Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your seat assignment now

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Lost an E+ seat assignment for ORD-BOS tomorrow night and the seatmap won't let me click on the many open seats in E+... only F or E-.

Oddly, last night on .bomb my SEA-ORD-BOS was showing up twice, once in Y class with E+ seats, once in NF with a "Waitlisted" notation.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I called and they fixed it. When he pulled it up he said "you are in first class", but there was no indication on the website.

One issue is that I can't select seats in the upgraded cabin. Nor could the (Continental) agent. So the system auto assigns into the first available seat.

In my case 1B on the 757, which I had chosen earlier and 8J on the (old config) 777 second leg of the flight. If I click on another seat then the system tells me that "Upgrades may be available. You will be taken to view applicable pricing".

The agent I spoke to was "Continental" and told me that he would call over to "United" to change the second seat assignment after I hung up.

So if you are upgraded then there are issues.........
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
One new benefit for me was that I was able to instantly upgrade from one Y and one M fare on two upcoming segments. It took me a few minutes to figure it out. You have to accept the instant upgrade and then go back in to assign yourself a seat in first.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis President; Marriott Platinum
I called about my missing seats, said I had a 3 minute wait which turned to into over 20 and ended up in a standard queue instead of the 1K desk. The CSR appeared clueless and said my flight is being changed to a direct soon so thats why i don't have seats. Im like UA doesn't fly direct on that route. I'll wait for the dust to settle and call back again with the hopes that my original seats are still available.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by Billiken
Seat assignments for all flights are as they were yesterday. ^
Ditto. ^

Most of my flights were on PMUA, revenue booked via PMUA website.

One was a mixed PMUA itinerary booked via PMUA website.
One was an all PMUA itinerary booked via thrid party website (corporate travel site).
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
I have 3 itineraries in my PMCO account and all 3 were fine. My wife has 1 itinerary in her PMUA account and it transferred fine to the new system.

It would be very interesting to sit in on the Lessons Learned post mortem for this transition.

I'm certainly not trying to rub it in that we had no issues and hope everyone with issues reaches resolution.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: None - previously UA
For those who assigned new seats you may want to log out and log back in to check your new seat assignment sticks...
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:44 am
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Paid business, 1/2 seat assignments from a roundtrip LAX-LHR made it over. There was no seat assignment on the return and the seat I selected was now showing unavailable. I selected a new seat, but not too happy about it.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Thumbs down

I lost my exit row 21D seat that I booked two months ago IAD-AMS on a flight I booked specifically because of its aircraft type and available seat 21D.

Now, there are only middle seats avail in Economy Plus. Great job, United. Great job. Absolutely infuriating that I can't sit in my reserved exit row seat across the Atlantic because they lost it and someone else was able to take it.

... United?

Lost exit row seats on another intinerary as well GSO-IAH-GSO, but was able to reselect them, presumably because someone else hadn't logged in to check their seats for those flights yet...

So, United royally screwed up and not only allowed people to lose their seats, but allowed other people who logged in first to take the seats others lost, so anyone who logged in first and got "better seats" most likely took the seats everyone else lost.

Congrats on that, I suppose.

Also, the hold times for calling in are atrocious, I found this thread after waiting on hold for 20 minutes. Thank god I'm not actually flying today, seems like a nightmare of a day.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 3, 2012 at 3:14 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
All my seats still intact no change for this coming flight and next flight in two weeks
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: UA
Lost original exit row seat. Was not able to select any other open E+ seats on the second leg of a direct flight. Called CS, was not able to assign seat either. Asked to call back later today or tomorrow.

Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:56 am

Bumped from exit row seats

Headed IAD-CDG Wednesday on what had been a Continental flight and found when compulsively checking flights this morning that we had been bumped from our exit row seats---even though they were still reserved for us as of yesterday on old United.com. Wait time on phone, even on premier line, 45 mins so went ahead and chose other, less desirable seats on-line---what choice did I have? What SEEMS to have happened is that with the transfer the seat reservation reverted to what it had been months ago---taking rows 8DEF and 21DEF totally out of commission for god knows what reason. After a few weeks then-CO opened those rows up and we could claim the seats. Now we seem to be back where we were months ago. CSA on the phone months ago no help because to them seats show as booked. If they know better they're not telling.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
All 7 reservations I have look fine to me, even seats on US.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
My seat assignments for March 9 were still intact. However, other seats on the flights opened since yesterday and I was able to snag them.

I apologize if they were your seats.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E
I have a group of 8 people flying YYZ-DEN-HNL and return. All seat assignments are missing when I look at the reservation today. Some flights show seats scattered around the back of the plane and others show no seats available.

I'm waiting on hold (22 minutes now) to talk to an agent. I've got a very bad feeling about this...

Originally Posted by jtcanuck
I have a group of 8 people flying YYZ-DEN-HNL and return. All seat assignments are missing when I look at the reservation today. Some flights show seats scattered around the back of the plane and others show no seats available.

I'm waiting on hold (22 minutes now) to talk to an agent. I've got a very bad feeling about this...
Finally got an operator who told me he could not handle international flight. He transferred me, I went through all the automated BS again and then the system hung up on me. I've called back and am on hold again.

The bad feeling is getting much worse...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 3, 2012 at 3:15 pm Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.