Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your seat assignment now

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
As I mentioned over at the Check Your Seat Assignment Now thread, I may be living through this for an 8PM flight tonight from BOS-ORD.

Ticketed in one seat (E-), re-assigned myself to second seat (E+), saw assignments in the last 48 hours in two other seats (neither of which I originated and on a subsequent log-in would me back in second assigned seat), and started in a fifth seat (E-) during OLCI. I have a electronic and a paper BP that says I'm in yet another E+ seat.

Probably should plan on getting to BOS a little early tonight...just in case.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:32 am

Angry seat assignments broken for a week ... help?

I made a reservation a couple of weeks ago via my corporate agent. It didn't let me reserve elite seating for some reason, and when I tried to do it online, neither the UA or CO site would let me see everything (eg CO showed a flight with a change of planes as a single leg). I spoke with an agent and was assured I had all my seats.

Last weekend I noticed the merged site so wanted to check my reservation. I had lost several seat assignments entirely. Was able to change 3 of my 4 legs, but one of them has had problems for a full week. It shows me as assigned to seat 9F on a flight that the seatmap shows no row 9. It won't let me cilck on the blue seats to get a good seat, and while it will let me change to a white seat in the back, that change doesn't actually stick -- it always shows as 9F.

I called UA last weekend and they had the same problem themselves and could only suggest I take care of it "at the airport". ...? I should show up and have no seat at all, or a middle seat, after getting elite seating a month in advance? I've tried online daily ever since... no change. Tried to call an agent today; when it transfers to an agent I get a busy signal.

I'm sure many UA fliers this week would agree this is no way to run an airline.

Apologies if this is covered someplace but with 110 pages in the consolidation thread it's hard even to see if this is specifically mentioned other than the summary saying there are issues.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:48 am

Try calling again.

I had a similar problem yesterday, ticket bought through travel agent with my new FF# on it. I couldn't select exit rows and it was trying to charge me for E+ on .bomb v2.0. My coworker also bought a separate ticket on same flights and was able to select exit and E+ online. I called and got through to the ICC. The agent first tried to charge me for E+, then he realized something was up. I had the agent remove my FF# and reapply it and he was able to select E+ seats for me but not exit rows as he said they were full. I logged back on and exit rows were completely empty and I was able to select any seat and my selections have stuck.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: United 1k SPG Platinum Marriott lifetime Titanium
moved 1k from window seat to middle seat

I booked my flight to DEN about 4 weeks ago and was able to choose 11a . Just logged into my account to check on my flight since I will be leaving this Monday and my original seat assignment is gone and now I am stuck in the middle seat 11e. Called customer service and after the long prompts finally get a live person and WOW just the customer service was REALLY BAAAAAADDDD. She didn't seem to care just stating that with this merger things are very hectic. Where has the true UNITED gone?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by jocelynt
I booked my flight to DEN about 4 weeks ago and was able to choose 11a . Just logged into my account to check on my flight since I will be leaving this Monday and my original seat assignment is gone and now I am stuck in the middle seat 11e. Called customer service and after the long prompts finally get a live person and WOW just the customer service was REALLY BAAAAAADDDD. She didn't seem to care just stating that with this merger things are very hectic. Where has the true UNITED gone?
How on earth they can put a 1K in a middle seat is beyond me. It really is a crap "merger".
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
All of mine were gone too except for the last leg of my return fight. Called 1k at midnight HST and got right through. Ended up in E- on the LAX-IAD leg.
Oh well, hope it gets fixed soon...
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:08 am

thanks

I'll try that trick.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:35 pm

Angry Seating under airport control (a week in advance)?

This is my first foray into the Bizzarro world of the New United.

I have a long trip next week punctuated with an IAH-PHL leg. Tonight when checking on my itinerary online, I saw that all of my flights were fine except the final leg. Not only was my seat assignment wiped out but the seat map for the aircraft wasn't even available.

After the requisite 45 minute hold time, an agent came on and told me that my seat would be assigned at the airport. I tried to explain that I had a seat assignment already. But her answer was that the seating is listed as being under airport control and there was nothing she could do.

Did a flight with plenty of available seats suddenly get oversold and closed? I'm not sure what is happening here.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mr_edward_p

I have a long trip next week punctuated with an IAH-PHL leg. Tonight when checking on my itinerary online, I saw that all of my flights were fine except the final leg. Not only was my seat assignment wiped out but the seat map for the aircraft wasn't even available.

After the requisite 45 minute hold time, an agent came on and told me that my seat would be assigned at the airport. I tried to explain that I had a seat assignment already. But her answer was that the seating is listed as being under airport control and there was nothing she could do.

Did a flight with plenty of available seats suddenly get oversold and closed? I'm not sure what is happening here.
Sounds like this post should get lumped into the "check your itineraries" thread
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:44 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Sounds like this post should get lumped into the "check your itineraries" thread

For the bemefit of the OP, I will mention that there was a report of a massive schedule chamge blitz to occur this weekend, and the "symptoms" you described, sound like your reservation is in the middle of it. Give it till midday tomorrow, and check it again. This should fix itself.

And, this doesn't mean your flight is going to be majorly affected, it could be that there is jjust a few minute difference, or even something as minor as a flight number change.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:47 pm

not sure if this is the cause of your pain but UA had indicated in their merger update that some seat assignment were lost as they merged their computer systems and they were trying fix them.

check again in a couple of days..hopefully they will restore it.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:10 pm

Don't have much choice but to hang in there and wait.

It's bad enough I can't choose an E+ seat until check-in anymore. Hoping that I'm not stuck in a middle all the way home.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:19 pm

Do you have any elite status with United? Did you try to hang up and call again?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This sounds a lot like the way the overseas PMUA call centers dealt with technical issues that they did not have the training to resolve. Hang up and try again.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
Do you have any elite status with United? Did you try to hang up and call again?
Premier Silver. I didn't call back. Don't really have the patience to spend time on hold. I'll check in the morning and give them another ring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.