Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your seat assignment now

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
I had a schedule change of an EWR-SFO flight in June. New seat map shows all seats "available", but of course none of them selectable.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
So far I have been able to avoid the integration issues (put mildly). This is a little OT in this thread, but I have flights this week though on UA and one of my flights is showing fare class ON. This is a paid W fare upgraded using a GPU. Should I call now to fix that, wait for the airport, or let it play out?

Now to the point of this thread. I have flights for June and the time changed. My seat assignments seem to be ok, but there appeared to be 2 aircraft changes. A 777 to 747 and a 319 to 737, but when I look at my reservation now the 737 is appearing the it still says the other flight is a 777. Did a mock booking and flight is still a 777. Minor point but just wanted to share.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Ok, this made me go in and check all of our remaining segments on $meisk Air....next week EWR-LAS is fine, still in our mileage upgrade FC seats, May's EWR to LHR is fine, same E+ seats and July's EWR to LAS trip now has both of us, both Silver, upgraded going out.....and still in E+ coming back. Note, these trips were booked in 2011 when Silver still has some meaning. It will be interesting to see if the July upgrades hold.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
I had a flight # change; the carrier, aircraft, dep. time, arr. time all remained the same yet I still lost my seat assignment. I was able to get it back but I find this to be very annoying.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dls25
I had a flight # change; the carrier, aircraft, dep. time, arr. time all remained the same yet I still lost my seat assignment. I was able to get it back but I find this to be very annoying.
But isn't .pss just great! I mean you get to spend such quality time with knowledgeable agents after only having to wait, oh, 20 or 50 minutes, and they only need your name, your OnePass/Mileage Plus, the airline you are traveling on, the day you're flying, the number of the flight, the city you are departing, the city you are arriving at, the number of passengers - as if they didn't already know (but were just to embarrassed to say that they really didn't know since .pss tells them everything and is oh so easy to use).

This, unfortunately, is all of the merged United (mUA)'s making in selecting the .pss that they did - for whatever reason that they did. If it wasn't so brittle (i.e. it didn't fall apart at silly minor changes such as renumbering existing flights), we wouldn't have to be paranoid about our reservations and might actually have more time in our days not having to check to see how badly .pss has fallen apart every few hours - and given away our seats again.

David
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:22 am

LAX to IAD change of metal

I checked the reservations I made three months ago and discovered that UA had changed aircraft, moving us from 2-4-2 to a 3-3-3. How nice of them to give as a middle and window seats! How nice of them to tell me that they are under no obligation to respect my seat choice or to give any kind of consideration to my elite status in reassigning seats. How nice of them not to have sent me my new MP card after two emails and and two phone calls to remind them that I would be flying internationally on Monday and would like to use the lounges. Yeah, right now United pretty much bites.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: M&M, A3*G, Flying Blue, HHonors
LHR-SFO and return - we were rebooked for the outbound flight, went LHR-IAD -> IAD-SFO, our bags made it too - sth not always the case for LHR connections. The LHR agent booked gave us seats in Y+ for both flights (we had booked Y-) - not sure whether it was because I'm *Silver (not UA) or simply luck.
Return SFO-LHR - our booking showed cancelled for some reason. Luckily we had decided to show up at the airport 3hrs prior to departure - the agent: "Are you sure you're flying today?" ...it took her 1 hour to get us back into the system, of course our seat assignments were gone (front of Y-), but again luckily we ended up with a middle row in the back - 4 seats for 2 ppl, not too bad.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by ningyo
LHR-SFO and return - we were rebooked for the outbound flight, went LHR-IAD -> IAD-SFO, our bags made it too - sth not always the case for LHR connections. The LHR agent booked gave us seats in Y+ for both flights (we had booked Y-) - not sure whether it was because I'm *Silver (not UA) or simply luck.
Return SFO-LHR - our booking showed cancelled for some reason. Luckily we had decided to show up at the airport 3hrs prior to departure - the agent: "Are you sure you're flying today?" ...it took her 1 hour to get us back into the system, of course our seat assignments were gone (front of Y-), but again luckily we ended up with a middle row in the back - 4 seats for 2 ppl, not too bad.
Your cancellation may be related to this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...-canceled.html
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Seat selection after an equipment change wasn't working yesterday, but seems to be working OK now.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:32 am

My itinerary all of a sudden shows a BF - E+ - E configuration for the UA 767-300 for my trip in June.
My seat assignment has changed as well. What happened or is happening to the F - BF -E+ - E configuration???
Are they going to reconfigure the 767-300s? If so, will row 16 be a good row to sit??
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Originally Posted by fivesixseven
My itinerary all of a sudden shows a BF - E+ - E configuration for the UA 767-300 for my trip in June.
My seat assignment has changed as well. What happened or is happening to the F - BF -E+ - E configuration???
Are they going to reconfigure the 767-300s? If so, will row 16 be a good row to sit??
763s don't have a row 16, at least not the 3-class versions. They've all been reconfigureed to lie-flat seats.
In the 2-class versions of the 763, row 16 is a standard E+seat.
Maybe they've changed equipment on your flight to some other version of 767.

Last edited by redburgundy; Mar 25, 2012 at 7:23 am
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fivesixseven
Is BF rows 1-9 now? If so, that's a PMUA 763 Ghetto Bird that's getting re-configured with BF seats and, I'm guessing, PMCO Y.

No idea what row 16 will be like.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
All my trips are back to normal. I guess I wont be checking reservations on weekends anymore.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by redburgundy
Seat selection after an equipment change wasn't working yesterday, but seems to be working OK now.
It was, then it wasn't, then it was, then it wasn't for me....had to call the 1K desk in the end, they now say I have the seat I asked for the seat map online shows I still have the original POS seat that they arbitrarily assigned me. They really shouldn't be in charge of an airline. Smisek and his lackeys are not fit for purpose.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: UA Gold
Now I am getting a little paranoid. I was previously booked IAH-LAX-HNL on a United First saver award, when seats opened up on the nonstop IAH-HNL route at the same saver level. I immediately called the airline and was reticketed on the nonstop flight and assigned new seats (in the Row 1-5 section of a PMCO 777).

With all of the mixups with seat assignments, what are the chances that I was assigned a seat showing availability that was actually already assigned to someone else (creating a rather unfortunate situation on the day of departure). Has anyone experienced this issue post-integration?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.