Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your seat assignment now

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Is BF rows 1-9 now? If so, that's a PMUA 763 Ghetto Bird that's getting re-configured with BF seats and, I'm guessing, PMCO Y.
No only BF rows 1-6. E+ is row 16-22 (with 21 and 22 exit rows) and E (23-42). No galley and toilets in the middle of the aircraft, like the Ghetto Bird has.

Any other reports on this new configuration?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:29 pm

Downgraded

Jan 20, 12, 9:40 pm #125
UA Insider
Company Representative

Originally Posted by TomKozski
Unfortunately after being a 1K for a few years, I'll now be a 2P (Premier Silver) for 2012. I'm about to book some international leisure travel for May/June for myself and a friend. With 2Ps unable to reserve E+ seating in advance in 2012, should I risk reserving E+ seats now, taking advantage of my current extended 1K status, or reserve regular economy seats, minimizing the risk of getting booted from E+ during a sweep and having only middle seats in regular E available when that happens?

Technically Premier Silvers will still be entitled to E+, but only at check-in. Would my E+ seats be 'grandfathered' in?

"Hi TomKozski, just to confirm, you can indeed assign seats now in Economy Plus for travel after March 3rd based on your status, and, they won’t be taken away.

Shannon"

Unfortunately, we believed that our E+ seats booked prior to 3/3/2012 would be retained. This weekend's "sweep" knocked us back to E- seats on our future itineraries. We can pay to recoup those E+ seats if we want them. Or we can choose to fly an airline that will honor our seat assignments paid for at the time of booking (not United).
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Originally Posted by fivesixseven
No only BF rows 1-6. E+ is row 16-22 (with 21 and 22 exit rows) and E (23-42). No galley and toilets in the middle of the aircraft, like the Ghetto Bird has.

Any other reports on this new configuration?
Can you share the date and flight number?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
My wife and I, both 1Ks, had to to in today to and reclaim our exit row seats on a number of UX flights - annoying as heck.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by mander
My wife and I, both 1Ks, had to to in today to and reclaim our exit row seats on a number of UX flights - annoying as heck.
Just think yourself lucky that you were able to. To say that this is a POS is understating it. I have written to $misek to say that this arbitrary messing around of seats and the subsequent lottery that you can be placed anywhere is beyond belief, let alone the fact that the seat map software is not fit for purpose, that it has to be followed up with a phone call to try and inject some sanity/stress relief where you are told different to what you can plainly see on the seat map online is just crap. I am not holding my breath on a reply.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by alpinesta
Jan 20, 12, 9:40 pm #125
UA Insider
Company Representative

Originally Posted by TomKozski
Unfortunately after being a 1K for a few years, I'll now be a 2P (Premier Silver) for 2012. I'm about to book some international leisure travel for May/June for myself and a friend. With 2Ps unable to reserve E+ seating in advance in 2012, should I risk reserving E+ seats now, taking advantage of my current extended 1K status, or reserve regular economy seats, minimizing the risk of getting booted from E+ during a sweep and having only middle seats in regular E available when that happens?

Technically Premier Silvers will still be entitled to E+, but only at check-in. Would my E+ seats be 'grandfathered' in?

"Hi TomKozski, just to confirm, you can indeed assign seats now in Economy Plus for travel after March 3rd based on your status, and, they won’t be taken away.

Shannon"

Unfortunately, we believed that our E+ seats booked prior to 3/3/2012 would be retained. This weekend's "sweep" knocked us back to E- seats on our future itineraries. We can pay to recoup those E+ seats if we want them. Or we can choose to fly an airline that will honor our seat assignments paid for at the time of booking (not United).
I have posted this in the integration thread... I am in the same boat, and I am sad I have lost my E+ on a MEL-LAX (ahhh!)

Further more I can NOT pick even a E- seat at the moment.. just aint working... I can pick one for MEL-SYD but not SYD-LAX

I am waitlisted for C (GPU) I wonder if this is causing this?

btw Yet to get a reply for PM to UA insider.. but no sweat as this is a minor issue (until I am middle of row in E-)
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:27 pm

Random seat assignment

I booked 4 seats (A, B, C, D) and paid E+ from ORD to SFO on 5/27. I discovered today that I was moved from A to the D seat in next row.

I want to get my old seat back to stay with my family in the same row but it will cost me another $44 to move my seat. I probably will just pay to avoid the hassle of calling UA.

I think it may be due to my seat preference in my profile that they move me out of the window seat but leave the rest of the seats of my family members alone.

The UA IT system really sucks! Where is QA?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:13 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
The weekly schedule changes are in force again...
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by eagle92
Tell me about it. Out of my 7 future reservations, 4 of them have schedule/plane changes, and I've lost my exit row seats on about 75% of my flights (including my exit row on LHR-IAD!!). Not only that, but 2/3 of those don't have a seat map available to try to rebook my seats . <sigh>
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by GMUJD06
Tell me about it. Out of my 7 future reservations, 4 of them have schedule/plane changes, and I've lost my exit row seats on about 75% of my flights (including my exit row on LHR-IAD!!). Not only that, but 2/3 of those don't have a seat map available to try to rebook my seats . <sigh>
Booked a flight yesterday for 2/26/2013 and selected my seats. Pulled the trigger and received a message "Seat selections are not available at this time, please select you seats when you check in"!

Called for another reason to have my wife's FF# updated to 1K , on several future itins, and asked about this --- Very honest and nice 1K res agent stated that the seat assignment feature is kaput and should be fixed very soon.

So I've got that going for me!!!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Booked a flight yesterday for 2/26/2013 and selected my seats. Pulled the trigger and received a message "Seat selections are not available at this time, please select you seats when you check in"!
I got the same message, called the (previously) 1K desk and got a helpful agent. He came back after speaking with another dept and told me this weekend there is a scheduled to be a huge aircraft reassignment to flights and suggest I just wait to Monday and encouraged me check all my reservations.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by eagle92
This is making me crazy. Everytime I look, the equipment/schedule/seats have changed. It took me two hours to clean up problems last weekend, I look this morning and yet again it's a mess.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by 6rugrats
This is making me crazy. Everytime I look, the equipment/schedule/seats have changed. It took me two hours to clean up problems last weekend, I look this morning and yet again it's a mess.
Hi 6rugrats

Well this Saturday I only had 2 flights they screwed with, I thik this is progress and might only spend an hour on the phone with the newUA this weekend
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
More changes for me this morning, too. Lost all four seats on the itinerary, could not restore them, nor could the 1k desk. Seat map shows all seats empty.

I guess I need to keep checking.

Friday night must be the night for causing problems. What the heck are they doing?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by AZjohns
Hi 6rugrats

Well this Saturday I only had 2 flights they screwed with, I thik this is progress and might only spend an hour on the phone with the newUA this weekend
Hi stranger!

I couldn't even fix anything last weekend, and neither could the agent or her supervisor. I have flights now showing me booked into the incorrect class and no available seat charts with which to check the seat assignments.

An award booking I spent hours researching and making for my mom now has thrown her into coach on a regional jet, which I didn't want.

This is really messing with my OCD tendencies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.