Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your seat assignment now

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Ugh. This is one of those moments when I wonder why I live in MSP, but continue to religiously fly UA (1k for 11 of last 12 years) and not just go to the dark side (Delta)..

PEK to SFO on the 17th. Had exit window, now all that's left in E+ is middles. I'm not happy at all about this, especially since I picked my routings in large part to ensure / reserve seats I could live with (and a fighting shot at using a SWU).

On the 1k line, the person I spoke with upon explaining my problem (nicely) simply said, 'We've been seeing this happen too. What do you expect me to do about it?' Nice way to start the combined airline.

Funny thing is, I now have the seat next to the original (exit row middle), so I will know exactly who stole my seat (not that it's their fault- If I saw a good seat open, I'd jump on it as well).
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Just checked ours. Our award flights on LH metal are fine, seats intact, which doesn't surprise me - I doubt United would reach into the LH system and mess with theirs (but wanted to be sure).

I checked my mileage balance and it's correct.
I checked my wife's mileage balance, and it's quite wrong.

I had gone in and "linked" my UA and CO accounts back late in 2011. I had also transferred all but about 25 miles from CO to UA. That all appeared to be handled smoothly.

My wife's two accounts had *not* been "linked" before the cutoff date (I tried after the cutoff but was unable to do it). But her accounts were detected as belonging to the same person (I assume) because I was able to transfer all her CO miles into her UA account, leaving behind 23 miles in the CO account.

Today, when I logged into dot bomb, I used my (old UA) MP number. It showed the correct number of miles.
When I logged if to dot bomb for my wife, I also used her (old UA) MP number, but it came up showing her CO MP/OP number, and only showed the 23 miles that we left in her CO account.

I note that on their page it says not to worry, that it may take up to 72 hours for the data to fully populate, and that all data is safe. I'm not especially concerned (yet), but will be checking carefully in the next few days to ensure she is credited with all her miles from both programs. We'll see.

Originally Posted by paulyras
On the 1k line, the person I spoke with upon explaining my problem (nicely) simply said, 'We've been seeing this happen too. What do you expect me to do about it?' Nice way to start the combined airline.
I'd assume it was not a rhetorical question (even though it surely was), and I'd reply saying that I expected the seat I had chosen, or if that's unavailable, a better seat of my choice in the same class, and if that's unavailable, I'd expect a seat of their choice in a better class. If they were unable or unwilling to do that, since it was their mistake, I'd tell them that I expected significant compensation in the form of a travel voucher or a big sack of miles, and oh yeah, I'd like to speak to your supervisor when we're done.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 3, 2012 at 3:14 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E
Originally Posted by jtcanuck
Finally got an operator who told me he could not handle international flight. He transferred me, I went through all the automated BS again and then the system hung up on me. I've called back and am on hold again.

The bad feeling is getting much worse...
Still waiting on hold - closing in on two hours and two hangups by United phone system now ....
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
If they were unable or unwilling to do that, since it was their mistake, I'd tell them that I expected significant compensation in the form of a travel voucher or a big sack of miles, and oh yeah, I'd like to speak to your supervisor when we're done.
You won't get anything and the supervisor might be worse.

Still waiting on hold - closing in on two hours and two hangups by United phone system now ....
Good luck!!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:03 pm

same thing

lost most all my seats assignments. talked to res agent and supervisor. I was told you don't by a specific seat, and no we won't reassign it to you because you are only a premier member not a premier gold. Never thought that they would act so poorly rather than work through the whole mess. So much for 25 years of loyalty to United.. Live in Chicago, United you may have been my hometown airline... but maybe your telling me to move to Texas!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by travelcarr
lost most all my seats assignments. talked to res agent and supervisor. I was told you don't by a specific seat, and no we won't reassign it to you because you are only a premier member not a premier gold. Never thought that they would act so poorly rather than work through the whole mess. So much for 25 years of loyalty to United.. Live in Chicago, United you may have been my hometown airline... but maybe your telling me to move to Texas!
Don't feel bad as they treat me the same as I am 1K.
When I called last night, they said I was not qualify to sit in exit row.

No no...they are just sending message that there is another
Chicago hometown airline.

Anyway, I am waiting for UAInsider to answer the seat assignment issue.
If I can't get my exit row seat back, I wish I can get a refund and buy
another ticket on AA.

Last edited by pigx5; Mar 3, 2012 at 3:26 pm
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
Quick Question - for those who have lost their seats - did you have linked UA/CO numbers prior?

I am just wondering if the problem exists because UA migrated the reservation data prior to the elite status. If the system did not recognize you as being eligible for the seat ... I am thinking it might have bumped you out.

Just a theory for now - but pas was showing me as a 1K the other day and my seats are all still around.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA, 1K
Numbers were linked. One of the pax that lost the assignment was 1K/MM prior and after the migration. The second went from 1P to 0P.
I don't have a good answer for why this happened. I had an *identical* reservation and my seat assignment survived. So it is not even related to going from 005 to 016 stock.

I can live with things like this if COdbUA was at least apologetic and made even a half-serious attempt of making us whole. The "attitude" is unacceptable. If I wanted unassigned seats, I will fly SW for my domestic legs. I can pay a nominal fee to be automatically checked in and guarantee a good seat. United is implicitly selling the "seat assignment" service and not living up to its end of the deal (but then again, they also did not honored their 2 CR-1 promise for life for MM, so I am not surprised).
Welcome to the new UA.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E
Still on hold - over 4 hours now. "All of our agents are temporarily busy"

Did they all take the day off?

I can't re-book the seats on-line because no seats show as available.

Got to give United props for screwing up the data merge so badly. You would think a simple trial-run database merge using offline test databases would have told them they had a problem long before they tried to do the merge with live systems. I wouldn't want to be the United CIO in charge of this fiasco! I know the last CIO quit in April 2011 after being put in charge of the system merger.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My seats in C class from SFO-NRT-TPE are gone. I called res and they were unable to assign.

I checked and my other PNRs are okay. The only thing I can think of is it is UA837 however two types of aircraft - 747 to NRT and 777 to TPE.

I'll give it another day - worse case, I'll just buy another ticket and refund this one.

As for as getting through on the phone - I have called twice and have spoken to an agent with a wait time of less than a minute (1K 2MM).

Cheers
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
All in tact for Monday TG.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
I inexplicably lost my seat assignment on a 3/1 flight, but wasn't sure if it was due to integration issues or a sloppy phone agent who inadvertently moved me. Now I'm thinking I was an early victim...
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by pigx5
Are you on the through flights(same flight number but different aircraft)?
What kind of airplane(mine is on 747)?
After we know more, maybe UAInsider can inform the company about
this problem.
My flights are Mel - Syd (UA840), Syd - Lax(UA840), Lax-Mel(UA839)

They are all 747-400.

I bought E+ for all flights and lost 2 on both UA840s. Mel-Sydney, UA wanna charge more to pick E+ and Syd-Lax is the worst as I lost my exit row and cannot choose any other E+ seat. Not very happy abut this.

UA839 is fine.

I have no status on UA as this is the first time I'm going to fly with them. And looks like this is going to be the last time too. Should've booked Qantas or Virgin instead. They were pretty much the same price as UA when I booked.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
Originally Posted by kluau88
My seats seem to be intact for all 6 unflown segments. All upgraded and still in 16A
Me too! 16A survived on six TPACs this year Guess we are on different 747 flights
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1k,Marriott LT PLT, Hilton Diamond /HYATT Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec
Lost Seats and MP Number

Lost seats in two reservations and one reservation lost my mp number all together. Called in for my flight tomorrow as I couldn't do OLCI. Reservation agent said she was PMUA and was having some troubles and put me on hold. She got some help and fixed it so I could do OLCI. Then she added my MP number back on to my one reservation that didn't come over correctly and assigned me seats back into economy plus. Luckily was able to get two exit rows still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.