2A/2B for my parents, back to back...for a reason.

Logged in this morning just to check everything after reading all the stories on here and saw my seats were moved. Parents stayed the same. My wife and I were separated....got us back together but in 1E/1/F. 1B is taken as is 2E/2F. Flying with our infant for the first time...booked these flights about 6 months ago.

Agent tried blaming a schedule change, which is a lie. Then tried blaming an aircraft change, which is a lie. No explanation given to why our seats were reassigned. Told I needed to ask at the airport. At this point, should I select 1A and 1E? And hope 1B will switch seats with me? It's ridiculous that in 2012, these are my options.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by downright

should I select 1A and 1E? And hope 1B will switch seats with me?
That's what I would do. I can't imagine that 1B would RATHER sit with you / infant than a random stranger in 1F. Against his/her best interests, IMO.

Dave
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Agent tried blaming a schedule change, which is a lie. Then tried blaming an aircraft change, which is a lie. No explanation given to why our seats were reassigned. Told I needed to ask at the airport. At this point, should I select 1A and 1E? And hope 1B will switch seats with me? It's ridiculous that in 2012, these are my options.
We have yet to see any UAI insight into this issue, quite unfortunate

I'd take 1A/1E, and I bet 1B won't have any issue switching - right across the aisle, same legroom situation
Old Sep 21, 2012, 2:35 pm
RNE

TSMRSRNE and I choose the first row of first class because, well, we're better than you. But, anyway, when picking front row seats I avoid 1A&B with the understanding that those seats are subject to reassignment to passengers with special needs and federal Air Marshals, whereas 1E&F are usually not.

As for those who blithely suppose the occupant of 1B would be happy to move, let me rain on that parade by supposing that this is not at all necessarily the case. 1B may stay put, regardless of any "threat by baby."

RNE, failing to see why 1E&F is such a let down to you. True, your parents won't be right behind you, but they're just over your shoulder and you and your wife will be seated side by side with your baby, which is what you want, right?! Why is there a problem at all? What's your fixation with 1A&B?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
TSMRSRNE and I choose the first row of first class because, well, we're better than you. But, anyway, when picking front row seats I avoid 1A&B with the understanding that those seats are subject to reassignment to passengers with special needs and federal Air Marshals, whereas 1E&F are usually not.

As for those who blithely suppose the occupant of 1B would be happy to move, let me rain on that parade by supposing that this is not at all necessarily the case. 1B may stay put, regardless of any "threat by baby."

RNE, failing to see why 1E&F is such a let down to you. True, your parents won't be right behind you, but they're just over your shoulder and you and your wife will be seated side by side with your baby, which is what you want, right?! Why is there a problem at all? What's your fixation with 1A&B?
You are right, not fixated on 1A/1B, just was thinking we would be able to utilize their under seat storage (as in they can hand us things if needed) on take off and landing. 1E/1F should suit us fine.

I'm more annoyed that I booked these flights almost 6 months ago...and 2 days before the flight, whoops, my seats are changed without any explanation. I do understand that I am not paying for that specific seat, only that class of service, but after paying for a business class seat, yeah, I do want to sit in the seat I reserved.

The simple question I posed to the agent was, "You removed myself and my wife from our seats without our approval and without any notification. Why can't you remove whoever is in 1B in the same manner"? Doesn't seem overly complicated to me.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 2:59 pm

Two tickets booked for my parents. The third segment shows 1A & 1B on the manifest.

Frequent Flyer Seats
UA-DS37XXXX Premier Platinum / *G 4A/10B/1A/12B
UA-DS37XXXX Premier Platinum / *G 4B/10C/1B/12C

Online it shows Dad in 1A and Mom in 21E. The help line (which strangely picks up with a human instantly) service center people all say they are in 1A & B.....

What a PITA. I can't wait to hear the complaints & worry about not being seated together....
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:28 pm
RNE

The simple question I posed to the agent was, "You removed myself and my wife from our seats without our approval and without any notification. Why can't you remove whoever is in 1B in the same manner"? Doesn't seem overly complicated to me.
If it is an Air Marshal that they put into 1B, the UA cyborgs are not allowed to tell you. Anyway, a tendency to reassign 1B is why the missus and I avoid 1A&B.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by RNE
let me rain on that parade by supposing that this is not at all necessarily the case. 1B may stay put, regardless of any "threat by baby."
You are, if nothing else RNE - quite right. The occupant of 1B could be a miscreant, a dupe, a misanthrope, or any manner of rougue pax.

IME, however, as one who has flown many millions of miles on a number of airlines, I suspect that the occupant of 1B - having chosen this seat for the comfort and quiet which F class surely provides - is UNLIKELY to wish to subject him/herself to the nuances of a crying baby.

Your experience might be different. In that case, I wish you all the best.

Dave
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yet another variant - had 1a reserved for my JN code flight for Sunday, when checking the seat map in the iPhone app my seat number was magically reassigned to 8a, my pre-UG E+ seat. The listing still shows first class, but both the app and the web show the economy class seat. I called and the agents see 1a. Any guesses what will happen when I check in???
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:00 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by bseller
You are, if nothing else RNE - quite right. The occupant of 1B could be a miscreant, a dupe, a misanthrope, or any manner of rougue pax.
Nowhere in FC is safe from a screaming baby therein (no offense, downright), so the 1B usurper wouldn't fare better elsewhere in FC. Thus, the infant is no compelling cause to move. Furthermore if said usurper is an Air Marshal, he/she is not going to move for any reason.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:58 am

So the seating chart online still doesn't match the manifest. On the manifest everybody is in F but still can't get the seating chart to reflect the right seats. Are they ever going to fix this bug?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.