Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
3/15 - 3/18 SFO-LHR 19A both ways unaffected. ^
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by CMK10
No issues here on my upcoming trip ^
Well I hope that doesn't come back to bite you ! Talk about tempting fate !

Originally Posted by Javan69
3/15 - 3/18 SFO-LHR 19A both ways unaffected. ^
At the moment.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 6, 2012 at 3:04 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA - Silver and dropping...
7 hr flight from DUB - EWR... exit row seats lost and was put in 38a/b (SO and myself). What's worse.. there were e+ seats available and the GA & the FA wouldn't let me sit in them without paying additional (I'm a Premier Gold)... GA also tried to tell me I never had exit row, while I was showing her my PRINTED ITINERARY.

7hrs in a rear coach seat with 8 open e+ seats.. I was fuming the whole way home....
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeIsAudiHereUnlessHesFlying
7 hr flight from DUB - EWR... exit row seats lost and was put in 38a/b (SO and myself). What's worse.. there were e+ seats available and the GA & the FA wouldn't let me sit in them without paying additional (I'm a Premier Gold)... GA also tried to tell me I never had exit row, while I was showing her my PRINTED ITINERARY.

7hrs in a rear coach seat with 8 open e+ seats.. I was fuming the whole way home....
Yes, I have had that before the merger too. They look at you with disdain as though you could be arsed to have photoshopped it.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:23 pm

EWR - LHR 3/8 - 3/12 My exit row reservations had disappeared totally. Managed to reinstate an equivalent one, not so lucky with the other
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Well I hope that doesn't come back to bite you ! Talk about tempting fate !
I hope so too but as the routing is RDU-IAD-BUF, and IAD-BUF is a CRJ-200 where every seat is essentially the same, there's only so much even $misek can do
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I hope so too but as the routing is RDU-IAD-BUF, and IAD-BUF is a CRJ-200 where every seat is essentially the same, there's only so much even $misek can do
I think you are underestimating him
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, SW
Premier Silver - No Rights

I am premier silver. I had four tickets in E+ reserved for LAX to Rome in late May. After the merger, I noticed that I lost the two seats on the return, but still had E+ on the outbound. Since Silvers can't reserve E* seats for free until 24 hours out, the agent told me I had to pay for the inbound E+. Supposedly, I can get a refund if I am upgraded to Business. Somehow, I feel like I will be stuck in E- in a middle seat for 14 hours!

Even if you have seats assigned, the agent told me to keep watching. The screwing of the Premier Silvers mean that any of your premerger E+ seats are subject to cancelation.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
I think the new system is still having some issues.

I'm scheduled to fly ORD-BOS this evening. When the flight was ticketed on Mon Feb 27, I was listed in seat 37A on this A320. Around 48 hours ago, I snagged seat 7A. In one of my various checks to see if I could improve on that seating, I was listed once in 21B and once in 34D. Last night when I did OLCI though the app, I was shown in 37D. During OLCI, I was able to grab 7D.

Not sure where those other seat assignments came from. I made sure when I got to the office this morning to print a hard-copy BP. I still expect an issue when I get to BOS.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, HHonors Gold
Had a similar problem with our award ticket from DCA-HNL booked in first had seats and after the conversion they went away and it was showing Coach(O) fare. However the return OGG-DCA retained our seat assignments.

Called up Saturday morning (in a mild panic as these are for our honeymoon! ) and after waiting on hold for about 30min was told that the ticket was still a First ticket but he couldn't reserve seats and to wait 72 hrs. Checked yesterday, still no seats, still showing Coach(O), so I called again and spoke with someone again. She said that it was still showing in First but that it wouldn't let her select the seats either and thought it had something to do with how they loaded the aircraft into the system. She said she needed to call over to a different desk but the wait times were approx 30 min, so she'd hang up with me and fix it for me.

Sure enough checked online later that night and it was showing 2A&B! ^
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Web Seat Differs from Actual Seat?

I'm on a flight on 3/10 from SFO-EWR. Ever since I bought the ticket and through yesterday, I was in 1B. This morning, the website said I was in 6F

I called the 1K line, and the agent saw the same thing I did. She called the airport, and they said that I really am in 1B. No one could answer why it is showing this way. I really wonder what seat I'll be in. If it really is 6F, I'll be furious. (Given the CS fiasco's over the last several days, the agent also picked the wrong day to tell me that I'm not guaranteed a particular seat...)

Has anyone seen a similar situation lately?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
Aircraft change or just a flat out seat change?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mike_plat
I'm on a flight on 3/10 from SFO-EWR. Ever since I bought the ticket and through yesterday, I was in 1B. This morning, the website said I was in 6F

I called the 1K line, and the agent saw the same thing I did. She called the airport, and they said that I really am in 1B. No one could answer why it is showing this way. I really wonder what seat I'll be in. If it really is 6F, I'll be furious. (Given the CS fiasco's over the last several days, the agent also picked the wrong day to tell me that I'm not guaranteed a particular seat...)

Has anyone seen a similar situation lately?
Yeah, had this happen today. Was booked in 8K on 3 class 777. Saw 7A opened up and wanted to switch. The website (reservation) accepted my seat change but after 15 minutes showed I was in 8K still. Today, when I went to OLCI, it shows me correctly in 7A. My guess is that you will be in 1B.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by bsmnsr
Aircraft change or just a flat out seat change?
Aircraft is still showing as a 757-200. Seat map also shows that row 2 is an exit row???
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:44 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Same thing happened to me; even worse, it showed me in a random 3rd seat (not the original one selected nor the new one). Got to the airport and I was in the new one. Odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.