Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
What is the longest anyone had to wait for the $5 to show up in their travelbank after emailing besupport2. I sent an email in about 8 days ago for a flight from 5/16.

I have emailed in before for a missing credit and it showed up in my account in a day or 2, just wondering how long I should wait before resending an email.
Most reports on here indicate about 3 days....I rarely check that soon, usually after about a week, and its always been there.

But seeing this thread gave me a reminder to check in on my last couple of trips...one was for 3 of us, and the record split at check in, and so I was only credited for 1 ticket. I swear these splits used to credit properly, but seems for me, its not anymore. In fact, had a regular trip for wife/daughter booked on my account, that didn't split, and still only credited for 1.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
I booked 2 tickets for a trip completed May 16 that never posted. Sent email May 22. Just resent yesterday. This is longer than it usually takes in my experience. I have to email about half of the time it seems. So another thing to watch like a hawk.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Plat, IHG Spire, Hilton,Miles&More
Had the same issue. Sent email 10 days ago, no results. Resent yesterday and noticed today proper credit issued.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by SilverElite
Had the same issue. Sent email 10 days ago, no results. Resent yesterday and noticed today proper credit issued.
Mine is now fixed too.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: 1K---2,909,450 BIS miles
Originally Posted by dogloverjb
Mine is now fixed too.
Mine took 2 weeks to post, from the time I e-mailed them.

This is the only one that has failed to post after itin completed.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
It's getting annoying to keep track of which flights deposited and which didn't. I'm thinking of just sending an email for every flight and asking them to check
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:09 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by getagb
It's getting annoying to keep track of which flights deposited and which didn't. I'm thinking of just sending an email for every flight and asking them to check
I have noticed that flights where I do a SDC or pay to outright make a flight change rarely post, even though I am still doing that through the website. Otherwise I have, fortunately, only had 1 or 2 non-altered tickets not post. At least by my count. I tend to audit it every few months quickly against my flight history.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:54 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
This program is seriously broken and borderline fraudulent.

I just happened to look at my wife's Travel Bank account which we had left on cruise control. It turned out that the last credit was 2.1.2016.

Since that time she has had 25-30 trips that should have received the $5 credit per ticket. So we are talking $100-150 here. I am currently in the process of downloading all her United boarding passes in her received or trash files on her computer to get all the confirmation numbers to submit with the claim (FYI:, Even with this she will be shorted a lot since UA will only accept claims within 1 year of travel)

What a mess. But then, it is United
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Vulcan
I just happened to look at my wife's Travel Bank account which we had left on cruise control. It turned out that the last credit was 2.1.2016.
Oh dear! Sorry to hear that. Hate to ask but are you sure she was/is still enrolled in the program? Did she pay $25 each year? IIRC, you need to opt-in for auto-renewal. It may have lapsed somewhere along the line.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Originally Posted by Vulcan
This program is seriously broken and borderline fraudulent.

Since that time she has had 25-30 trips that should have received the $5 credit per ticket. So we are talking $100-150 here. I am currently in the process of downloading all her United boarding passes in her received or trash files on her computer to get all the confirmation numbers to submit with the claim (FYI:, Even with this she will be shorted a lot since UA will only accept claims within 1 year of travel)

What a mess. But then, it is United
You probably forgot renew your account at the end of your year, they do send you a reminder email.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Lately, I've been booking all my reservations as one-ways (when cost effective) so I can double travel bank. However, upon reflection, I'm wondering how smart that decision is. What happens if I need to cancel the trip? Would I need to pay two change fees?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by eng3
Lately, I've been booking all my reservations as one-ways (when cost effective) so I can double travel bank. However, upon reflection, I'm wondering how smart that decision is. What happens if I need to cancel the trip? Would I need to pay two change fees?
Yes, you would...so best not to change your plans when you do this.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by eng3
Yes, for change and cancellation both.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Yes, for change and cancellation both.
Well, on the flip side, it is substantially easier to change only one direction of the trip if it is booked as one-ways. It's generally easier to have separate tickets except if you need to cancel the whole thing.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I've only had to pay to change/cancel a (non-work) flight once in my life so I suppose its not a big deal. I would hope UA would be flexible if I were in a "trip in vain" situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.